***Official Political Discussion Thread***

They’re out here playing nice which is what makes me the angriest.

Take the gloves off and get **** done because if you don’t the republicans have no problem doing it. The good guy act is disgusting at this point. We don’t care how you make progress just do it.

They’re out here playing nice which is what makes me the angriest.

Take the gloves off and get **** done because if you don’t the republicans have no problem doing it. The good guy act is disgusting at this point. We don’t care how you make progress just do it.
Same fam… Same. I don’t know what it is but the dem politicians still haven’t figured out what all of have been watching. There’s no law, rule, tradition, or any amount of shame or hypocrisy that will stop the GOP from getting what they want.

I have no idea what you guys mean when you say play nice and play dirty

Break out the executive orders and pass anything you can to make the country a better place.

When people in your party stand in your way expose the paper trail of why they won’t pass bbb because it will hurt their pockets and expose their corruption.

Show you’re fighting and put anyone that stands in the way on blast. I don’t want civility, far from it. I feel like we’re all just along for the ride while nothing is done while this place goes to hell.

They kicked Liz Cheney out of the Republican Party for criticizing trump, why isn’t manchin kicked out for being a republican?

I just don’t see their game plan and how they expect to win against republicans who will do anything to get their way.

I have no idea what you guys mean when you say play nice and play dirty
Playing nice is the dems “we have to pass things in a bipartisan way with our colleagues across the aisle” and “we can’t divide the country further.”

Playing dirty is sandbagging any dem court or cabinet nominations and basically anything Mitch or McCarthy have done.

Liz Cheney still an R. And will continue to vote and support the party. They threw her off some committee which obviously didnt phase her

You think that's gonna sway a Manchin or Sinema? Or help get anything passed? Nevermind the fact both have one foot out the door. They can't be bullied..well not by anyone else besides their financial backers

I thought the reach across the aisle talk was stupid but I understand when Biden would say it early on, whatever. play up the political talk. He's hasn't been on that though trying to pass his key bills. He's stuck with knuckleheads sabotaging him from his own party

I think in general Dems had chances to be much more aggressive over the years spanning multiple administrations and legislative majorites but I think there's some hard truths alot of us gotta understand when it comes to the process and how archaic and disadvantageous it is to get change passed.

I'm still down for Biden to throw a executive order on Student Loans even if it could backfire and has some legality layers that could reject it entirely

Exactly. Just jam through anything you can in any way possible.

Nobody cares about the damn process, just the results.
I think this is what I mean with hard truths

You can't just not care about the process as ****ty as it is. You can't executive order voting rights and other legislation like what's in the BBB plan

I get the frustration though. Bernie and others wanted to get plenty things jammed through and look what happened. A bunch of trolls in the party could simply sink it. It shouldn't be that way but they dont have the tools to ignore those idiots and get it done

I just know we're ****ed moving forward and I'm trying to plan accordingly at this point

Last edited:
Liz Cheney still an R. And will continue to vote and support the party. They threw her off some committee which obviously didnt phase her

You think that's gonna sway a Manchin or Sinema? Or help get anything passed? Nevermind the fact both have one foot out the door. They can't be bullied..well not by anyone else besides their financial backers

I thought the reach across the aisle talk was stupid but I understand when Biden would say it early on, whatever play upthe political talk.

I think in general Dems had chances to be much more aggressive over the years spanning multiple administrations and legislative majorites but I think there's some hard truths alot of us gotta understand when it comes to the process and how archaic and disadvantageous it is to get change passed.

I'm still down for Biden to throw a executive order on Student Loans even if it could backfire and has some legality layers that could reject it entirely

I think this is what I mean with hard truths

You can't just not care about the process as ****ty as it is. You can't executive order voting rights and other legislation like what's in the BBB plan

I get the frustration though. Bernie and others wanted to get plenty things jammed through and look what happened. A bunch of trolls in the party could simply sunk it. It shouldn't be that way but they dont have the tools to ignore those idiots and get it done

I just know we're ****ed moving forward and I'm trying to plan accordingly at this point

yeah we're ****ed, at least people can see it and are starting to take matters into their own hands as far as jobs go at least.

I guess that's how it usually goes though when **** gets as out of whack as it is currently. I'm happy labor is standing up and we did that on our own.

I detest the man in every way possible. But the Dems need a left leaning version of Mitch McConnell. You gotta fight fire with fire.
I'm always down for some new leadership. But I don't think it would do anything cause Senate R's have moved more in unison and I don't think it's Mitch's gift of gab.

Tbh Libs need more Jeff Flakes or Susan Collins than a Mitch. Wannabe Manchin and Sinema's who eventually fall in line after being "concerned"

But alot of old heads need to go in general. Need more younger and progressive folks replacing these dinosaurs

Back
Top Bottom