***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Lots of blame thrown around, but Dem est. and Clinton loyalists need to look at themselves and have some accountability. They were warned, repeatedly.

we still doing this tonight? :lol:

Then I guess your post was pointless.

corporations wanna make money, u make it easier for em to it and they'll reinvest.

FATCA was the best thing that happened for the US in that regard.. as soon as that is gone, the companies will go right back overseas

As a foreigner in that business, I look forward to that

However, the global economic fallout I do not look forward to

Last edited:
corporations wanna make money, u make it easier for em to it and they'll reinvest.
The first part is correct which is why they're not going to manufacture in the U.S. They're not going to spend money to produce a more expensive product. They're going to pocket that extra cash and continue cutting costs. 

As someone who's watching from outside, can you guys shine some light on this.

Nearly every country outside of America thinks Trump is a complete joke and incompetent, yet somehow in the States it's the polar opposite (for half the population at least). Does this really boil down to contrast in upbringing, geographic and environmental factors and a unique political landscape? It's just always fascinating how politics in America is viewed so differently than most of the Western countries. I don't believe for a second that everyone who voted for Trump are racists, misogynistic and xenophobic, but what is the fundamental difference in how they view America and how the rest of the world views it?

Both candidates were equally disliked.

But the difference was Trump had a passionate fanbase as well. But Hilary did not.

Combine that with third party voters leeching vote from Hilary = that's a wrap

Also Brexit syndrome had to have played a part.

Before Brexit happened, Britain ppl did not really believe that the threat of leaving the EU was real. I've had my cousins tell me that ppl were voting leave as a joke vote cuz they didn't think it was going to count. I have to think that Trump made himself look so incompetent that no one took him as a threat seriously.

Last edited:
Lots of blame thrown around, but Dem est. and Clinton loyalists need to look at themselves and have some accountability. They were warned, repeatedly.

Their hubris got the best of them,they strictly couldn't see themselves losing to dude and made the election more about voting to defeat him rather than voting for a candidate you truly believe in

There's so many factors to this but an important one has to be voter enthusiasm. You're not gonna get some folks to stand in line for a person they don't like just because the other person sucks more

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom