***Official Political Discussion Thread***

**** Abbott. I just hope Biden can intervene in some capacity on this. 20 plus states all opting out. Each and every one of them has a governor with a R next to their name. Their needs to be some type of response

1621305019798.gif

My girls friend just got got by an enterprising young scammer.

On IG, an attractive man slid into her DM's, kicked game to her for about 2-3 weeks.
it's going great, he wants to meet, he just wants to get vaccinated first.

but first he just needs some help with something.

he says "i got some money I wanna convert to bitcoin",
im gunna e-transfer 3k to you. just head down to the bitcoin ATM.
and convert the 3k to bitcoin and send it to my wallet.

she says cool no prob, she receives the 3k, withdraws the cash from the bank
heads down to the bitcoin ATM and sends him the money.

couple days later, an additional 3k gets taken from her account,
the banks says the 3k you withdrew was transferred from fraudulent accounts,
so we are are taking 3k back from you.

:lol:

this is all to say, Bitcoin has unleashed a golden age for scammers,
look at the rise in ransomware attacks...

at what point does the US government make it illegal to convert bitcoin to cash. or make it illegal for banks to hold bitcoin?

and at that point doesn't that instantly decimate the value of bitcoin?
I think they are stalling because they want the big banks to come in with their own version of post to stake coins. If you look into CBDC type coins you see where cryptocurrency is ripe to be manipulated for the financial sector just like illegal regimes do now.
Weird times.
Would like to live in a world were the social issues on the ground are taken care of before extending society out to space.

Clearly everything from Space force, Mainstream UFO talk, Starlink, Blue Origin and Facebook satellites and Mars shows that the race for space supremacy/ jurisdiction is on.

I feel like the ufo stuff is a distraction from the overall mess we’re in. 9 times out of 10 those videos are of the US government testing their own drones on the armed forces to see if they can be picked up.

Seeing as elected Republicans don't actually try to make the lives of their constituents better, who's surprised by red states turning down benefits for the unemployed? This is par for the course. And millions of people who have struggled financially for years and years continue to support them. It'd be hilarious to see if it didn't negatively impact so many other people.

How do you even consider starving out poor people as a thing?

It's because American capitalism is run on the principle that in order for it to be successful there has to be a poor working class. They want to remove the $300 in these conservative states to force people to settle for low paying jobs.

If you only make $500 off unemployment and you can get a job making $700 a week ($36k a year BEFORE taxes) then you'll take it because you don't have a choice if you wanna make ends meet.

But if you make $800 a week then you'll keep hunting for that $900+ a week job (about $11k more a year) and these conservatives don't want that. Not everyone deserves living wages in their eyes. They want some portion of society to be underpaid and struggling because that's how the system was always run.

Seeing as elected Republicans don't actually try to make the lives of their constituents better, who's surprised by red states turning down benefits for the unemployed? This is par for the course. And millions of people who have struggled financially for years and years continue to support them. It'd be hilarious to see if it didn't negatively impact so many other people.

when "they're hurting the wrong people" backfires

when "they're hurting the wrong people" backfires

And when has it backfired at the state level? They’ve been slowly winning state level elections for the past 14 years and there is nothing that the left has been able to tame it. Those people don’t care that they are in a ****** situation, as long as someBS language about banning abortions or having color immigrants being stopped at the border, etc. people simplify it too much, some of their constituents don’t give a flying **** about being poor as long as you make them feel like they are winning.

And when has it backfired at the state level? They’ve been slowly winning state level elections for the past 14 years and there is nothing that the left has been able to tame it. Those people don’t care that they are in a ****ty situation, as long as someBS language about banning abortions or having color immigrants being stopped at the border, etc. people simplify it too much, some of their constituents don’t give a flying **** about being poor as long as you make them feel like they are winning.

touche. it backfired on the voters but they're too dumb ignorant or both to understand that they lose out. you want to "win" and "beat the libz"? congrats, bye bye unemployment pay.

We’ll see if it translates over at the polls next year. But I’ve been seeing a lot of your typical middle America Texas life long conservatives who’ve been livid at the GOP over all the covid stuff. Be it McConnells *******, hot wheels withdrawing from enhanced unemployment today along with him and cancun Cruz’s piss poor handling of the snowstorm in February. Granted their reasons for being pissed at the GOP are self serving and only because it’s directly impacting them. But if it can do damage at the polls next November in any type of capacity that would be solid. Even if they don’t vote blue in high numbers, I would be fine with them not voting at all out of disgust.

Either way, when the smoke clears. It being on record that it’s only Republican governors who opted out of federal funding to help their people. Federal money that they didn’t have to come out of pocket on. It’s going to look bad. I hope the Dems are relentless and hit hard with the attack ads in those states.

That said, if the federal government doesn’t intervene by June 26th, I’m going to apply for California unemployment. I never did a change of address so I still have my California address technically. I’ve been doing EBay and I have a friend who owns a small business willing to vouch for me that he offered me a position late last year but had to withdraw it due to Newsom bringing back the stay at home stuff late last year. I need to get my *** back to work in all honesty, but I’m not going to be strong armed into taking some pos job if I can find a loophole and ride this out until September while looking for decent jobs during that timeframe.

Makes you wonder if they're forcing people to work for min wage. Kinda reminds me of slav....nvm

I have a friend who's a conservative and I told him about the news that Montana and South Dakota were removing the federal $300 weekly bonus unemployment and how wrong it was and dude was quick to jump to their defense. I explained that this was clearly to force minimum wage workers back to underpaying jobs

He claimed that most single people can live off of minimum wage living modestly and I calculated the $8.65/hour for a full time worker over a month. Came to $1385 monthly, roughly $14,469/year after taxes. Median rent for a small studio is $600, $7200/ year without utilities.You get a lower priced car which costs at minimum $200/month, let's say $100 car insurance, $150/month gas cost to commute to work. That's $5400/year. That person now has $1800 per YEAR to juggle their other expenses.

And when has it backfired at the state level? They’ve been slowly winning state level elections for the past 14 years and there is nothing that the left has been able to tame it. Those people don’t care that they are in a ****ty situation, as long as someBS language about banning abortions or having color immigrants being stopped at the border, etc. people simplify it too much, some of their constituents don’t give a flying **** about being poor as long as you make them feel like they are winning.
Sane people can't do much against people who have committed themselves to dying if they don't get their way. The whole mentality of the GOP is latent kamikaze: their policies just say "give me what I want - pre-CRA social policies - or I'll die to kill you."

Nothing short of a massive deprogramming should happen, and sometimes, it feels like we missed that train by not desouthernizing our politics and our collective understanding of the civil war.

touche. it backfired on the voters but they're too dumb ignorant or both to understand that they lose out. you want to "win" and "beat the libz"? congrats, bye bye unemployment pay.
They’re just drunk off white supremacy. They think Black and Brown people are the primary beneficiaries of unemployment so they’re fine with getting rid of it.

They’re just drunk off white supremacy. They think Black and Brown people are the primary beneficiaries of unemployment so they’re fine with getting rid of it.

This is facts and hell I was under that impression as a kid. Then a class in senior year philosophy touched the topic and started spewing theactual statistics.I mean this is early 2000 figures but white people used welfare almost 2:1 compared to every other racial group wnd had the highest overall raw number period. Shows you how the white trash in the south really abuse this ****.

Back
Top Bottom