Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

My friend took this picture when they went hiking

3714394298_494ba932f6_b.jpg

edited: larger picture

^^^^Nice photo. Shows a lot of depth in it..

Kicks R Me...nice shots but why did you do some post stuff different then others? I actually like the harsh contrasts in the first couple of black andwhites...and then towards the end, you just left it kind of natural. Like the one with P-Rod doing the switch flip manny. His shirt contrasts well with theback ground.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

^^^^Nice photo. Shows a lot of depth in it..
thanks fong

btw my friend (the one who took the photo) likes your shirts from fatlace a lot, he wants to get a hellaflush t-shirt, but its sold out

^^^^Oh....well, not my shirts or designs (I just blog for them) but I think they might even take some phone orders so if you call, there might be a chance thatthey have them. If not...don't worry, they will have probably do some reprints in the future with a different color.

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Would it be safe buying a used lens online?

Or is it safer buying a body?

You talking about E-bay or Craiglist. Craiglsit is fine since you can just test it out before you buy it. E-bay should be straight unless pics look faulty butyou can always just file a complaint if you get something you don't want. For the most part from my experience, it has been cool.

I'm clearly not contributing in here, but I just wanted to say I've enjoyed everyone's photos, you guys are great.

One of these days when I get more time I might have to bribe one of you to post some of my pics...I don't have photoshop and don't know how to tag
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Would it be safe buying a used lens online?

Or is it safer buying a body?

You talking about E-bay or Craiglist. Craiglsit is fine since you can just test it out before you buy it. E-bay should be straight unless pics look faulty but you can always just file a complaint if you get something you don't want. For the most part from my experience, it has been cool.
Looking at ebay and Amazon.

If the item is not as listed, will I be able to get a refund if the seller refuses?

Thanks.

some pics taken recently while I'm on the ship. Taken while we were doing a replenishment of supplies with the USS George Washington.

3720207700_07d1a65b30.jpg

3720197670_385c09c239.jpg

3720207710_e96276d108.jpg

3720207706_5561cc71df.jpg

3720207708_a699611bf3.jpg

C&C?

More on my flickr.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by qksLvrtypeS

fong, i used one sunpak 383 bare on a light stand triggered by my gadget infinity v4. im still *noob* on taking skate pics really. its only my 2nd time shooting at a skate park. nice photos btw. also check my flickr for setup places.

rikan - awesome portrait. lightings great.

2 more skate photos

3717456082_dbb3e33070_o.jpg
3717443988_4f1595c8b9_o.jpg

and a re edit
BEFORE
AFTER

How do you expose for a shot like this?... I always blowout the background, or do you recover it in Raw or PS?

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

How do you expose for a shot like this?... I always blowout the background, or do you recover it in Raw or PS?
Good question. If someone with more experience can come through and provide a more solid answer, that would be great.

But if I can take my shot at trying to answer the question or what I think is done in this process (from my reading and experience)... you meter for thatbeautiful blue sky and of course when you take the picture of your subject it will become a silhouette BUT that's what the bare flash is for to light upthe subject (and then the blue sky becomes a back/fill light for the subject)... again, don't quote me and someone quickly correct me if I'm wrong. Ohhh and of course... if taken RAW you can recover some amazing details/color in PS3 without much trouble.

fong, i used one sunpak 383 bare on a light stand triggered by my gadget infinity v4. im still *noob* on taking skate pics really. its only my 2nd time shooting at a skate park. nice photos btw. also check my flickr for setup places.

2 more skate photos

3717456082_dbb3e33070_o.jpg
3717443988_4f1595c8b9_o.jpg

and a re edit
BEFORE
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3560/3408129849_2748f9d78f_o.jpg[/img]

AFTER
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2651/3710974823_021d5b82c5_o.jpg[/img]
how do you take the car ones/?

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

2 more skate photos

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2651/3710974823_021d5b82c5_o.jpg[/img]
how do you take the car ones/?

Oh son, let me try to help you or lead you in the right direction... I'm sure I've seen folks ask him thisquestion in the past in this thread, I sent him a message on Flickr also and got no response and it's cool... maybe he is really busy or just get tired ofpeople asking the same question. But for real, let me be clear w/ Quick not catching feelings
laugh.gif
because it's nothing a quick search online can't answer... anyways checkthese links out and see if it helps...

But so far this is one of the better sites that I found explaining these similar type of shots that Quick likes to take...

http://www.rigshots.com.au/howto1.htm

and check out the dude gallery http://www.rigshots.com.au/gallery7.htm

It definitely requires a rig, understanding your light source, long exposures, some photoshop to remove the rig from the shots... read the links though, goodstuff. OHhhh and on Flickr, browse groups with keywords "car photography, moving cars/automobile, rig shots, rig set-up, etc"

Edit: So I don't come off bitter. lol

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Good question. If someone with more experience can come through and provide a more solid answer, that would be great.

But if I can take my shot at trying to answer the question or what I think is done in this process (from my reading and experience)... you meter for that beautiful blue sky and of course when you take the picture of your subject it will become a silhouette BUT that's what the bare flash is for to light up the subject (and then the blue sky becomes a back/fill light for the subject)... again, don't quote me and someone quickly correct me if I'm wrong. Ohhh and of course... if taken RAW you can recover some amazing details/color in PS3 without much trouble.
that's what I've read, I think on the xsi I have to hit the exposure lock button

Back
Top Bottom