here's my contribution, taken with my Nokia N95-3
tongue.gif

2mfg7r6.jpg

15hit5k.jpg

2rw71p3.jpg

33w5n6c.jpg

24e9f61.jpg

Originally Posted by ebayologist

^Well B&H is suppose to be the biggest camera store in the world so. If you think about it the vast majority of professional photographers in NY shop their or Adorama so your dealing with an enormous number of people who spend a lot of money on camera equipment aside from all the amateur photographers and people who buy various other electronics there. And then they're also the biggest online retailer of photography supplies and equipment, they have offices with people who just work these huge accounts from companies and schools really big on photography. Like my school has one guy at B&H who all he does a handful of really big Chicago accounts which results in me not having to pay shipping from B&H (which is sick..) like dude comes out to Chicago about various wildly expensive photo equipment my school buys from them. Also the guy who owns B&H is out of this world rich so I think in part their set up in a means to support/provide a huge number of jobs to the orthodox jewish community in NY, so I'm not even sure if the setup is related to efficiency or just huge employment.

didn't know B&H was the biggest in the world...but i guess it makes sense, seeing as how their catalogs are like phone books.

Can anyone help me out? I downloaded the Flexify II Plugin to get my pics to look like this
18_10_2007_0277818001192653229_alexandre_duretlutz.jpg

but I really haven't figure it out yet. Can someone walk me through it or try it out on one of these pics for me?
Skyline_Hartford_connecticutt_1_z.jpg

ConnecticutStateHouse1.jpg

HartfordSkylineAtTwilight2.jpg

DSC01945.JPG

I was under the assumption just purely from looking at those photographs they were the result of an extreme wide angle lens and pointing it toward the groundand either removing yourself from the photograph and/or just taking more than one photo and blending multiple photographs as a means of removing yourself. Buthonestly thats just a guess... But I really have hard time believing you can do that without at least some kind of wide angle lens...

Some more night shots.

2224300599_07fe2840f5_o.jpg

2224299237_58af38dc9b_o.jpg

The almighty, worn out, wanting to retire, scratched.... iPod.

2224608292_4737959a13_o.jpg

EDIT: For the guys that shoot in RAW... what software do you use to handle the RAW files? is photoshop enough? I have some software that came with my camera,PictureProject or something, but that seems more of a organizer.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

EDIT: For the guys that shoot in RAW... what software do you use to handle the RAW files? is photoshop enough? I have some software that came with my camera, PictureProject or something, but that seems more of a organizer.

Yeah, I use Photoshop CS3.

Didn't go to school today because wasn't feeling good so i took pictures in my backyard.

C&C please. Thank you.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good camera? It's a D40x and I just picked it up yesterday for $400. It didn't come with a lens but the seller providedme with this one. Can anyone chime in if is this a specialty lens or can I use this from my day to day photo taking? Also all of my photos include theseshadows, how do I remove them? Thanks!
2zyvq4g.jpg
xp798l.jpg

^ Thats actually a good lens. you get enough wide angle at 18mm and enough zoom at 200mm, plus "VR" is a great feature for hand held shots.

the length of the lens and lens hood is blocking the flash. My sigma 10-20mm also does this with or without the lens hood. only way to correct the problem isnot to use flash or buy an external flash like a SB-400 or SB-600. but you def. got a great deal for $400 for both the body and that lens. the 18-200 VR is avery popular lens and retails for about $650 and is usually on back order in most places. Only negative thing i've heard about it, is that is has lenscreep if you point the camera up or down. Also its not fast enough for shooting moving objects in low light situation like a basketball gym.

Originally Posted by sole lovely

I can't wait for the D60 to come out

Yeah, it looks exactly like the D40/D40x. it doesn't really have a lot of improvements though, besides the sensor cleaning and 10MP. only reason Iwould buy one is cause now the kit lens comes with VR. I'm more exited to see how the Rebel XSi turns out.

Originally Posted by Jaw Knee C

the length of the lens and lens hood is blocking the flash. My sigma 10-20mm also does this with or without the lens hood. only way to correct the problem is not to use flash or buy an external flash like a SB-400 or SB-600. but you def. got a great deal for $400 for both the body and that lens. the 18-200 VR is a very popular lens and retails for about $650 and is usually on back order in most places. Only negative thing i've heard about it, is that is has lens creep if you point the camera up or down. Also its not fast enough for shooting moving objects in low light situation like a basketball gym.
Ahh thanks!

Can some of you guys please school me into DSLR's?? Im sort of a newb, and i've always wanted to learn about them.

What's the best brand out? What should i look for when i go out to buy my camera? What do i do before snapping the shot? ISO, LIght?

I need your help guys.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Can some of you guys please school me into DSLR's?? Im sort of a newb, and i've always wanted to learn about them.

What's the best brand out? What should i look for when i go out to buy my camera? What do i do before snapping the shot? ISO, LIght?

I need your help guys.

Try looking around at different sites with reviews and such. I don't know about which brands are best, but my guess is that Canon, and Nikon are upthere when it comes to DSLRs, aloong with Olympus and some others.

Try reading around here. DSLR Tipsbuyers guide. Im not sure what your budget is, but budget DSLRs can go anywhere from $300 - $999. Semi-Pro DSLRs are $1000+++
Also check this site out. and this one.

Also, theres a few new cameras coming out in the spring time like the new Canon Rebel XSi, which looks amazing, packed with features for a good price. ($900)
eyes.gif
... and the Nikon D60, which is a minor upgrade from the D40x and comeswith an updated VR Kit lens.

Back
Top Bottom