OFFICIAL Pittsburgh Steelers VS Miami Dolphins VOL MNF!!!

Originally Posted by MART1N PAYNE

Porter isn't trash, he was just asking for more money than the Steelers felt he deserved. In my opinion, he's a solid LB.
tired.gif
He was killin tonight. And i'm not talking about the pick or tackles, i'm talking about his awareness and his ability to be where he needed to be. He got owned by Hines Ward when Ward was going across the middle, but other than that, he was making tackles and if he wasn't, he was around 80% of the plays when they were done. There was one particular play where he stuffed his gap and fought for it and made the tackle. He's not great, but he's a playmaker.

He's just the opposite of everything you say. You're gonna make me dig up the archives over at stillers.com to show the film breakdowns of himbeing a completely worthless bum out there for the last 3 years he was in the burgh (sans one playoff game)??? I guess I'll do it if that's what youwant, but trust me.. those of us that watched him closely week in and week out in the burgh knew he was done awhile ago - the steelers were letting him goregardless, whatever line they threw out there is BS.. they let guys like him go all the time because they can, and because they have to in order to keep thatdefense going strong. He was living off his reputation for far too long, taking lazy routes to the QB, finding poor angles to go after ball carriers, givingup on plays, getting locked by inferior players, not to mention the stupid pregame and post play penalties and ejections he was sure to be involved with onceor twice a year.

Our defense looks a LOT better without him on the field this year - we actually get a pass rush that means something from Harrison, not to mention a guythat wants to hit people and not just have his face shown on sportscenter for running his mouth.
I'll try to dig up some of those stories stillers did on him tomorrow - i'm heading to bed.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

That was probably the worst MNF game I've ever seen.

I don't know what's worse... knowing that the game was going to be as bad as it was or repeatedly tuning back thinking something great waseventually going to happen.

roll.gif
, I have never heard someone say Porter was worth the money. He wasterrible the last 2 years in Pittsburgh (minus the playoffs in 2005).....

he had Ben Worthlessburger shook the entire game
Clever, just enjoy Kyle Boller and last place Ravens fan.....

put him on the field and his presence is going to be felt and respected. and he makes plays. he earned his cheese last night and i'm standing by that.

Clever, just enjoy Kyle Boller and last place Ravens fan.....
tired.gif

Game last night was
grin.gif
We can't get out of our own way these days. The Steelers played the ENTIRE game on our half of the field. No reason for that. Ricky of course let me down, we need him to do things so we can getsomething for him, anything, I don't care.

The other part that pisses me off is the stupid NFL schedule guys. Why have a team play a short week against a team that played like 12 days ago? Miami andthe Jets are who I'm referring too. We have only a few days to get ready while they've already been off for 5 days preparing for us. Total BS by theNFL.

I hate the Thursday games, Monday games, etc. on the schedule. Screws up the teams.

Sorry Martin, it has been a long time since we had a Ravens/Steelers smack off. Good times, you guys had all the smack last year. Had to give a little back!

Back
Top Bottom