Official Pizza Appreciation!

44C53693-FF15-408A-A04A-EEC6849C78A4.jpeg

Just fiished eating this :pimp:

Regina Pizza in boston.

Now you need to hit up Joey Bova's Bakery or Mike's Pastry for some sfogliatelle, cannoli and zeppole

Just came back from Chicago. Had Lou Malnattis, Giordano's, and Pequods. Pequods hands down was the best deep dish, the other two were just OK.

Eatily had a solid Margherita thin crust at "La Pizza La Pasta" restaurant upstairs, reminded me of pizza in Naples.

ya i wanted to hit up pequods originally but they are out of the way from my hotel... will prally just hit up lou malnatti

ya i wanted to hit up pequods originally but they are out of the way from my hotel... will prally just hit up lou malnatti

Yeah same here, was staying near Millennium Park but I am so glad I went out there. Going to have to come back and have it again soon.

Yeah. Certain places you go if you don't order it well, they give you some doughy mess. But then of course you run the risk of getting a blackened pie like @erupt :lol:
Always reference him, but David Jacoby also suggests this, for the reasons that you mentioned.

I haven't run into many places that I would have to ask for Well Done Pizza, Whole Food is one though.

Crust is always WAY too doughy

Cross-posting this....

What is the best pizza I can get in Queens or Brooklyn? I'm going to the US Open tomorrow and either want to hit a spot mid-day or when I leave on Wednesday. Maybe both :nerd:

Pizza Shop Operates On "Pay-It-Forward" Model

$

© Provided by Hearst Television, Inc.A pizza shop in New Albany, indiana is doing its part to help the homeless and underprivileged.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/pizza-shop-operates-on-pay-it-forward-model/ar-BBMVwf6

8th St. Pizza serves food three days a week. It allows guests to pay whatever they can.

"We have folks that have never paid and we have folks that pay sometimes, and that's OK," executive director of Clean Socks Hope Jeff Minton said.

The restaurant is part of the non-profit, Clean Socks Hope, which partners with under-served neighborhoods to provide innovative and wholistic development leading to restoration in all areas of life.

"Everyone is worth time and we try to offer that," Minton said.

Any proceeds from 8th St. Pizza go to rent, utilities, and programming.

Each month, 200 to 250 pizzas are ordered from the restaurant.

"We do dignity based, there's no handouts here," Minton said.

The made-to-order pizza is made by volunteers.

"We have folks that have never worked in a pizza shop and we have folks that are professionals that come in and help us," Minton said.

If someone can't pay for the food, they can help out around the shop.

"They will come in and ask for their regular order and they just immediately start emptying garbage, wiping the tables down, all the stuff that needs to be done in any restaurant," Minton said.

The pizza shop is open to anyone. People who can afford to pay-it-forward, will pay for their own meal and then make a donation to provide meals for someone else.

"We have been able to feed almost 1200 folks, individual folks, by the kindness of others," Minton said.

The restaurant is serving more than just food, it's also helping people feel a sense of community.

"We call everyone by their first names, so it's a beautiful thing," Minton said.

8th St. Pizza is located at 800 E. 8th Street in New Albany, Indiana.

The restaurant is open Wednesday 4 p.m. - 8 p.m., Thursday 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., and Friday 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.

Yeah I'm not a fan of grandma style pizza unless I'm in a jam. The NY slices look good though. But it looks like it need to be heated up.

Yeah I'm not a fan of grandma style pizza unless I'm in a jam. The NY slices look good though. But it looks like it need to be heated up.
I really enjoyed the Sicilian slices. There aren't many options for Sicilian-style here in Baltimore. Loved the amount of sauce, and there was a really nice crisp.

The NY slices just came out the oven :lol:. They were good too, had a solid crisp. We have some spots in Baltimore that are on par with them.

I know they aren't the absolute best pizza spots in the area but I was traveling alone and had to get to places, so I was only buying slices as opposed to full pies, and they had to be somewhat on my route.

The NY slices just came out the oven :lol:. They were good too, had a solid crisp. We have some spots in Baltimore that are on par with them.

Must just be the camera angle or lighting. Didn't look like it had that melty, greasy glisten.

A New York slice of cheese or pepperoni with red pepper flakes and a dusting of parmesean/romano :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom