Official Pizza Appreciation!

How is Las Vegas on that list? :lol: And why is SanFran ahead of Chicago? Lol.

List was made by a blogger who based everything on internet ratings, awards, and affordability. Apparently Detroit is ranked 120 in the country and for some reason New Haven couldn't crack the top 200 list 🤣smh

"We all know Chicago (No. 3) serves iconic deep-dish pizza, but what about San Francisco (No. 2), Miami (No. 4), and Las Vegas (No. 5)?"

Each of these four cities baked their way into the top five, thanks to abundant Access and numerous Accolades. San Francisco beat out Chi-town with more affordable slices (when adjusted by income) and more pizzerias recognized by international pizza awards."

This the full list

3CAA4609-2EE7-4CD8-93AE-18D73F2D4086.jpeg

Thin crust extraordinary. The crust is almost cracker-like. The cheese is unique to a stringy degree. Have been going here and has not changed for over 35+. Place is as old as dirt but there is not a speck of dust in the place. The name is on the spatula you use to serve the square cut pizza shapes. Some LOVE the burnt edges. Wife worked there back in the day.

B6D22B8A-750B-408C-9DC2-18BB4BAFAE07.jpeg

Make a dash for it

If you ever in Da UP eh! And in ESKY. This is the place!!!!

Went to Sally's Apizza, and up there with one of the worst pizzas I've ever had. I get none of the hype with New Haven pizza. There are some people that say there's no such things as a bad pizza, well it seems all of New Haven has some pretty bad pizza.

Went to Sally's Apizza, and up there with one of the worst pizzas I've ever had. I get none of the hype with New Haven pizza. There are some people that say there's no such things as a bad pizza, well it seems all of New Haven has some pretty bad pizza.
What are your main grievances?

IIRC you don't like Frank Pepe right? They are ok to me. Sally's imo was great. Out of the New Haven Holy Trinity, Modern is GOAT. Have you had Modern?

What are your main grievances?
I dislike the sauce that's used, I know it's supposed to be really good and they've used the same recipe for a long time, but it doesn't contrast well with the char from the coal oven. It may be the dough itself that I personally don't like. I thought perhaps coal fired was just not my thing but it's far from that because I love John's Of Bleecker and their pizza is far superior where the sweetness of the tomato sauce pairs elegantly with the char on that pizza.

The cheese, or lack their of is also not my cup of tea. I had a hard time finding something about Sally's that I liked, I know they're beloved by many, and it's just not my cup of tea. I did enjoy their Italian style wings with Calabrian peppers and the peppercorn sauce dip. Overall, I just think their pizza is not for me, which is why I won't even bother going to Modern.

IIRC you don't like Frank Pepe right? They are ok to me. Sally's imo was great. Out of the New Haven Holy Trinity, Modern is GOAT. Have you had Modern?
That's right, I strongly disliked Frank Pepe. I haven't tried Modern, but I think it may just be the style of pizza itself that I am not a fan of.

That's right, I strongly disliked Frank Pepe. I haven't tried Modern, but I think it may just be the style of pizza itself that I am not a fan of.
That makes sense. It's not for everybody. Modern was my favorite out there because they have more cheese & thicker dough- exactly how I like my pizza.

Back
Top Bottom