***Official Political Discussion Thread***

We'll see
unimpressed (3).png

👀 RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

more and more people coming around to my “Tim Scott could be president” take

I like Jamelle Bouie but unless he is talking about the general, this is a bad take.

Tim Scott is just Marco Rubio 2.0. Hillary Clinton's people thought it might be one of the tougher match-ups

He would pose a uniquely difficult challenge in the general for the Democratic Party because he would be able to peel off conservative male black voters at a much higher rate than the Democratic Party would flip/win white male voters.

But just like Marco Rubio, the GOP's base is so committed to white grievance politics that DeSantis would destroy him in a primary. For Scott to win he would have to turn into a black reactionary and that then makes him less appealing to voters in the middle in the general. The GOP's winner takes all system favors the further right candidate now in a crowded field.

So the only way I see him being the nominee is if the entire party rallies around him from the jump. If not, as Trump showed, there are enough true to the game racist to carry the white grievance candidate to the nomination

Tim Scott would be a strong candidate in a pre-Trump world, probably the favorite to win the nomination. But in a post-Trump world (even if Trump doesn't run in 2024) I feel the playing field has fundamentally changed.

So again, Tim Scott is Ben Simmons, and Trumpers are the three-point line, or free throw line, or any spot on the court outside the paint.

Until mans finds a way to deal with it, it is gonna keep him from greatness

Last edited:
Those kids should have left.

Nah. It's a much more effective demonstration if they stay. If they left, you give him the power. He was completely emasculated in the moment, and he couldn't handle it. He's a man baby, just like his Daddy Trump. It also proves that Ronny is a weak leader. He can't even control kids he's so weak.

The MAGAs hate weakness! At least, that's what people are saying!

Tim Scott I feel is a strong favorite for the VP nomination

I def agree it's a narrow path, and a low chance, but I think Timmy is playing his cards right
it's low probability, I think he's set himself up as the obvious VP candidate,

with a small but still possible chance at being the nominee.

Desantis is a cornball, and Trump doesn't like him it seems.

what if Trump doesn't run but he kneecaps Desantis in the primary?
and Trump endorses Scott because his advisors think he's a sure winner in the general?

I think that's a possibility. and if he makes it to the general,
imo he'd be the toughest guy to beat.

Bro. That Younger thread wild af.

So when these Qonservatives run out of “sensible” things to say, they revert to QOP talking points. They really need to come up with new material other than commies, antifa, leftist, etc.

Dude unknowingly admitted he’s a fascist

I def agree it's a narrow path, and a low chance, but I think Timmy is playing his cards right
it's low probability, I think he's set himself up as the obvious VP candidate,

with a small but still possible chance at being the nominee.

Desantis is a cornball, and Trump doesn't like him it seems.

what if Trump doesn't run but he kneecaps Desantis in the primary?
and Trump endorses Scott because his advisors think he's a sure winner in the general?

I think that's a possibility. and if he makes it to the general,
imo he'd be the toughest guy to beat.
What is corny to a liberal, might be cool to a conservative.

Trump's DeSantis shade has everything to do with him wanting to run for President again. He only started to sneak dissing DeSantis after pooling showed DeSantis was polling very well among potential 2024 candidates.

Even if Trump doesn't win, I think there are still a bunch of things that need to go right for Scott.

Trump isn't just gonna endorse just because he wants the GOP to have the best chance to win, it will be ***-kissing contest among the candidates and would have to promise Trump something.

Second, I believe that Trump endorsement by itself isn't enough to lock in all his voters. Tim Scott by himself needs to be able to give Trumpers that reactionary high.

In the Alabama Senate race that Dough Jones won, Trump endorsed a dude that would have me a lock to win the general if he had won the primary. But Trump-loving Alabama voters didn't choose the guy Trump wanted, they chose the lunatic.

If Tim Scott outchea tryna act like a Trump approved centrist, I still thinks DeSantis cooks him

But I think all this doesn't matter anyway. Trump is clearly running again. He has nothing left to do with his life. His ego is hurt, and the GOP is setting up an apparatus to steal the election for him

These dudes might as well start getting their Ninja on and start kissing Trump's ***.

Last edited:

Trump's DeSantis shade has everything to do with him wanting to run for President again. He only started to sneak dissing DeSantis after pooling showed DeSantis was polling very well among potential 2024 candidates.

Even if Trump doesn't win, I think there are still a bunch of things that need to go right for Scott.

Trump isn't just gonna endorse just because he wants the GOP to have the best chance to win, it will be ***-kissing contest among the candidates and would have to promise Trump something.

Second, I believe that Trump endorsement by itself isn't enough to lock in all his voters. Tim Scott by himself needs to be able to give Trumpers that reactionary high.

In the Alabama Senate race that Dough Jones won, Trump endorsed a dude that would have me a lock to win the general if he had won the primary. But Trump-loving Alabama voters didn't choose the guy Trump wanted, they chose the lunatic.

If Tim Scott outchea tryna act like a Trump approved centrist, I still thinks DeSantis cooks him

But I think all this doesn't matter anyway. Trump is clearly running again. He has nothing left to do with his life. His ego is hurt, and the GOP is setting up an apparatus to steal the election for him

These dudes might start getting their Ninja on and start kissing Trump's ***.

2024 it's OUR TURN.

These dudes might as well start getting their Ninja on and start kissing Trump's ***.

plus trump got the legal and financial considerations in all of that beyond just his ego

dude is the dumb littefinger, more than willing to burn it all down as long as he can be king of the ashes and not have to face any consequences for not a single one of his actions

while people keep jumping to support him in spite of the mountains of evidence of people getting burned doing just that

good thing dwalk31 dwalk31 only bought a hat

Back
Top Bottom