***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I've legit never heard of police not being paid a living wage. It's one of the reasons people join.
I hate the narrative that they don't make a living wage. Most police departments in the southern ca area starting pay is like 67k-72k. Depending on their education level, the starting pay is about an additional 3-5k more. With OT, they make 100k+. I have a cousin who is a lapd officer and he makes 150k+. If you look on transparent CA website, some police officers make 300k
Not talking about a chief or captain, but actual patrol officer :lol:

I hate the narrative that they don't make a living wage. Most police departments in the southern ca area starting pay is like 67k-72k. Depending on their education level, the starting pay is about an additional 3-5k more. With OT, they make 100k+. I have a cousin who is a lapd officer and he makes 150k+. If you look on transparent CA website, some police officers make 300k
Not talking about a chief or captain, but actual patrol officer :lol:
Yeah and I'm looking at Atlanta and starting is around 48-72k base which isn't bad.

HAVEN'T BEEN MORE PROUD OF DA SUPREMES THAN I AM TODAY. YAPPA SEASON IS BYKE LFG.
vince-mc-mahon-durag (3).gif

Man you had cats who sold drugs turning into cops because the pay was that good.
And they have qualified immunity. Seems like a great job to have to me.
The salaries they need to be focusing on is teachers salaries. It wasn't until my wife became a teacher is when I realized teachers salaries really ain't ****. The process is atrocious and the reason they should all start at 100k+ with what is required to become a teacher.
My wife already has her masters degree. She then had to take additional courses for a teaching credential. She then had to work as a teacher intern for 1 year then it took 2 years to clear her credential in which she had to pay $400 per month for 2 years because of the induction/training program. Until you're tenured, you have to hope that you don't get "fired" after each school year or transfered to another school. She has to buy so many school supplies and works like 60 hours per week between teaching in class and doing preparation at home.
Now that's a terrible job to have when you factor in the salary and work expectation. You also have to be a teacher for like 25 years, to make a salary of 118- 120k depending on the district. :stoneface:

And they have qualified immunity. Seems like a great job to have to me.
The salaries they need to be focusing on is teachers salaries. It wasn't until my wife became a teacher is when I realized teachers salaries really ain't ****. The process is atrocious and the reason they should all start at 100k+ with what is required to become a teacher.
My wife already has her masters degree. She then had to take additional courses for a teaching credential. She then had to work as a teacher intern for 1 year then it took 2 years to clear her credential in which she had to pay $400 per month for 2 years because of the induction/training program. Until you're tenured, you have to hope that you don't get "fired" after each school year or transfered to another school. She has to buy so many school supplies and works like 60 hours per week between teaching in class and doing preparation at home.
Now that's a terrible job to have when you factor in the salary and work expectation. You also have to be a teacher for like 25 years, to make a salary of 118- 120k depending on the district. :stoneface:

Nothing but the truth. My wife is in the same boat. Makes me sick.

What happens in Ukraine is directly impacting us. The price of gas, the cost of energy, inflation and other problems that are directly related to Russia's invasion. Russia is also blockading Ukrainian grain which will cause the price of food to increase. The sooner things are settled there the quicker we get out of some of the issues we are facing. Us supporting them is directly in our interest.

What happens in Ukraine is directly impacting us. The price of gas, the cost of energy, inflation and other problems that are directly related to Russia's invasion. Russia is also blockading Ukrainian grain which will cause the price of food to increase. The sooner things are settled there the quicker we get out of some of the issues we are facing. Us supporting them is directly in our interest.

you know what you said was wrong if aepps20 aepps20 has to break kayfabe to correct you

Oh I forgot about the state test that they have to take which is like another $300. At least it cost that in CA

Not to mention in Colorado we are one of the wealthiest states but due to our wonky tax rules we can't raise taxes to fund education without a vote from the population which are always rejected. Colorado teachers are some of the lowest paid in the country. You can make more in states like Wyoming and Oklahoma which is disgusting to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom