OFFICIAL POST YOUR TRUCK'S/SUV'S THREAD!!!!!! VOL: BIG BOY TOY!!!

Originally Posted by i3allistic

^^ Dope FJ40~!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

X2. Let's see some more pics. Really wish TOYOTA would have followed what jeep did and keep this body style forever. Classic.

Originally Posted by haddix

Originally Posted by i3allistic

^^ Dope FJ40~!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

X2. Let's see some more pics. Really wish TOYOTA would have followed what jeep did and keep this body style forever. Classic.

Yeah once I'm home I'll take a few of the interior. And back.

Quick pic of my Tacoma while installing the ARB bumper. Will get better pics soon.

I have a question for you guys. I'm looking for a new set of tires for my 2001 4Runner, not sure what tires to get. I live in San Francisco, so it is all city/highway driving with a 0% chance of offroading. Any suggestions on tires? My price range is around 700-800 out the door.

Just did some research and this is what I found to be in my budget and most popular in terms of ratings:

BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A
BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/A
Michelin LTX M/S2
Michelin LTX A/T2
Bridgestone Duler H/L Alenza
Firestone Destination LE

Any help is greatly appreciated.:D

I have a question for you guys. I'm looking for a new set of tires for my 2001 4Runner, not sure what tires to get. I live in San Francisco, so it is all city/highway driving with a 0% chance of offroading. Any suggestions on tires? My price range is around 700-800 out the door.
Just did some research and this is what I found to be in my budget and most popular in terms of ratings:
BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A
BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/A
Michelin LTX M/S2
Michelin LTX A/T2
Bridgestone Duler H/L Alenza
Firestone Destination LE
Any help is greatly appreciated.:D

What tires you have now?

I have a '99 4Runner and I recently purchased a set of Michelin LTX M/S2's. Like you, I do all city and highway driving. They perform well on the road. Smooth, quiet ride. Good traction and stopping in rainy conditions. The 4Runner had Michelins on it when I bought it and they wore really well so I expect the same from this set. With proper rotating they'll last 75K+ easy.

Check out discounttiredirect.com

I currently have some Dunlops that the dealership put on and they wore out SUPER quick. But I am definitely leaning towards the Michelin's.

Did your mileage have any difference when putting on the new set? Right now I get 13 city/16 highway.:x

I currently have some Dunlops that the dealership put on and they wore out SUPER quick. But I am definitely leaning towards the Michelin's.
Did your mileage have any difference when putting on the new set? Right now I get 13 city/16 highway.:x

Dollar for dollar, the Michelin's are a good value. If it's within your budget, go for those. Money well spent in my case, that's for sure.

As far as MPG, mine has always been decent. I went from LTX M/S to LTX M/S 2 though, so not much of a difference there. I've averaged over 20mpg on long trips buts its probably more like 16/19. Many factors affect MPG, like tire size, driving style, dirty air filter, etc. The hilly terrain of SF probably has something to do with it.

FYI, discounttiredirect is America's Tire's website so you can buy online (with no tax) and have them shipped for free to your nearest America's tire for installation (instead of having to receive them at home and take them to a tire shop), which out worked well in my case. And currently Michelin is offering a $70 rebate on a set of tires until the 28th, which would just about cover the cost of new air valves and installation.

Also, if it is a tire your local America's Tire stocks, they will match the online out the door price.

Hope that helps.

Dope thread, have always loved trucks and SUV's. Got an 05 Tundra Double Cab myself. Basically stock, but will see if I can dig up some pics.
I was considering the blue one until my friend recently dropped this bomb on me.
3fe16763e08109029db601eb1fe8e340b9c9b13c_r.jpg
6bc3643462a2e4b08dde0ebb05599c22acc9592a_r.jpg

I can't do the blue one anymore. I'll end up taking a black 07 if I can find a nice one, hoping to find a white 08.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

roll.gif

Damn, I love Jeep GC's. Especially your SRT8, Air Spider 777.

Where's the Chevrolet Avalanches at?

I'll post mine later. It's nothing special, though. All I did to it so far was throw 5% tint on it. :pimp:

Last edited:
This is an old pic, ive since added a rear bumper with swing out tire carrier and gas can holder.

Will post later.

07 t4r sport 4wd
:pimp:

Not my pic, but i got the same exact color, stock chrome rims and everything. 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L Hemi

The ****** on my truck broke :frown:

Prolly take it in tomorrow for a new one.

It sucks

Great thread. This is my daily driver, 06' Trailblazer. Gets me from A to B and anywhere else that my cars can't.
291 HP/275 TQ makes it hands down one of the best SUV value out there. I plan on enjoying it until the wheels fall off.

For you guys that have lifted suv's/trucks how are spacers? Something that wears down over time and need to be replaced, etc? I'm looking at buying a 2001 Cherokee with a 3.5 inch lift and dude mentioned it also has 1.5 spacers for a total of 5 inches of lift. Only thing is it has a salvage title, no accidents though. Salvaged due to a broken rear differential and due to an insurance claims report it was given a salvage title. It's fixed now and says it runs perfectly. Should i steer clear of it due to salvage? Here's a pic for those that are curious as to what it looks like.

Last edited:
Unless it is a very good deal I'd steer clear. I stay away from any salvage titles and the spacers are just another reason not to get it IMO. Nothing good comes from spacers. Seems kind of weird to me it would become salvage just because of a broken rear diff..

I was just looking at a 2006 Ford Expedition , I need a new ride in the next few months

Picked it up today. Used white ones don't exist so went with silver. 2007 with 50k. The interior/exterior is damn near flawless. Couldn't be happier.

Used 2008 Trail Teams FJ Cruisers do exist, had a couple of deals fall through, was really trying to get a manual ****** FJ but they were very difficult to come by. Gave up after a deal in Nevada fell through, and went with an AT. loving it since...

...don't be fooled by the white TRD's rolling around today. The Army Green TT, :x:smoking, to much awesome. Seen the new Red TT's, not a fan.

I've had FJ owners offer to buy my TRD rims plenty of times.

That's tough. Straight storm trooper. TT's were out of the budget :frown:. I cut my search at a certain price so those never entered the picture :lol:. I wanted a normal white one and could've waited, but I couldn't pass up this one. It smells like the previous owner burned a few black and milds during his time with it, but other than that it looks and drives like it's brand new. Told the car guy neighbor it was an 07 and he slapped me. He said it looked brand new then I socked him in the face.

And my "rear" speakers are in my headliner. I turned up that new 2chainz and Drake song to a nice 56 and put my hand to the headliner and it was knockin. I've never seen or heard that before and thought it was weird.

Glad to see some fj love in here. I've thought about selling my double cab trd Tacoma and picking one up but just can't let go of my truck just yet.

Back
Top Bottom