***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Lawmakers are concerned that President Donald Trump's decision to swipe $44 billion from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will leave its disaster fund depleted amid a record-setting hurricane season.

Trump issued a memorandum allowing states to use $44 billion from FEMA's Disaster Relief Fund to pay $300 per week in enhanced federal unemployment benefits earlier this month. The move came after Trump and Senate Republicans refused to budge on their demands to slash boosted unemployment benefits, repeating a widely-debunked claim that the extra pandemic aid was a disincentive for workers to return to their jobs. House Democrats, meanwhile, approved a full extension of the $600-per-week benefit back in May.

After Hurricane Laura made landfall this week in Louisiana amid a hurricane season which has already seen a record-setting number of named storms, lawmakers worry Trump's move could leave FEMA unprepared to respond to recovery efforts. If the entire $44 billion is used, it could deplete the disaster relief agency's budget to as low as $25 billion, according to the Louisiana news outlet NOLA.com.

Last edited:
Not the first state seeing such affidavits either. At this rate he should probably worry about an electoral fraud investigation.

I was realky sympathetic to ye. But man. Homey is risking his freedom/lively hood to do what exactly ?

He may need some jail time. Psych ward. To get his mind clear of the pressure and celebrity pawnism.

I was on the NT gambling Discord for a bit (before I quit) and the guy who started it went off some tirade about Jacob Blake deserved to shot by the police and how it's all part of the "Democratic agenda" and how the 🤡 can't be racist towards Black people because Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton (two people he probably hates) said something nice about him in the 90s.

The question I'm asking is:

Why is every conservative gone off the rails?

Y'all winning and you're still angry.

WHY?!

I was on the NT gambling Discord for a bit (before I quit) and the guy who started it went off some tirade about Jacob Blake deserved to shot by the police and how it's all part of the "Democratic agenda" and how the 🤡 can't be racist towards Black people because Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton (two people he probably hates) said something nice about him in the 90s.

The question I'm asking is:

Why is every conservative gone off the rails?

Y'all winning and you're still angry.

WHY?!

They say they're winning, and they technically are all throughout government. But deep down they know they're losing and it scares them. Both in terms of the generation shift, and in ideology. That's my guess, though.

They say they're winning, and they technically are all throughout government. But deep down they know they're losing and it scares them. Both in terms of the generation shift, and in ideology. That's my guess, though.
Well that's why they're trying to transition away from a democracy. One move was to deny Obama from nominating Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court. Another move was "winning" the presidency despite losing by 3 million votes. Gerrymandering and voter suppression add to this strategy. They can control the country even if only 40% support them.

They can even go lower. They could control the country with 10% support simply by dividing and weakening the remaining 90% and by using fear and by placing the institutions (military, police, banks, intelligence agencies, and other federal agencies) under their control. Look at other countries (Syria is the first that comes to mind) where a minority group has ruled the country for decades.

Talk about the importance of democratic institutions isn't just an intellectual exercise. We need them. When they are eroded, every American should be alarmed, regardless of political affiliation. That's why I still can't get over the refusal to consider Garland's nomination. It was a huge red flag.

****s breaking bad in Portland. don ramon don ramon you okay? Stay inside tonight man. Proud Boys and alt right fascists might be out for blood after the shooting earlier. Whether they're in uniform or not.

The only ones that are winning are the wealthy ones.

Poor whites are losing like many Americans so they cling to their race which makes them somehow feel better about their situation. Ignorantly
, race brings them some form of consolation and makes them feel connected to wealthy whites. No, your whiteness doesn't make you Jeff Bezos or Warren Buffet.
Racism is for the ignorant
The wealthy and powerful like that the poor get occupied fighting race issues while they continue stacking the deck against the poor.
This is the case here, this is the case in other countries, and has been the case throughout history.

Where are the tech companies?
Where is Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google, and Microsoft.
I am sure they will vote for Biden but they were happy to take in those Trump tax cuts.
Sure they donate here and there but the government needs to step in to make sure it is more than a photo opp, publicity stunt, and tax write off.
We need radical and revolutionary changes to ensure equitable opportunities for all.

Last edited:
wlqkolkij0k51.jpg

****s breaking bad in Portland. don ramon don ramon you okay? Stay inside tonight man. Proud Boys and alt right fascists might be out for blood after the shooting earlier. Whether they're in uniform or not.
thanks man. **** was crazy last night from what i saw. mayor and portland police just rolled out the red carpet for these terrorists. not a cop in sight during their little protest where they were actually shooting people with paint pellets, bbs, brandishing lethal weapons, etc.

i wasn't anywhere downtown, but i saw a bunch of cars get off i5 onto broadway on the east side with flags and howling monkeys yelling out the windows like they were trying to instigate anyone who looked at them. it's bad here when these out of towners are given free reign to attack people in portland

Back
Top Bottom