**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

What is the best way to find a breeder?

I want to look into buying a Frenchie...But why are they SOOO expensive?!?!?!

It's a toy breed (I believe) that everyone wants. Same with yorkies.

Check with your local animal care and control, they usually have a list of breeders.

Last edited by a moderator:

http://fbdca.org/breeders/

Y/W

Buying from a pet store at times is more than buying from a breeder.

In addition, if you get it from a reputable breeder, you are paying for a quality dog that line has been health tested, they have been breed to meet the best AKC standards, they have good temperament, and have been care for.

You most likely have to spay/neuter the dog unless you are seriously trying to do confirmation with him.

Good Luck.

definitely do you research and don't rush the process. it took me and my girls months of research before we found the pup we wanted.
make sure they're AKC certified. as other have stated reputable breeders will make sure they come from a healthy family. especially with frenchies which a so prone to health issues that is beyond important.

we've had our frenchie for a little over a year and a half and couldn't be happier

If you can, please look into adopting a pooch from a shelter. There are tons of great dogs available that are looking for a "forever home". After looking extensively for the right pooch, we adopted our girl about 3 years ago. We couldn't have wished for a better dog. She's absolutely perfect. I honestly think we were some how fated to get this dog because I think of her as the family's guardian angel...

My wife & I just came across this vid last night... If we lived near this shelter, we would've snapped these 2 dogs right up...

bruh, hit me right in the feels [emoji]128546[/emoji]

When our son goes to high school & becomes less reliant on us, my wife said she wanted to volunteer at the shelter we got our pooch from. I put the kibosh on that because we'd end up having like 6-7 dogs.

Not only would she end up falling in love with a pooch but I would too...

Here's another vid... Can't imagine people treating animals so cruely or even neglecting them. I make sure we spend quality time with our girl. I try to engage with her as much as we can & take her everywhere possible.

Seriously though, if you are looking for a dog even if you're set on a specific breed, try going to a shelter. There are sooo many great dogs looking for a home.

Last edited:
If you can, please look into adopting a pooch from a shelter. There are tons of great dogs available that are looking for a "forever home". After looking extensively for the right pooch, we adopted our girl about 3 years ago. We couldn't have wished for a better dog. She's absolutely perfect. I honestly think we were some how fated to get this dog because I think of her as the family's guardian angel...

My wife & I just came across this vid last night... If we lived near this shelter, we would've snapped these 2 dogs right up...

+1 for going the shelter/rescue route. My wife and I always went through breeders in the past. We chose to adopt our new dog from a local Pug rescue group. Best decision we've ever made (with dogs).

When we picked him up he was extremely under weight (not from the rescue group- they only had him 3 days) and completely nervous/scared. 7 months later, he's an entirely different dog that now runs the house. Seeing him make a complete 180 in both personality and health has been incredible. I don't think we'll ever go through another breeder. There's far too many dogs out there that need a home.

Local shelter has a English Bulldogo for adoption. Owner of 9 years had to let him go because she moved out of state for a job. So sad.

Yo! Nice dogs everybody. For those of you with large dogs what kind of harness you guys using for walking? I can't find one that fits good and actually feels sturdy. The one I have now rubs my dudes armpits.

Last edited:
Cool. I've seen ceaser use that. My dog doesn't pull but the other day we seen a cat get hit by a car and he tried to run on the road after it and I could hear the stiching in the harness starting to rip.

poor cat. was the worst thing I've ever seen. :frown:

My Girl HoneyBunch; She's 2 Now, This Is The First Time I've Been Able To Lift Her Up Like This & Have Her Keep Her Hold [emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128170[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128548[/emoji] APBT>>

easy walk is the best harness ever. I use them on both my dogs, it doesn't allow a dog to pull with its front shoulders while not choking them. its awesome, I highly recommend.

A picture of my French Bulldog, Sneakers. He's about to turn 6 this year and he's been nothing but a clown since day 1. He brings a ton of joy to our family, especially my parents who cater to his every need - he's spoiled.

Back
Top Bottom