***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It's marred Biden's candidacy further, they have no choice but to replace him now. If they rallied behind him after the debate and did their best to control the narrative I thought they could've salvaged it. Polls aren't votes and the debate was bad but we're 4 months out and wet dog **** beats Trump if enough people vote. But instead they immediately resorted to infighting, backstabbing and gossiping. Politics is about optics and enough Dems bought in to the post debate fearmongering to sink any chances. It's been 2 weeks of this now. If your own party won't loudly support you after a successful 4 year presidency, why would anyone else? Switch to Kamala at the convention and let's pray America is ready to elect a black woman as president.

Not to knock you.. but this makes the HUGE assumption these dudes will actually get behind Kamala

And it gives the layup BS battery in the medias backs to go to those candidates that challenged biden in the primaries and still looking for attention.. hell don’t be surprised if they go to Brianhna joy gray to bring the BS backroom stuff back up

And the heritage foundation has already said they have legal challenges ready if they attempt to move off of biden

I say all that to say, the BS ain’t no where near from done if biden drops out

You have entities desperate for ratings and they ain’t stopping because 1 guy got sacrificed

1720713740867.png

It's marred Biden's candidacy further, they have no choice but to replace him now. If they rallied behind him after the debate and did their best to control the narrative I thought they could've salvaged it. Polls aren't votes and the debate was bad but we're 4 months out and wet dog **** beats Trump if enough people vote. But instead they immediately resorted to infighting, backstabbing and gossiping. Politics is about optics and enough Dems bought in to the post debate fearmongering to sink any chances. It's been 2 weeks of this now. If your own party won't loudly support you after a successful 4 year presidency, why would anyone else? Switch to Kamala at the convention and let's pray America is ready to elect a black woman as president.

It’s marred the party, basically we’re ******

Not to knock you.. but this makes the HUGE assumption these dudes will actually get behind Kamala

And it gives the layup BS battery in the medias backs to go to those candidates that challenged biden in the primaries and still looking for attention.. hell don’t be surprised if they go to Brianhna joy gray to bring the BS backroom stuff back up

And the heritage foundation has already said they have legal challenges ready if they attempt to move off of biden

I say all that to say, the BS ain’t no where near from done if biden drops out

You have entities desperate for ratings and they ain’t stopping because 1 guy got sacrificed
I agree with you, there's nothing simple about the path forward no matter what the party decides. I just feel like the prolonged indecision has already made the choice for us. I could be wrong but I'm not a party leader so it doesn't matter

its-above.gif

So how would you expect this chair to accomplish this? You literally put out a nothing burger with a vague idea.

That's literally his job to be able to use monetary policy to influence behavior. I expect a qualified Fed Chair to know what monetary policies would best support expanding Housing supply.

They can lower interest rates, purchase Treasuries, there are all types of things they can do.

That's literally his job to be able to use monetary policy to influence behavior. I expect a qualified Fed Chair to know what monetary policies would best support expanding Housing supply.

They can lower interest rates, purchase Treasuries, there are all types of things they can do.

Just to be clear, you realize that the Fed has a dual mandate and neither of those is to enact housing policy?

1. Maximum employment
2. Stable prices

Housing *could* fall within stable prices but the tools that would make housing cheaper, like lower rates, would also like cause increased inflation which goes against stable prices throughout the rest of the economy. It’s not quite that simple, but that’s the major headwind here. I think we’d rather have inflation under control and housing policy enacted elsewhere (such as preventing PE from buying up single family housing; overturning zoning restrictions; etc) than have the Fed attempt to handle housing issues strictly via monetary policy.

Just to be clear, you realize that the Fed has a dual mandate and neither of those is to enact housing policy?

1. Maximum employment
2. Stable prices

Housing *could* fall within stable prices but the tools that would make housing cheaper, like lower rates, would also like cause increased inflation which goes against stable prices throughout the rest of the economy. It’s not quite that simple, but that’s the major headwind here. I think we’d rather have inflation under control and housing policy enacted elsewhere (such as preventing PE from buying up single family housing; overturning zoning restrictions; etc) than have the Fed attempt to handle housing issues strictly via monetary policy.

I know the Feds mandate.

Housing falls within "stable prices" and the Feds mandate. I recommend an all of the above approach, using legislative and monetary policies to fix housing.

I agree with you, there's nothing simple about the path forward no matter what the party decides. I just feel like the prolonged indecision has already made the choice for us. I could be wrong but I'm not a party leader so it doesn't matter

its-above.gif

In no form is any of this easy.. if they push biden out, he got the primary votes and at least in name has led to the good things happening especially given how low/bad things were expected to be

And even with doing all of this publicly, biden’s number aren’t horrific

But the most important thing is, you have just over 100 days

It’s better to settle disputes while in power than beating yourselves up and then having to go fight the other guy after

Still going need biden even if he isn’t the candidate, so would seem best for all involved to keep your skeletons in the closet

Back
Top Bottom