Official PITTSBURGH STEELERS 2011-2012 SEASON THREAD vol. THE BOUNCE BACK SEASON

Eh, still on the face about LeBeau. Its hard to argue with a top ranked defense every year, midgame adjustment or not. Actually its the run defense that had me worried during the season. We finished 9th overall in run D.

Who is the heir to Lebeau? Keith Butler? He's been around for a while

I think Ike is ok as a 1, minus Denver (what was that!?), he does a good job with top . That said a replacement will have to be found in a few years

I missed this, Ed Bouchette posted on the PPG site here stating Lebeau is coming back next year. There was chatter that Raheem Morris was coming to Pittsburgh before he took the DB position in DC. He was a decent DC at Tampa (horrible head coach). I wouldn't mind him...

Whelp, it's official. Arians retired...Link to story here. With Coach Kirb busy getting better, wonder who they will hire...

Edit: I wouldn't mind seeing Green Bay QB coach Tom Clements as OC for us...

Why on earth would the Steelers sign Troy Smith (story here)? I wonder who will be gone...Batch, Dixon, or Leftwich....Was Dixon in someone's dog house during the season? He didn't even dress much this year...I thought he had some promise. Liked him at Oregon.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Clements as our OC... He worked as QB coach for the Steelers for 2-3 years when Cowher was there with Ben... Keeping fingers crossed....

I think Batch and DD are gone. Agree about someone unhappy with Dixon, he showed some promise when he played last year

Now that the Dolphins hired Philbin, I wonder if the Packers will promote Clements. If we can't get him, I wouldn't mind seeing Jim Caldwell as our OC...

Looks like Todd Haley is our new OC.

todd-haley-animated-gif.gif

What up Krazy88s...I like the hire...Wish we would've gotten Caldwell instead but Haley is cool. I'm glad Ben doesn't have a yes man as an OC anymore. Maybe Haley will help Ben with his fundamentals.

Heard Couch Kirby has a long road ahead of him with being burned on 45% of his body but it looks like it will be ok (relatively speaking)...

Now it's up to Colbert & Khan to get some O-Line & D-Line & DBs....

I would have also preferred Caldwell but whatever. If Haley tries that jerk attitude he won't last long. Hopefully it works out

I think Haley's "jerk" persona is more media hyperbole than anything. Steve Breaston even said as much when he left Arizona to sign as a free agent with with Chief (where he signed a 5 year deal). Haley was the WR coach & then OC. You think if he was that big a jerk that someone he coached would sign that long? I just hope Haley gets to work on Ben getting rid of the ball quickly & to stop throwing off his back foot. Arians let Ben develope some awful bad habits. I'm so glad he's gone. Been reading the National Football Post's scouting reports to brush up on the types of players teh Steelers might draft this year. Here's the link. Check it out...

Agree with some of the bad habits I also think when Ken Anderson left that didn't help either. Good link on TE draft, they have the needs correct. OL, DL and ILB. I'd throw CB as well. What's the deal with Saunders, I like his game unfortunate he will miss 4

I'll bet you Saunders was caught smoking herb...It's a huge problem in the NFL & the NBA... Bigger than people realize. I personally know of situations for pro teams in my area...

Yo "Stiller" fans, Hines Ward along with Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham, & Tony Dungy are going to be featured in a documentary to be aired on the USA network this Friday 2/10/12 @ 7PM called NFL Characters Unite. It's about how these guys overcame racism & them mentoring some teens experiencing the same struggle. The trailer & the site devoted to USA network's initiatives is here. Check it out...Also posted this as a separate thread in the S&T section....

Looks like McFadden (thank god) & Battle were cut which saved $3.5 mil on the cap. I think we're $25 mil over the cap so we got more cuts to make. I can see Kemoeatu getting cut at $3.2 mil. Man that dude really knows how to jump on a pile after the fact...I'm curious to see if the Steelers will take Hines back at a dramatically cheaper price. He has actually helped Wallace, Brown, & Sanders flourish. Sad to say he tried with Holmes too. Looks like Omar Khan is getting an interview with St. Louis for their GM position. If he get's the position, it will be really sad to see him go but he definitely earned getting a GM position. Looking forward to see what we do in the off season. Nice move to start with getting Haley...

Back
Top Bottom