***Official Political Discussion Thread***

9EE974A4-7929-4435-9591-09AAE955A34B.gif

A federal judge ruled on Nov. 1 that he would not stop Mississippi voters from electing a governor on Tuesday under an old, Jim Crow-era election law that a civil rights lawsuit argues perpetuates “white supremacy” and violates the principle of “one-person, one-vote.”

U.S. District Judge Daniel Jordan wrote that he had “grave concern” about the unconstitutionality of part of the law. But with the election nearing on Nov. 5, he ruled that time was too short to issue an injunction altering the state’s voting scheme for statewide officers.

Under the state’s current law, a successful candidate for governor of Mississippi must win an outright majority of the popular vote – and a majority of the state’s 122 House districts.

If no candidate does both, the state House gets to select the next governor, regardless of who got the most votes. No African American has been elected statewide since 1890.

The Dems are going to lose again in 2020

We keep running these washed candidates( Biden, Warren, Sanders) . No exciting candidates like Obama or Bill.

The Presidental election is just one big popularity/likability contest and I’m sorry Warren and Biden aren’t

Telfon Don is crazy and a million things wrong with him but on the surface to millions of ignorant voters who don’t pay attention he’s a better choice than Liberal grandma Warren of senile Biden.

Forget all the policy stuff who is really the most likable? And I really feel like Trump is most likable candidate this election.

We keep running these washed candidates( Biden, Warren, Sanders) . No exciting candidates like Obama or Bill.

The Presidental election is just one big popularity/likability contest and I’m sorry Warren and Biden aren’t

Telfon Don is crazy and a million things wrong with him but on the surface to millions of ignorant voters who don’t pay attention he’s a better choice than Liberal grandma Warren of senile Biden.

Forget all the policy stuff who is really the most likable? And I really feel like Trump is most likable candidate this election.
-Trump likeability ratings are in the tank. The problem was Clinton's were too. Any Dem that runs against Trump in 2020 will have higher likeability ratings than Trump

-From polling we know that swing voters didn't go to Trump because of likeability, it was motivated by racism.

-The Dems can't rely on a liberal messiah to come around every time. Gore and Clinton both did enough to win fair elections and they got robbed.

I understand the frustration but I hate when analysis always circles back to the Dems having to be so perfect to overcome the rigged system instead of taking issue with said rigged system.

Last edited:
Trump is a unique political force but let us remember that a TON of stars needed to align to for him to become president. Sanders, Biden, Warren, Pete will all probably beat Trump by at least 2 points too. Most people want a Democratic president, but with our rig system what matters is a) we can get people to the polls b) Problematic white people do the right thing

Last edited:
-Trump likeability ratings are in the tank. The problem was Clinton's were too. Any Dem that runs against Trump in 2020 will have higher likeability ratings than Trump

-From polling we know that swing voters didn't go to Trump because of likeability, it was motivated by racism.

-The Dems can't rely on a liberal messiah to come around every time. Gore and Clinton both deal enough to win fair elections and they got robbed.

I understand the frustration but I hate when analysis always circles back to the Dems having to be so perfect to overcome the rigged system instead of taking issue with said rigged system.

That’s the crazy thing to me - “I agree with most things this candidate says but there is one little thing I think I disagree on so I’m just going to sit this one out” and then a monster gets elected over and over again.

Excellent analysis. Dapper Don has this in the bag already. He's going to coast to reelection with no effort, so I expect him to go on vacation until January 2021 since HIS JOB HERE IS DONE.

I can't wait to see him turn this disaster of a country around in 2021 and SAVE US FROM THE SWAMP and LOCK UP THERE DC ELITES.

Besides, all the Democrats candidates are deeply flawed. Beto is too tall, Pete is too short, Lizzie doesn't understand men, Bernie doesn't understand women, and Biden is too into hugging. The Goldilocks bear that is just right in every way is the chosen one, Donald Trump himself, the only one who is an outsider but also the only one with experience as president.

Libs are toast.

Libs already know they're done. Try again in 20NEVER because the Dynasty is here. Ivanka, Don Jr, and ZADDY Baron are all up next.

Back
Top Bottom