OFFICIAL POST YOUR BMX...vol. you're never too old...pg. 12 updated w/ pics

Been meaning to start looking for a bmx bike, need something light but with good performance.

Im 5'10 can anyone help?

I liked this

PA190537-709143.JPG

i got a 99' black and green diamondback viper with spin wheels and a redline 3 piece crank
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Used to have a had a 1994 VFR back when i was a kid. Was able to hook it up w/ a DK neck, Powerlite handlebars and crank, padded GT seat, GT pedals (no bearclaws though)... seen too many scraped shins to ever mess w/ bearclaws.
laugh.gif
  Wish I had pictures of it.  Not even sure if it got stolen or if i gave it away...

I remember back when Haro came out w/ the monocoque frame, my boy (who used to race) picked it up. I remember the frame being around $4-500 at the time. About a month after he got it, I remember him cracking the frame after hitting a jump.
laugh.gif

Here's the frame:
29olmoo.jpg

yo i remember this frame!!! your boy was an idiot tho 
laugh.gif
...only haro team riders was racing those back on the racing circuit ......think i was racing a dk a lil after that time.....but i ended up switching to a standard......damn i said i miss trails but i do miss racing nationals too but man w/ the way gas is the %%%@ is way more expensive if you don't have a sponsor 

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Used to have a had a 1994 VFR back when i was a kid. Was able to hook it up w/ a DK neck, Powerlite handlebars and crank, padded GT seat, GT pedals (no bearclaws though)... seen too many scraped shins to ever mess w/ bearclaws.
Yo, I hated those 'beartrap' pedals, I know the pain and the scarring they used to leave if you slipped on 'em; not the business.  Had 'em on my '89 Mongoose Mini Californian.  

My whips: wiah I had all my OG stuff from bitd.

09 PK Ripper Retro re done with all high end parts.

09 26" SE X Hundreds PK Ripper and 08 SE Floval Flyer restickered with PK Ripper

next build 08 SE OM Flyer that i picked up as a frame and fork and just had re powdered Hutch Candy Blue Sparkle.

MSRP for that PK Ripper was $699 for a complete. I bought that one as a frame and fork set for $250 so I could put my own parts on it, I cant leave anything stock. You can find good deals on ebay for them.

Originally Posted by SelectaClutchStar

^^^Nice. Keep 'em comin'. Are there any SoCal'ers here? Trying to organize a lil' ride soon. Msg. me if you're interested.

hit up the dudes from sundaybikes, www.sundaybikes.com, they always riding around out there....

Originally Posted by Digglo

MSRP for that PK Ripper was $699 for a complete. I bought that one as a frame and fork set for $250 so I could put my own parts on it, I cant leave anything stock. You can find good deals on ebay for them.
My mistake.

looking to pickup a starter bmx for the summer but i don't know anything about bikes.

gonna hit up craigslist and get a used one, what should i be looking for?

i'm 5'10 what's a good size?

Can anyone suggest a good, but more importantly STRONG, crank
set-up?  

Profile or some Redline Flights.  Profiles get mad pricey esp if you the Ti route.  Use them both and love them both.    

Great thread. Reminds me of my childhood and my favorite movie of all time RAD.

I need to find me the bike that Cru rode in that thing.

Originally Posted by third world wonder

looking to pickup a starter bmx for the summer but i don't know anything about bikes.

Craigslist is a good place to start, so you can kinda get an idea of what's out there.  Also, try your local bike shop, sure they can put you in the right direction.  Your budget is also a factor, 'cuz it all depends on how much you're trying to spend.  Here are some sites of the companies that you can browse.

sundaybikes.com (courtesy of neukicks)
gtbicycles.com
harobikes.com
redlinebicycles.com
sebikes.com

Originally Posted by third world wonder

If you're planning on doing tricks look on CL for companies like Fit, Fly, We the People (WTP), Stolen, Kink. Also look and make sure they have 3 piece cranks. Here's a link to danscomp.com all the major BMx companies are there just browse around and get a feel for what to look for on CL (you can even find one on Dans for the low too.) And at 5'10 you'd be pretty much all set on anything between 20" and 20.75" top tube length. It's all preference though really.

http://www.danscomp.com/s...html&html=bikes.html

And to Empire as far as cranks, can't go wrong with Profiles.

Here's mines. Prolly posted in every bike thread, lol.

6f515be46c16d000f374fc287d6762a5f27c21f.jpg

26 inch Race Inc. replica (very rare frameset)
89925fde806e6100d30016acdb67d94dcf919b4.pjpg

26 inch SE Racing OM Flyer

534350bfe65563e71ed6d4ab0b7e2de91b6ee2d.jpg

2312545e516ef1e5d580526d13d29d9d270d5a2.jpg

and currently workin on a 2008 baby blue/ brown 24 inch Quadangle with mags.
Those of you into vintage bmx might want to peep bmxmuseum.com, vintagebmx.com and bmxsociety.com

^^All great sites. Need a pink Hutch TrickStar with Woody Itson bars in my life.....it eludes me like sz 12 Orange Supreme Dunks

Check out the Stussy x WBase BMX

Looptail and Oakley B1-B grips, looks real old school
stussy-wbase-bmx-bike.png

I have my old race bikes in the house
A Powerlite P51
Gt Speed Series Box Team model
Haro Monocoque (Custom Black metallic ) USA version not the cheap Taiwan one
S &M Slam bars and Profile 3 piece's on the Gt and Haro
I thought about racing again since the season just started and the track is about 20min away

I see alot of SE fan in here i always liked the PK ripper but Nobody was winning races on them lol

Back
Top Bottom