Official Pizza Appreciation!

Has anyone been to Napoli to try the pizza?
I love pizza of all kinds but never was really into the basic Napoli style, until I visited Italy last year. Had to check it out in Naples so I went to "Gino e Toto Sorbillo". It is absolutely amazing. Best Pizza I've ever had in my entire life. Few pics of our selections, and we had to take one togo. BTW it was pandemonium trying to get to the front of the line to get your name on a list, after that we had to wait another 1.5-2 hours to get seated. They don't really speak English either.

20180425_052739.jpg 20180425_052733.jpg

Happy Pi Day btw, y'all. I'm trying to decide between NY-style slice, deep-dish, or Neapolitan style for lunch. Seattle has options but doesn't necessary have amazing pizza. Jack of trades/styles, master of none.

I love pizza of all kinds but never was really into the basic Napoli style, until I visited Italy last year. Had to check it out in Naples so I went to "Gino e Toto Sorbillo". It is absolutely amazing. Best Pizza I've ever had in my entire life. Few pics of our selections, and we had to take one togo. BTW it was pandemonium trying to get to the front of the line to get your name on a list, after that we had to wait another 1.5-2 hours to get seated. They don't really speak English either.

Neapolitan pie :smokin

Is that prosciutto and arugula?

nice, I did not go to that spot specific spot. You are right though I still remember seeing a crazy line outside during the evening. However, definitely the best pizza I have ever tried. I especially enjoyed the portafoglio aka pocket pizza. the fritta was good but that heartburn soon after :lol:

I really miss the cafe shops :frown:

nice, I did not go to that spot specific spot. However, definitely the best pizza I have ever tried. I especially enjoyed the portafoglio aka pocket pizza. the fritta was good but that felt that heartburn soon after :lol:

I really miss the cafe shops :frown:

Nice, Naples pizza definitely left a lasting impression on me. Trying to find other places that can make it like that but so far not many can (outside of Eatily in Chicago, not too bad). Kinda bummed we didn't try any of the other styles, just kept going after regular pizza- next trip I'll diversify.

All I was doing at the cafe shops was getting either coffee or beer while wifey was sippin on spritz :lol:

Nice, Naples pizza definitely left a lasting impression on me. Trying to find other places that can make it like that but so far not many can (outside of Eatily in Chicago, not too bad). Kinda bummed we didn't try any of the other styles, just kept going after regular pizza- next trip I'll diversify.

All I was doing at the cafe shops was getting either coffee or beer while wifey was sippin on spritz :lol:
Really? I would never expect the pizza from there being good, well in comparison to the pizza in napoli. I can never look at pizza the same after eating in Napoli. I ate so much and it was all good.

I hear you, I really don't even drink coffee but it just felt nice to get a quick one for the road then get a beer to go :lol: the apple spritz is definitely catered for the ladies.

I am definitely bringing more food back when i return to napoli

The Eatily in Chicago (LA one for some reason was buns), the spot called "La Pizza La Pasta" had napoli style pizza- that's the next best I've found. Going back to Chitown early September for this and some Pequod's, my absolute favorite deep dish.

Had a personal with homemade meatball, bacon, peperoni, jalapeno, fresh garlic and mushrooms. Here's a pic (from Pequods)
IMG_20180824_151718.jpg

Pizza for lunch is a must now lol.

The Eatily in Chicago (LA one for some reason was buns), the spot called "La Pizza La Pasta" had napoli style pizza- that's the next best I've found. Going back to Chitown early September for this and some Pequod's, my absolute favorite deep dish.

Had a personal with homemade meatball, bacon, peperoni, jalapeno, fresh garlic and mushrooms. Here's a pic (from Pequods)
IMG_20180824_151718.jpg

Pizza for lunch is a must now lol.
nice! i miss the deepdish from chitown. I will definitely check it out if i ever do return :D

Back
Top Bottom