**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

New pup

Checked out the SPCA website on my birthday and my girl Sadie was the newest dog listed. Went to check her out and ended up getting her on the spot. Wasn't prepared at all but one of the best spur of the moment decisions I've ever made. She is an absolute handful tho 
laugh.gif
 Shes a blue pit/hound mix supposedly.

The day I got her

Had to put my Chocolate Lab to rest late last night. He was diagnosed with epilepsy a few weeks ago, acquired a tick borne disease around the same time, and just last night the doctor discovered a softball sized mass in his abdomen. Throughout all of this, dude tried his hardest to be a happy and friendly. Sucks, but I rescued him 5 years ago and if I didn't, he probably would've been euthanized back then. Was able to give him a solid 5 years of companionship.

Had to put my Chocolate Lab to rest late last night. He was diagnosed with epilepsy a few weeks ago, acquired a tick borne disease around the same time, and just last night the doctor discovered a softball sized mass in his abdomen. Throughout all of this, dude tried his hardest to be a happy and friendly. Sucks, but I rescued him 5 years ago and if I didn't, he probably would've been euthanized back then. Was able to give him a solid 5 years of companionship.

RIP to your dog |I.

Sorry for your loss. Having to put down a dog is one of the toughest decisions. But if that was best for him, so he wouldn't suffer, just remember you were doing the right thing by your dog.

Anyone get vaccine shots for their dogs and which?

I only get the rabies and now thinking about the Lyme, since I live behind a farm/woods

Well done sir.

In my humble opinion, dogs are God's greatest creation. Hands-down, no question, their only purpose is to love.

Last edited:
Dogs are more like humans greatest creations since we as a species have bread them to be our best friends.

Dogs are the best.

Nothing better than coming home to see my dog all excited

Where you people store your dogs food? I buy 30lb bags at a time but can't find a container that fits the bag without taking the food out

^^^ wife and I use multiple tall, cereal containers for everyday use. For the remainder in the bag, we take a 30 gallon trash bag and put the dog food bag in there, and knot it tight. This keeps bugs and other critters out of there while keeping the food fresh.

We use one of these to store our dog food. Easy to fill up and keeps the food fresh and air tight. Picked it up at a local dog store for around $50.

We use one of these to store our dog food. Easy to fill up and keeps the food fresh and air tight. Picked it up at a local dog store for around $50.

I use something like this too, can fit a full large bag of food. Never had problems with bugs or insects with it.

Last edited:

Well as if my fiance and I didn't have enough pups in our lives. We added a fourth two weeks ago. This is Kennedy and she's a German Shepherd and golden retriever mix!

My Shorkie Megatron. he just turned one, Mom Took care of him while I was overseas, took him a while to warm up to me but now he's always up under me.

Anyone know anything about Silver Labrador Retrievers? I'm on the rebound. Miss my dog, but I hate not having a dog around. Looking into taking a trip to PA to grab one of these guys.

Anyone know anything about Silver Labrador Retrievers? I'm on the rebound. Miss my dog, but I hate not having a dog around. Looking into taking a trip to PA to grab one of these guys.
Only thing I know about them, is that there was a "battle" between different Lab breeders on whether or not "silver" was a legit, recognized color.  Some think that it isn't pure, that another breed had to be mixed in at some point (such as a Weimaraner).  Similar to people that don't think "blue" is a real color in Pit Bull Terriers.  Some think it is possible (blue is just a diluted black, but the parents have to carry the gene) while others think it was brought in from a different breed.

Did you have a Lab before?

Back
Top Bottom