**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

Every time I hear of someone losing their pet I think of this..

DOGS DON'T HAVE SOULS, DO THEY?
I remember bringing you home. You were so small and cuddly with your tiny paws and soft fur. You bounced around the room with eyes flashing and ears flopping. Once in a while, you'd let out a little yelp just to let me know this was your territory.
Making a mess of the house and chewing on everything in sight became a passion and when I scolded you, you just put your head down and looked up at me with those innocent eyes as if to say: "I'm sorry, but I'll do it again as soon as you're not watching."
As you got older, you protected me by looking out the window and barking at everyone who walked by. When I had a tough day at work, you would be waiting for me with your tail wagging just to say, "Welcome home. I missed you." You never had a bad day and I could always count on you to be there for me.
When I sat down to read the paper and watch TV, you would hop on my lap looking for attention. You never asked for anything more than to have me pat your head so you could go to sleep with your head over my leg.
As you got older, you moved around more slowly. Then one day, old age finally took its toll, and you couldn't stand on those wobbly legs anymore. I knelt down and patted you lying there, trying to make you young again. You just looked up at me as if to say you were old and tired and that after all these years of not asking for anything, you had to ask me to do one last favor.
With tears in my eyes, I drove you one last time to the vet. One last time you were lying next to me. For some strange reason you were able to stand up in the animal hospital - perhaps it was your sense of pride.
As the vet led you away, you stopped for an instant, turned your head and looked at me as if to say: "Thank you for taking care of me."
I thought, "No - thank YOU for taking care of ME."

tough but beautiful to read, my little boy as you can see above, is already loved to pieces and brings endless joy. I don't ever want to think of this moment. One of my good friends just put her dog down after 14 years, can't imagine the pain

Going to cry like a little girl :frown:

Don't be ashamed to cry. Your friendship lasted 14 and a half years man. That's a beautiful thing.
ive known ppl for 14 years and wouldnt cry for them, would do so for my dog though.
condolences to you @airblaster503

As the vet led you away, you stopped for an instant, turned your head and looked at me as if to say: "Thank you for taking care of me."

I thought, "No - thank YOU for taking care of ME."
that unconditional loyalty...:frown:

figured id post a pic of my little man Mayer

Last edited:
venom lyrix venom lyrix

Awesome looking pup. Did you adopt or breeder?

With spring nearing, I'm really looking into the idea of adopting, and for my space, a corgi would be a great fit.

venom lyrix venom lyrix

Awesome looking pup. Did you adopt or breeder?

With spring nearing, I'm really looking into the idea of adopting, and for my space, a corgi would be a great fit.

I tried to adopt first but I couldn't find any Corgi's in my area. And there was no other breed I wanted. So i found a reputable breeder from Kansas after a lot of research

This is my dog Buster, he has been with me the last 14 and a half years. Recently he has developed degenerative myelopathy, actually be going on for about a year and a half now. His legs went out on him 2 days ago and he can't walk due to the back disease, he has to drag himself around with his front 2 legs.

Going to take him to the vet tomorrow and have to put him down. This is the worst feeling ever, he's been my best friend. I want to get a wheelchair for him but he has looked depressed and hasn't hardly eaten in weeks. Just don't think his quality of life would be good at that point even though he seems there mentally.

Going to cry like a little girl :frown:

I know those feels bruh. My experience is similar, our pit bull had hip dysplasia and lost the use of his back legs after 9 years. He lived to be 14 years old before we had to put him down. It's definitely a shock to the heart seeing dude every day for half your life then all of of a sudden not. I definitely wasn't ready.

Hang in there my dude.

My wife and I rescued a pup almost 6 months ago, the vet says he's between 9mos to 2yrs old.

He'd been hanging around our area for about two weeks and we tried to call rescue to come get him. No one ever came and while i was away for a work trip she bought a leash and a collar and a kennel and was intent on rescuing him.

He was scraggly but the wife had him groomed and looking on point. Vet says he's a terrier mix, when we got him he was barely 12lbs now he is a healthy 15lbs, happy as ever.

My wife and I rescued a pup almost 6 months ago, the vet says he's between 9mos to 2yrs old.

He'd been hanging around our area for about two weeks and we tried to call rescue to come get him. No one ever came and while i was away for a work trip she bought a leash and a collar and a kennel and was intent on rescuing him.

He was scraggly but the wife had him groomed and looking on point. Vet says he's a terrier mix, when we got him he was barely 12lbs now he is a healthy 15lbs, happy as ever.
Amazing man, hopefully he brings as much joy to ur life that you brought to his.

Can't stand pos ppl who abandon dogs especially lil pups, wish i could f everyone of em up

u can't take it back with u? cuz u will probably end up getting attached. and anytime u can foster a dog its great but adopting is way better bruh

Yea I could take it back with me, but we travel alot. So I don't want to leave the dog alone
Amazing man, hopefully he brings as much joy to ur life that you brought to his.

Can't stand pos ppl who abandon dogs especially lil pups, wish i could f everyone of em up

^^ Wow similar story to us. We had been looking for a dog to foster temporarily, but once he came home with us, we knew he was staying for good. He was found wandering the streets and had his hair long and dirty. We took him home and gave him a buzz and a shower. Really sweet dog. He was housebroken and really playful. We couldn't have asked for more. He also was underweight, and now is pushing 15 pounds.

Yea I could take it back with me, but we travel alot. So I don't want to leave the dog alone

^^ Wow similar story to us. We had been looking for a dog to foster temporarily, but once he came home with us, we knew he was staying for good. He was found wandering the streets and had his hair long and dirty. We took him home and gave him a buzz and a shower. Really sweet dog. He was housebroken and really playful. We couldn't have asked for more. He also was underweight, and now is pushing 15 pounds.
crazy to me how ppl can abandon lil pups...i haven't come across any but i would def do what u guys have done. respect

Does any of your dogs look around like there's a ghost around, this guy randomly starts looking around me and behind me with his ears flickering and stuff. Confuses the hell out of me.

Does any of your dogs look around like there's a ghost around, this guy randomly starts looking around me and behind me with his ears flickering and stuff. Confuses the hell out of me.

Yeah this happened to me for a while. My dog would wake up at 3am randomly and stare around the room at nothing, had me shook :lol:

It happened on and off for like a week and a half and then it just kind of subsided.

Guess the ghost in my house is just chillin :lol:

Thanks man, he's been more than a joy to us. My wife fell in love with him with a quickness.
We took the little guy to South Padre Island this past weekend.
Dude was exhausted at the beach and running around the resort, but had a great time.

Last edited:
My wife and I lost our Fawn Pug and Boxer within a two week period last year (can't even explain how hard it was). We gave it about 8 months before we started working with a local Pug rescue to find a black Pug. We've had him about 6 months and couldn't be happier. We were told he was about a year and a half at the time of adoption but we think he might have been younger.

This is Darrell
http://s60.photobucket.com/user/admerr/media/C13FE874-C1D4-43A6-9E82-FD01FADF74EE.png.html

Last edited:
What she where the boxer and pug? How did they passed? You got them from a breeder?

They were both from breeders. The pug was 2 1/2. He died from PDE. Extremely rare but pretty painful to witness. It hit him hard and he was gone within 48 hours.

The boxer was 14. He passed two weeks later. He put up a hard fight with cushings disease.

Back
Top Bottom