Official Pizza Appreciation!

Ppl make sbarros out to be ***

But you can’t tell me in 7th grade it wasn’t THEE spot
I really enjoy their pizza right out the oven.

However, when it’s re-heated it doesn’t taste good at all. The past few years they’ve been using this conveyer style toaster to re-heat pizza, and the slices always come out like a cracker, and always has that dirty toaster taste.

I ate sbarro's twice at malls. The pizza wasn't bad and tasted pretty good. That was 15 years ago though.

I haven’t had a Sbarro’s pizza since I was in Wyoming in the Military, honestly the best pizza they had out there, but I been out 8 years now, and I live in NYC. Still haven’t even thought of a Sbarro’s. I’ll look at a Sbarro’s pizza joint and say to myself damn I should get a slice of pizza and immediately go to the next pizza spot.

Ate Sbarro as weak mall date food in high school. The setup is like a school with trays and assembly line of food. The spaghetti and lasagna was better than the pizza tbh.

See this is an interesting point

Did our taste buds develop? Did they quality fall off?

Both?

Same case can be made for Buffalo Wild Wings cuz in 06 that **** was SMACKIN, now it’s just eh
Probably both. Taste buds definitely develope over the years as we try more food and adjust to different flavors. Plus when you're young you don't have much to compare things to. I'm sure quality fell off over the years too.

I don’t think I’ve ever had Sbarros before.

Could never pass up the Chinese spot with the sample guy giving out bourbon chicken.

This was always the tough decision. Was usually a 50-50 split for me

Haven’t had it in years but don’t remember it being any worse than other chain pizza places

Bourbon Chicken, Fried Rice, and 3 samples of stuff I was never going to get > Sbarro. Plus a couple Crab Rangoons if I felt like splurging.

Sbarro reminds me of cici’s pizza. Gross by my standards today but loved it as kid. Same thing with Golden Corral and shoney’s.

I’ll still **** up a fresh slice from Sbarros, idc 🤷🏾‍♂️

Was in Dallas this weekend in Deep Ellum area. Came across this spot called Serious Pizza. Was tipsy and enjoyed a slice from there. Will visit again.

63607F0E-FB5D-4588-885E-06D7289742B9.jpeg

Used to love sbarro at the mall. First place I ever tried a slice of white pizza
Sbarro reminds me of cici’s pizza. Gross by my standards today but loved it as kid. Same thing with Golden Corral and shoney’s.
Wild y'all mention this one after the other. We didn't have Cici's here when I was a kid. First time I tried them was on vacation in Texas when I was like 10 or 11. My cousin told me I should go up there & grab a white spinach slice. Thought he was crazy. No tomato sauce & I hated spinach. I tried it anyways and was shocked. I was hooked. Been loving all sorts of white pies since.

And Shoney's was my jam. Had the stuffed bear with the overalls & everything. Ponderosa & Old Country Buffet were our other go to buffet spots too.

Wait hold on now Golden Corral still hits, every time I hit NC I’m touching Golden Corral, The Cookout, Maybe some Hardee’s /Carls Junior after doing my shopping at the Piggly Wigley .

1677477187129.gif

57D83B35-CE71-4DF9-87F3-A8CD9ED5ADD6.jpeg

Grandma slice from Andrew Bellucci’s Pizzeria in Astoria, Queens. What’s interesting about this spot is that he has beef with another Bellucci’s Pizzeria that’s only a couple blocks away. I don’t know all of the details but he used to be in business with them, they split so he opened his own spot and named it after his full name. He also puts pics of his face on the box so people know that it's him. I myself was a little bit aware of the feud but I forgot that there were two Bellucci's a couple of blocks away. I went to the other last week.

Last edited:
57D83B35-CE71-4DF9-87F3-A8CD9ED5ADD6.jpeg

Grandma slice from Andrew Bellucci’s Pizzeria in Astoria, Queens. What’s interesting about this spot is that he has beef with another Bellucci’s Pizzeria that’s only a couple blocks away. I don’t know all of the details but he used to be in business with them, they split so he opened his own spot and named it after his full name. He also puts pics of his face on the box so people know that it's him. I myself was a little bit aware of the feud but I forgot that there were two Bellucci's a couple of blocks away. I went to the other last week.
Pizza joint rivalries 🔥

Can we get your ratings on each place?

Cuz you hit a lot of spots and I’m interested to know if I should walk over 😂

Back
Top Bottom