Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

yeah i figured that much, i asked for a link because i didnt jump at the first online retailer i saw and got these, i did a little shopping around and i askedaround on POTN to see if anyone could make any suggestions, at the end of the day i came accross this site and i went for it, I tried looking around locally,but every printing shop i went to, only offer your tipical paper stocks, I knew i wanted plastic and i didnt wanna setttle for less, so i spent the money andgot the cards that i exactly wanted. Out of all the people that have seen them you are the first person to say that i "got jipped", others have saidthe price was steep, but reasonable for plastic cards. So instead of saying i "got jipped" yous hould say your homegirl worked out a better deal andcaught a steal on her cards.

sorry homie, you got jipped. (still)

i have plenty of friends in the printing industry and all will say that $320 is insane for 250 cards, regardless of the medium. Thats $1.30 for every personthat you're giving a card to.

i don't need to change what i said to make you feel better about your purchase, this isn't ISS ;]. in fact, i'll change my statement to "youshould've bargained better and got more for your money." 500 - 1000 cards sounds a hell of a lot more realistic IMO.

and, im not talking down on your purchase, if you're happy with your cards and other people have said it was just a bit steep, why are you so worried aboutmy response?

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I thought about plastic too. It definitely stands out and entices people to hold on to it moreso than the avg business card.

How much you pay for those?

they ran me 320$ for 250 cards, this including a small design fee, although i had already designed the logo myself. like i said expensive but definately worth it, if you wanna make an impression.

diablo, you got got! thats more than a dollar for every card. at the end of the day you are trying to reach as many people as possible with business cards,which improved the probability of getting hired for something. as for the design, most of the time its free. but what you can always do is research your owndesign. will save you alot of money.

yea...$320 for 250 cards is pretty steep, especially considering half the people you give your cards to aren't gonna hire you to do anything

everyone always says this but.... this thread is the only reason i still frequent NT. lotta useful information and more importantly lotta inspiration
somthing about this picture i really like, was taken bout a year ago but wanted to contribute somthing and managed to scrounge up this
3168721799_e57119a917.jpg

(sorry didnt realize this is the resized version)

oh and does anyone print their own pictures? I've been looking into basic printers but was wondering if anyone on nt owns their own printin setup, or havepictures of viable home rigs. danke

can someone please recommend me a good canon or nikon dslr camera package from amazon or somewhere cheaper!.. somewhere around 500-600

don't know much about Nikon or Canon but I'm thinking the XS, XSi, or XTi and the Nikon D40, D40x, or D60 are in your price range. Most likely withtheir respective 18-55mm lenses.

Originally Posted by DJ bana

i have plenty of friends in the printing industry and all will say that $320 is insane for 250 cards, regardless of the medium. Thats $1.30 for every person that you're giving a card to.

i don't need to change what i said to make you feel better about your purchase, this isn't ISS ;]. in fact, i'll change my statement to "you should've bargained better and got more for your money." 500 - 1000 cards sounds a hell of a lot more realistic IMO.

and, im not talking down on your purchase, if you're happy with your cards and other people have said it was just a bit steep, why are you so worried about my response?

Why do you keep bringing up ISS?...
Anyways I'm not concern with your response, simply having a discussion. I didn't spend 320$ with the idea thy these were going to be my main source ofnetworking, I've had them for about 2 months and I've handed out only a handful, I rely mostly on word of mouth and my site. Only thing that rubs mewrong is your choice of words, but is YOUR OPINION and I can respect that, till you show me a site or someones shop number that will print plastic cards thesame quality as these 1000 for 200$ I'm gonna have to call ducktales and when you do I'll be thankful and the next time I order will be from one ofyour printing industry pals.

To the man that's worried about how many people will actually call you, it's life and it's part of the process of making a name for yourself. Somewill call most won't, none of us here are professional photographers, including bana herself, yet some of us have spent over 5k in equipment I don'tsee wats the big "woow dude you got jipped" expression about the cards, specially coming from a person who owns a 3k+ setup to practically documenther outtings judging from the flickr (complete assumption) unless you got friends in the canon industry aswell and were able to bargain that too.

Originally Posted by budahbro

everyone always says this but.... this thread is the only reason i still frequent NT. lotta useful information and more importantly lotta inspiration
somthing about this picture i really like, was taken bout a year ago but wanted to contribute somthing and managed to scrounge up this
3168721799_e57119a917.jpg

(sorry didnt realize this is the resized version)

oh and does anyone print their own pictures? I've been looking into basic printers but was wondering if anyone on nt owns their own printin setup, or have pictures of viable home rigs. danke

i dont think its nessesary for you to get your own printer, it will be costly to maintain and you will be restricted to maybe 2 sizes per printer. you can usesites like Mpix.com or Nationsphotolab.com to get your prints. I use Mpix all the time, they have different options from standouts to gallery wraps and reallyfast shipping, best of all not very expensive i think. I happened to have taken this pic a few days ago when i ordered my last batch, hard to see the quality,but is something.
4175222849_7bd8903fde_b.jpg

i highly recommend you use this before you blow 400+ on a printer.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

^ uhhh the LX3 is a point and shoot not a DSLR.

You dont need a DSLR to achieve great photos.

i have plenty of friends in the printing industry and all will say that $320 is insane for 250 cards, regardless of the medium. Thats $1.30 for every person that you're giving a card to.

i don't need to change what i said to make you feel better about your purchase, this isn't ISS ;]. in fact, i'll change my statement to "you should've bargained better and got more for your money." 500 - 1000 cards sounds a hell of a lot more realistic IMO.

and, im not talking down on your purchase, if you're happy with your cards and other people have said it was just a bit steep, why are you so worried about my response?

Anyways I'm not concern with your response, simply having a discussion. I didn't spend 320$ with the idea thy these were going to be my main source of networking, I've had them for about 2 months and I've handed out only a handful, I rely mostly on word of mouth and my site. Only thing that rubs me wrong is your choice of words, but is YOUR OPINION and I can respect that, till you show me a site or someones shop number that will print plastic cards the same quality as these 1000 for 200$ I'm gonna have to call ducktales and when you do I'll be thankful and the next time I order will be from one of your printing industry pals.

To the man that's worried about how many people will actually call you, it's life and it's part of the process of making a name for yourself. Some will call most won't, none of us here are professional photographers, including bana herself, yet some of us have spent over 5k in equipment I don't see wats the big "woow dude you got jipped" expression about the cards, specially coming from a person who owns a 3k+ setup to practically document her outtings judging from the flickr (complete assumption) unless you got friends in the canon industry aswell and were able to bargain that too.
damnnnn, its not that serious.

relentless jabs at me because i said you got jipped, making a fool of yourself. you're quite salty, stop getting your panties in a bunch and stop judgingwhat i do. you don't know me, nor do you know what kind of money i make from my images, so keep your assumptions to yourself.

LOL @ calling duck tales because i don't feel like getting the info on the shop in LA,
roll.gif
no, i wont be doing you any favors. you did'nt even ask nicely.. instead you're talking %$+$ to me, thinking im gonna help you.. definitely not.

dude has been here less than a week and is already getting fiesty. you better slow your roll because you're taking punches for no reason at all..

i vote you off the island.

back to the thread

4172285063_f20b6076a2_b.jpg

4172260101_cf4a4b08a9_b.jpg

3663951661_dea8db99c8_b.jpg

3541174084_4069d24d1e_b.jpg

3537957035_0ac03ee386_b.jpg

Anyways I'm not concern with your response, simply having a discussion. I didn't spend 320$ with the idea thy these were going to be my main source of networking, I've had them for about 2 months and I've handed out only a handful, I rely mostly on word of mouth and my site. Only thing that rubs me wrong is your choice of words, but is YOUR OPINION and I can respect that, till you show me a site or someones shop number that will print plastic cards the same quality as these 1000 for 200$ I'm gonna have to call ducktales and when you do I'll be thankful and the next time I order will be from one of your printing industry pals.

To the man that's worried about how many people will actually call you, it's life and it's part of the process of making a name for yourself. Some will call most won't, none of us here are professional photographers, including bana herself, yet some of us have spent over 5k in equipment I don't see wats the big "woow dude you got jipped" expression about the cards, specially coming from a person who owns a 3k+ setup to practically document her outtings judging from the flickr (complete assumption) unless you got friends in the canon industry aswell and were able to bargain that too.
damnnnn, its not that serious.

relentless jabs at me because i said you got jipped, making a fool of yourself. you're quite salty, stop getting your panties in a bunch and stop judging what i do. you don't know me, nor do you know what kind of money i make from my images, so keep your assumptions to yourself.

LOL @ calling duck tales because i don't feel like getting the info on the shop in LA,
roll.gif
no, i wont be doing you any favors. you did'nt even ask nicely.. instead you're talking %$+$ to me, thinking im gonna help you.. definitely not.

dude has been here less than a week and is already getting fiesty. you better slow your roll because you're taking punches for no reason at all..

i vote you off the island.

back to the thread

4172285063_f20b6076a2_b.jpg

4172260101_cf4a4b08a9_b.jpg

3663951661_dea8db99c8_b.jpg

3541174084_4069d24d1e_b.jpg

3537957035_0ac03ee386_b.jpg

i think thats your problem, feeling a little territorial, i didnt call you out, if anything ive always admired your style of shooting. I dont need to make aname for myself here or anywhere im just another person who loves photography just like you and all i been doing here is sharing some of my knowledge.... LMAO@ "vote me off the island" to this i have one respond GROW UP.

I never said that point and shoots can't take quality pics. In fact, I'm about to get a G11 to along with my 2 DSLRs. I simply correctedhim because he called the LX3 a DSLR, which it clearly is not.

I never said that point and shoots can't take quality pics. In fact, I'm about to get a G11 to along with my 2 DSLRs. I simply corrected him because he called the LX3 a DSLR, which it clearly is not.

Im sorry about that.

forgive him jenn, he is an iss'er turned nt'er like alot of others.

he has alot to get used to.

nice pics jenn.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

So uhh...changing the subject. Anyone freelens?

you mean freelance?...lol i think thats what we all do....i dont think it pays off when you as a photographer work for lets say a wedding agency....ive heardhorrrrror stories about this. I personally wouldnt work for anyone but myself when it comes to photography.

Back
Top Bottom