***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Yes, it’s an old practice. As is clowning them when they get caught.

1727878875498.jpeg

No one was "caught". :lol:

The only clowns in this instance

Are the hyper partisan freaks indulging in a pathetic conspiracy theory that the the NY Times is out to get them...based off of URLs and prewrites.

No one was "caught". :lol:

The only clowns in this instance

Are the hyper partisan freaks indulging in a pathetic conspiracy theory that the the NY Times is out to get them...based off of URLs and prewrites.

Forgive me here, I'm asking a sincere question. I don't know anything about newspapers and how they function. Why would the NYT have a pre-written headline about Vance dominating the debate a week ago?

Would they also have a headline pre-written about Walz dominating and they had to choose which one to go with depending on the results the debate? Do they have lots of pre-written headlines that they can go with quickly? that they can go with quickly?

Forgive me here, I'm asking a sincere question. I don't know anything about newspapers and how they function. Why would the NYT have a pre-written headline about Vance dominating the debate a week ago?

Would they also have a headline pre-written about Walz dominating and they had to choose which one to go with depending on the results the debate? Do they have lots of pre-written headlines that they can go with quickly? that they can go with quickly?

Yes, for events with predictable out comes, that are time sensitive. Like x wins, y wins. X wins by land slide, y wins by close. Ect

They will pre write headlines, article leads and sometimes entire articles so they can get an article up as fast as possible and capitalize on the post event traffic. .

It's totally normal, but I guess people would rather run with the loser "NY Times is out to get us* narrative. :lol:

They're driving wages down while driving the cost of housing up at the same time, these same dirt poor immigrants are somehow well off enough to outbid your everyday Americans for homes :lol:

They're also stealing all your jobs while at the same time being lazy and having the time to drive crime up!

Schrodingers immigrant :lol:>D

In the bay area it's pretty simple. Hedge funds/private equity are driving up prices and foreign (Chinese) investment.
There are blocks in sunnyvale and cupertino that have a bunch of $2-$3M houses that sit empty because they are owned by chinese investors . They just hire a property manager to keep it maintained or airbnb/rent it out.

No one is going to restrict this real estate activity because then it would be "communism". Also realtors and home owners would not approve of any regulations on hedge funds/private equity and foreign investors because it would lower prices and commissions.

Last edited:
Seeing longtime friends post IG stories wondering why they are called a bigot and racist when their flying an American and Trump flag on the back of their Nissan Frontier truck is just confusing.

Whenever one of those idiots is on television and deliberately mispronounces the VP’s name, I’d correct them once. If they can’t say it incorrectly again, I’d end the interview. It’s like saying it incorrectly is a power trip for them. It’s grade school bullying tactics and a sign not to take that person seriously.

Seeing longtime friends post IG stories wondering why they are called a bigot and racist when they’re flying an American and Trump flag on the back of their Nissan Frontier truck is just confusing.
A couple American flags are starting to pop up in my neighborhood here in KC. Have seen a couple T/V signs but mostly it’s H/W. One house in another neighborhood nearby has a trump flag next to an Israel flag. Whenever I pass, I wonder if they got the Israel flag before or after trump said there were good people on both sides in Charlottesville.

Yes, for events with predictable out comes, that are time sensitive. Like x wins, y wins. X wins by land slide, y wins by close. Ect

They will pre write headlines, article leads and sometimes entire articles so they can get an article up as fast as possible and capitalize on the post event traffic. .

One, let’s call it less controversial, use of this practice is pre-writing obits. Most news desks have death articles written for hundreds or more public figures. They usually get updated every year or so and quickly polished and published when the person actually dies.

You can see how that is a sensible practice, if not a bit ghoulish. Where to draw the line is a judgement call, but I’d say maintaining the illusion that you’re actually reacting and reporting on events as opposed to predicting them is a good spot.

One, let’s call it less controversial, use of this practice is pre-writing obits. Most news desks have death articles written for hundreds or more public figures. They usually get updated every year or so and quickly polished and published when the person actually dies.

You can see how that is a sensible practice, if not a bit ghoulish. Where to draw the line is a judgement call, but I’d say maintaining the illusion that you’re actually reacting and reporting on events as opposed to predicting them is a good spot.

The only people who think this is "controversial" are hyper partisans who are dictrd to political news anyways.

There is zero reason to pander to them because they addicted to feeling persecuted.

Back
Top Bottom