:::[Official Playoffs] San Francisco 49ers vs. New Orleans Saints @ Candlestick 01/14:::

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

I thought Alex Smth couldnt win games???????????????????????????
come on man we all know dude was unproven in big games and we all doubted him. 
laugh.gif

that last drive was sick. i hope this gives him the confidence going forward. 

if you are a 49er fan and you didnt have several heart attacks on that last drive you are lying 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

both turnovers on special teams, the ball was stripped. The first one dude for NO dropped it then picked it back up and got stripped. Sproiles also got stripped on his fumble. Meaning they were forced. Both of Bree's int were great plays by the defense. The first fumble by Thomas was caused by a great hit from Whitner. 
Helmet to Helmet.

It was a good game but yall SF fans sure are humble
eyes.gif
no it wasn't. the helmet to helmet rule only applies to defenseless players, not open-field runners. 

you telling me if the player is not defenseless he can be hit smack in his face by another players helmet? I didn't realize this rule only applies to receivers across the middle and qb 

Helmet to Helmet.

It was a good game but yall SF fans sure are humble
eyes.gif
no it wasn't. the helmet to helmet rule only applies to defenseless players, not open-field runners. 

you telling me if the player is not defenseless he can be hit smack in his face by another players helmet? I didn't realize this rule only applies to receivers across the middle and qb 
how was Thomas defenseless? he had his pads lowered running into the endzone.. he wanted to take Whitner's head off just as much as Whitner wanted to take off his. maybe tennis is more up your alley? 

I'm so happy right now and proud of my team!!  We started off great and pretty much kept the momentum the entire game.  The things we have to work on are staying committed to the run more often and a better pass rush.  Stop all that 3 man pass rush garbage, send 4 and keep the pressure on.  I've been riding with Vernon Davis for the longest time on here.  When certain dudes were calling him a bust and when he got into with Singletary on the sidelines years ago, I told dudes he was still going to be good.  I'm happy for him as he definitely deserved it for the turn around he has done and all the hard work he has put in. 

That catch reminded me of T.O's catch and he was crying

When that happened that's exactly what I thought of.  Great memories from that game and great memories from this game. 

couldn't catch the game

had to take my mom to the hospital at 3, got home a half hour ago

any way i can see a repeat of it? i know we won but i heard it was an amazing game

how was Thomas defenseless? he had his pads lowered running into the endzone.. he wanted to take Whitner's head off just as much as Whitner wanted to take off his. maybe tennis is more up your alley? 
didn't say that. I said the rule shouldn't apply to a defenseless player. I felt that hit was intentional as well as the placement of it. That's the only TO I felt was not forced in the 9ers way. I mean I am sure he probably blacked out for a second which is why he dropped the ball. 

didn't say that. I said the rule shouldn't apply to a defenseless player. I felt that hit was intentional as well as the placement of it. That's the only TO I felt was not forced in the 9ers way. I mean I am sure he probably blacked out for a second which is why he dropped the ball. 
so if Whitner had gotten the worst of the hit instead should Thomas be flagged? 
that's football man, that's the way i see it. two guys going at it mano-a-mano. 

The last drive, especially when Vernon made that catch, I damn near came close to crying as well
laugh.gif
. It was just so surreal...I was there thinking Alex would throw it away and have Akers kick it to send it into overtime...

Still can't get over how crazy that game was...

GotHolesInMySocks - Sorry to hear that, hope you can find a way to rewatch it. Hope your fam is ok.

Hell of a game. Congrats to the 49ers and their fans, Vernon Davis with the winning touchdown and his emotions afterwards was pretty awesome to see.

I just watched some of the post game interviews.  What's up with that gas station shirt Alex Smith was wearing, you can't do better than that champ??  Oh well, whatever it takes as long as we get the win.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I just watched some of the post game interviews.  What's up with that gas station shirt Alex Smith was wearing, you can't do better than that champ??  Oh well, whatever it takes as long as we get the win.

When new coach Jim Harbaugh issued blue-collared mechanics shirts to the 49ers' players and coaches before the season, replete with name tags on the chest, his message was as clear as his motivational ploy was hokey: Get to work, and expect to get some dirt beneath your nails.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1193476/index.htm

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Originally Posted by Deuce King

When new coach Jim Harbaugh issued blue-collared mechanics shirts to the 49ers' players and coaches before the season, replete with name tags on the chest, his message was as clear as his motivational ploy was hokey: Get to work, and expect to get some dirt beneath your nails.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1193476/index.htm

Nice, I like the message behind the shirt. That's the new and winning attitude that we have now.  Thanks for the update. 

GREAT game man, both teams played their hearts out. Props to the saints for giving us one of the best games in a long time
pimp.gif

feels surreal man, but we aint done yet!

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

couldn't catch the game

had to take my mom to the hospital at 3, got home a half hour ago

any way i can see a repeat of it? i know we won but i heard it was an amazing game
no doubt it will be on NFL-N this week.

Near the end of the game, so many times I thought the game was over, the 49ers fought back and won
pimp.gif
, can't wait for next week

I was wrong on holing the saints under 30 points, but nonetheless, congrats to the 49ers for sweeping the best offense off the map.

Back
Top Bottom