***Official Political Discussion Thread***

well we know what he been watching other than borat

kumite.jpg

Problem with getting through to people in these regions is that many of the green jobs will be for higher educated people and not for the high school drop out and why they are against it. Even though those jobs will slowly go away.

It’s the same argument that people have for manufacturing. Manufacturing will somewhat come back to the US as automation becomes a thing. But again, the jobs will mostly be for engineers and not the blue collar person who would manually put things together. It really stinks but that’s the reality.

I disagree, an electrician in a coal plant can wire a windmill or solar panel.

a dump truck driver who hauls coal can haul rock and whatever else they need to build the solar and windmills.

an operator pushing coal around in a coal mine can push around class 5 instead to make the windmills and solar fields.

there is way more people actually in the field building these projects than engineers.

you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to do any of that work. People are just stubborn and don’t want to change.

Welp, now the damn news is back on because the “elders” are increasingly interested in seeing how their “leader” is going to overturn the electoral votes or some ****. Like, they’re legit huddled around the tv expecting a miracle or some ****.

I disagree, an electrician in a coal plant can wire a windmill or solar panel.

a dump truck driver who hauls coal can haul rock and whatever else they need to build the solar and windmills.

an operator pushing coal around in a coal mine can push around class 5 instead to make the windmills and solar fields.

there is way more people actually in the field building these projects than engineers.

you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to do any of that work. People are just stubborn and don’t want to change.

I agree. There is a stubbornness to it as well. People don’t like change. I mean we all don’t to a degree. There is an aspect where I like the amount of people needed to do tasks will slowly be lowered and that’s an aspect where everyone needs to fear, including the educated professional.

Problem with getting through to people in these regions is that many of the green jobs will be for higher educated people and not for the high school drop out and why they are against it. Even though those jobs will slowly go away.

It’s the same argument that people have for manufacturing. Manufacturing will somewhat come back to the US as automation becomes a thing. But again, the jobs will mostly be for engineers and not the blue collar person who would manually put things together. It really stinks but that’s the reality.

not necessarily. building the type of infrastructure needed for a reliable and renewable energy grid isn't going to be fast or easy. there will be a lot of manufacturing, construction, and metal work jobs created. if done right, it can be a real boon for rural communities

Back
Top Bottom