**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

man i can't even read the posts in here without starting to tear up. Couldn't imagine having to see my lil man going thru pain and suffering.

Keep ya heads up fam, hope the best for yall and you're best friends.

Yeah as hard as it is, just gotta keep your head up and stay positive. We all know the feels.

Just to brighten the thread up a bit, here's my new golden pup he's almost a year old now and he's growing up into a handsome pup! Meet Berkeley and my fiance's Lab, Remi! Great personalities, always playful and enjoys being around the family, and great hunting dogs too!!

Berk as a pup

Berk as a pup

Grown up Berk and Remi

Berk!

My dog passed this morning 
tired.gif
 His lungs collapsed 
frown.gif

Just can't  get it off my mind. I try not to think but it just makes me even more sad. 

It was just so unexpected, a posted a pic of him on instagram a week ago and there was not a worry in the world. 

Now he's gone. I'm already miss him begging for my food at the dinner table, him jumping on my lap on the couch, sneaking into my room to sleep in my bed, and just playing with him after school everyday. 
frown.gif

tired.gif

^ sorry for your loss. thats heartbreaking man, especially since it was unexpected.

man i dont even want to think about the day my dog passes. gonna be some grown man tears for real.

My silky terrier has diabetes and a large tumor on his ribs.

Doc says the diabetes is more harmful to him at this point than the tumor. We're giving him shots but hes constantly losing weight, hes almost skin and bones. =\ Tumor is too large at this point to remove, its just a matter of time.

Had him since I was a junior in HS, hes seen me grow up, and ive seen him grow old. It sucks.

tired.gif
 Just found out my dog (french bulldog) Ollie has cancer on Saturday. He hadn't been eating all last week and kept throwing up. Took him to the local vet on thursday, then animal hospital friday. They've been trying to treat him with steroids. My dad told me he has either one month to live, or a year if they put him on Kemo. We just aren't sure what to do as its very expensive, like 2.5 k as of right now. He also is very skinny now. Sucks because he's my best friend and its hard knowing he's suffering, and time is clicking. He's only 6 too. He's still at the hospital doing testing, prob won't see him until wednesday since this snow hitting us hard right now. Even my other two dogs, jack russell terriers have been running around looking for him. I even keep yelling his name when I call the dogs to go for a walk/bathroom or feed them dinner. Then I quickly realize he's not here. Feels. 
ohwell.gif

frown.gif

tired.gif
Keep your heads up fellas.  Hardest decision I ever had to make was putting my dog to sleep due to severe hip dysplasia.  She was 15, so her bladder was weak due to old age and that combined with hip dysplasia just made life difficult for her.  I still miss her to this day, but it was a relief knowing she wasn't suffering anymore.  I'm hoping for the best for both of your dogs, keep us updated.

My golden had cancer and hip dysplasia and it was the hardest thing to just watch him slow down over the last couple years of his life. Always kept a smile on his face no matter how much pain he was in, miss him til this day.

tired.gif
 His lungs collapsed 
frown.gif

Just can't  get it off my mind. I try not to think but it just makes me even more sad. 

It was just so unexpected, a posted a pic of him on instagram a week ago and there was not a worry in the world. 

Now he's gone. I'm already miss him begging for my food at the dinner table, him jumping on my lap on the couch, sneaking into my room to sleep in my bed, and just playing with him after school everyday. 
frown.gif

tired.gif

RIP to both of your dogs
tired.gif

tired.gif
 His lungs collapsed 
frown.gif

frown.gif

tired.gif

That's tough....so sorry to hear it. Mine and my fiance's thoughts go out to you and yours. Losing something is already bad on its own, and somehow it's ten times worse when it's your dog. 

Keep ya head up.

@Degenerate423   Thank you man. 

Last edited:
To lighten up the thread and hopefully cheer everyone up, my neighbor's Golden pup (named Lucky).

Last edited:
Was doing some side work at a friends house and met his Staffordshire Pit bull 'puppy' a couple days back.. Friendliest dog I ever met. Belly rubs for days. I've met friendly pit bulls before on bike/walking trails before. But man. She still had her normal ears and intact tail. No more than 2 yrs old, 40 lbs. Definite chewing phase. Not a single bark out of her. Beautiful brown coating with some white. Raise any dog right, and they will love everyone forever

Last edited:
Sorry for everyones losses on this page. I'm choking up just reading. It's crazy how much we love and care for our dogs. I broke up with my ex 3 years ago. We adopted a Frenchie about 5 years ago and we pretty much treated her like our daughter. I still keep in touch with my ex and I recently babysat her for 2 weeks. One night she was having breathing problems. Frenchies in general are prone to this. But this was different. It sounded like she was snoring but she was awake. I decided to let her sleep on it and see if she would get better. She woke me up around 4 in the morning and I said F this. Took her to a 24 hour vet. Paid $175 for the visit, including antibiotics. Doc said she had a bacterial infection after she stuck a cotton swab up her nose, After 4 days of taking the pills, she is back to normal. Scared the crap out of me.

Prayers to those who lost there dogs :frown:

My heart goes out to all of yall

My bud Hunter is slowing down significantly. Used to follow me around all the time, now he just sits and stares :frown:

Man.. Tried reading some of the stories posted.. I can't, a little too real for me.. So sorry. To hear about all of you guys who lost your little buddies..

I think I posted the story about my boxer who we thought might have cancer but we found out it was benign THANK GOD..

But found out he has IBS, so he's been in and out of the vet and on and off of meds as we try to find found that he can keep down and won't bother his stomach.. We're on honest kitchen now and praying this works out

Was so sad seeing him the last time, he lost a ton of weight quick and literally had no energy (just seeing his ribs and hip bones poking out literally broke my heart)..He seems to be doing better with the probiotics.. But I literally would give anything just to find something that works

Really hoping the dehydrated food works

All the kind words in general mean alot.I feel like only fellow dog owners understand everything we go through.  Hopefully we can keep this thread going in a positive direction, providing comfort to all the dog owners on NT while showing off our pups! 

@ChampCruThik  thank you sir, your neighbor's golden pup is adorable. I have a soft spot for goldens in general, but one qualm I always have about them is that they don't really stay in that puppy phase long enough. Don't get me wrong, they're beautiful as adults, but I do wish the cute puppy phase lasted a littttttle longer 
laugh.gif
 same with labs!!

Damn why did I just read all these stories before I'm bout to pass out. Sorry for all yall loses man it's tough but keep your heads up

He loves laying out in the sun

Man.. Tried reading some of the stories posted.. I can't, a little too real for me.. So sorry. To hear about all of you guys who lost your little buddies..

I think I posted the story about my boxer who we thought might have cancer but we found out it was benign THANK GOD..

But found out he has IBS, so he's been in and out of the vet and on and off of meds as we try to find found that he can keep down and won't bother his stomach.. We're on honest kitchen now and praying this works out

Was so sad seeing him the last time, he lost a ton of weight quick and literally had no energy (just seeing his ribs and hip bones poking out literally broke my heart)..He seems to be doing better with the probiotics.. But I literally would give anything just to find something that works

Really hoping the dehydrated food works
My silky terrier has diabetes and a large tumor on his ribs.

Doc says the diabetes is more harmful to him at this point than the tumor. We're giving him shots but hes constantly losing weight, hes almost skin and bones. =\ Tumor is too large at this point to remove, its just a matter of time.

Had him since I was a junior in HS, hes seen me grow up, and seen him grow old. It sucks.
Never had a dog with irritable bowels but I feed all three of mine Orijen Six fish. The oldest one used to have looser stool before I made the switch.

damn man, reading all these stories are tough. I can't imaging having to deal with the loss. my thought go out to you guys dealing with the loss. keep your heads up

Back
Top Bottom