***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Unfortunately wanting to be president by definition means you are an ego maniac,

so this won't but;

everyone but Biden and Bernie should drop out.

E Warrens pride is ******* with her and I get it, she's a competitor

but if she care about progressive movement she gotta drop out.

E Warrens pride is ****ing with her and I get it, she's a competitor

but if she care about progressive movement she gotta drop out.

There is going to be a brokered convention. Even if she dropped out, she’s been gutted to the point it won’t put Bernie over. You need to update your narrative to match what is actually happening.

However, a brokered convention with Biden in the lead would put her into position to get some progressive concessions from him for support. Plus you never know her consistently polling as number #2 to everyone might make her the brokered nominee. She needs to win at least her home state though. I only see her dropping out if she loses MA.

CNN's Exit Polls...fwiw

71% of voters were 45 or older, and the vote was held on Saturday.
Don't discount the power of 50 years of anti-leftist propaganda on the electorate.
Don't discount the level of apathy among the voting youth.
I hope that the most ardent Bernie supporters realize that. I'm not sure the size of the "anybody-but-Trump" crowd stays the same when we start replacing "anybody" with actual names.

Also, we need single issue parties.

There is going to be a brokered convention. Even if she dropped out, she’s been gutted to the point it won’t put Bernie over. You need to update your narrative to match what is actually happening.

However, a brokered convention with Biden in the lead would put her into position to get some progressive concessions from him for support. Plus you never know her consistently polling as number #2 to everyone might make her the brokered nominee. She needs to win at least her home state though. I only see her dropping out if she loses MA.
I have no idea what concession you are expecting to get, and what it would even be worth by the time joe biden is president. Like im gunna do this thing cause of something i agreed to at a convention months ago. nah

also 0% chance shes coming out of a brokered convention, these brokered convention fatasies are crazy. It's gunna be Biden or Bernie.

a lot of Biden voters second choice is Bernie and vice versa so why would people settle on Warren?

I have no idea what concession you are expecting to get, and what it would even be worth by the time joe biden is president. Like im gunna do this thing cause of something i agreed to at a convention months ago. nah

also 0% chance shes coming out of a brokered convention, these brokered convention fatasies are crazy. It's gunna be Biden or Bernie.

a lot of Biden voters second choice is Bernie and vice versa so why would people settle on Warren?

The way those concessions work is he would make public promises of policy she wants. The problem with him breaking those promises is he needs those people to support him later. See Trumps problem now where he is scrambling for wins because he never kept his word based on campaign promises. Though you are right about her being the nominee being slim. It makes more sense is she think she can gets Biden’s VP spot.

Like I think at a certain point people want to say she is friends with Bernie and blah, blah his natural vp. However, idk too much has been said and honestly to keep it 100 any time she has tried to in anyway associate with Bernie she’s been burned. Hindsight is 2020 but she would have likely done a lot better being a more moderate and leaving Bernie on islands by himself policy wise because only Bernie isn’t massacred for promotion of the more progressive ideas in 2020.

Does that change if she supports him?

Wouldn’t she have more power as a progressive dealing with moderates at the convention than a progressive who is looked at as a nuisance by the other progressives?

I really don't understand why black people love establishment Dems so much. Is it just name recognition?

No Biden actually fought for black votes. He hired a very well put together contingent of black campaign staffers including Symone sanders who worked for Bernie in 2016. Plus SC was always Biden’s firewall. He just thought he would have been doing better up to now and this would have given him front runner momentum.

Basically it’s not so much name recognition as Biden actually put in the work to get those voters for a long time. He’s been bad overall campaign wise (for example having only one office in all of California.....) but this part of his campaign was ran well.

I really don't understand why black people love establishment Dems so much. Is it just name recognition?
Sure, yes that is part of it.

But people have to remember that state parties count as part of the "establishment". And Dem state parties in places like SC are mostly black. So you have black Dems that have worked with Biden for years cosigning him. He has been a big campaigner for the Dem over the past 15 years so they have personally been exposed to him more.

Plus Biden has put a lot of effort into getting those voters.

There are many other things to consider. It simply isn't just name recognition though.

Last edited:
No Biden actually fought for black votes. He hired a very well put together contingent of black campaign staffers including Symone sanders who worked for Bernie in 2016. Plus SC was always Biden’s firewall. He just thought he would have been doing better up to now and this would have given him front runner momentum.

Basically it’s not so much name recognition as Biden actually put in the work to get those voters for a long time. He’s been bad overall campaign wise (for example having only one office in all of California.....) but this part of his campaign was ran well.

Speaking of Cali, I find it so weird the media has spent so much more time discussing SC than the two largest states in the country :lol: Especially considering both states have early voting. SC probably isn't going to impact anything going on in those states.

Only Bernie WE acknowledge........is Mac!!

I was told specifically by several individuals on here that Bernie Sanders would EASILY secure 33% of black (rather People Of Color as rolaholic rolaholic would say) voters in South Carolina if not more. Accordingly to the final tally and percentages Bernie Sanders did not hit that mark, nor come close really.

I’m not going to call these individuals that gave me this false information con artists, frauds, or liars...........although I could and would be quite justified for doing so (you dudes know who you are) -Red- -Red- . Luckily for those dudes today is Sunday and I’m in a forgiving spirit. We all have sinned.......some more so than others though (shout out all the Bernie Sanders supporters).

What I want to know.....what went wrong with Bernie Sanders in South Carolina, why wasn’t Bernie Sanders able to get at least 33% of the black (rather People Of Color as rolaholic rolaholic would say) support or more as falsely projected, why did Bernie Sanders get overwhelming rejected by black people (rather People Of Color as rolaholic rolaholic would say) in the manner that he did??

These are just some of the questions that I have.........these are just some of the questions that I have that I know RustyShackleford RustyShackleford is going to provide answers for myself and the rest of congregation on here on this blessed Sunday. RustyShackleford RustyShackleford I’m waiting to hear the good Word of the day.......First Baptist of Niketalk welcomes champ.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Prime got some black support, but not a lot of it comes from older southern black voters. Seems like he didn't improve in this area and he paid the price for it yesterday. Still expect him to get a plurality of delegates.

But talk yo **** famb, you earned it :lol: :lol:

Only Bernie WE acknowledge........is Mac!!

I was told specifically by several individuals on here that Bernie Sanders would EASILY secure 33% of black (rather People Of Color as rolaholic rolaholic would say) voters in South Carolina if not more. Accordingly to the final tally and percentages Bernie Sanders did not hit that mark, nor come close really.

I’m not going to call these individuals that gave me this false information con artists, frauds, or liars...........although I could and would be quite justified for doing so (you dudes know who you are) -Red- -Red- . Luckily for those dudes today is Sunday and I’m in a forgiving spirit. We all have sinned.......some more so than others though (shout out all the Bernie Sanders supporters).

What I want to know.....what went wrong with Bernie Sanders in South Carolina, why wasn’t Bernie Sanders able to get at least 33% of the black (rather People Of Color as rolaholic rolaholic would say) support or more as falsely projected, why did Bernie Sanders get overwhelming rejected by black people (rather People Of Color as rolaholic rolaholic would say) in the manner that he did??

These are just some of the questions that I have.........these are just some of the questions that I have that I know RustyShackleford RustyShackleford is going to provide answers for myself and the rest of congregation on here on this blessed Sunday. RustyShackleford RustyShackleford I’m waiting to hear the good Word of the day.......First Baptist of Niketalk welcomes champ.
You do understand this is one state, correct?

I know you need anything you can cling to at this point given how things are going for your guys Biden and Bloomberg, but it's kind of sad. I mean, imagine finding a primary victory for none other than Joe Biden in one single state where he was already projected to win so tantalizing. Truthfully, it's not a state of mind I'd like to even contemplate. I know the Trump years have been demoralizing, but man...

It's gonna be okay, though. Keep your head up, deuce king deuce king .

You do understand this is one state, correct?

I know you need anything you can cling to at this point given how things are going for your guys Biden and Bloomberg, but it's kind of sad. I mean, imagine finding a primary victory for none other than Joe Biden in one single state where he was already projected to win so tantalizing. Truthfully, it's not a state of mind I'd like to even contemplate. I know the Trump years have been demoralizing, but man...

It's gonna be okay, though. Keep your head up, deuce king deuce king .

What happened to the black support (rather People Of Color as rolaholic rolaholic would say)?? Explain yourself champ.

Back
Top Bottom