OFFICIAL: PS3 SLIM Unveiled Today at GamesCom...$299 120GB NO BC 3.0 FW...9/1

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Im thinking about copping a HD for my dorm when i cop this.
If I cop a Vizio 22 inch 1080 will I notice a difference in quality when compared to a similarly sized 720 monitor?
Not a considerable difference or one without a trained eye will be able to see. I would go with the 720p

Even with HDMI?
Nope. I think the rule of thumb is anything under 40inches is fine with 720p. I'm sure theres someone on here that can give more insight intothis and/or you can find some good reading on the internet about it.

Ok
I just wanted to make sure I was getting the best TV for my money.
So I'll go with the cheaper 720.
Thanx!
No probs. Only way I'd get a 1080p is if it was 50" or over.

I just got the walmart bundle instead of the slim for $299! Dont really like the way the slim looks!

Lol.......Why are people tripping off the way it LOOKS rather than the price and the 120GB memory size??

Whatever.....bought this a few days ago......fits with my black flat screen TV and black/glass stand with my black cable box and black router
smile.gif
Cant go wrongwith black.

According to Chart-Track figures, sales of Sony's PlayStation 3 have increased by 999% in the last week following the release of the PS3 Slim console last Tuesday.

"The uplift on week 36 on week 35 is plus 999 per cent," revealed Chart-Track's Director, Dorian Bloch. "We don't give out the hardware numbers, but never-the-less it's a very large increase."

This increase has had a knock-on effect on the UK's all formats game chart, where titles bundled by retailers with the PS3 Slim have experienced chart resurgences over the last week.

CoD4: Modern Warfare jumped from number 10 to number 3 thanks to a 128% increase in sales, which was mostly down to its inclusion in a PS3 Slim bundle, while EA Sports titles Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 and Fight Night Round 4 experienced sales increases of 38% and 68% respectively, which were primarily the result of similar PS3 Slim bundles.

Conversely, Xbox 360 sales in the UK increased by 43% last week following the price drop of Microsoft's Elite SKU, while this week's sales remained on the up with a 29% increase. Despite this ongoing rise, Sony's PS3 still outsold the Xbox 360 by three units to one over the last week.

These are UK numbers....

I feel like sony just slapped me because I purchased their blu ray recently and not the ps3 because of its bulky size and extra money

then this drops
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

If you go to sonystyle and apply for a sony credit card. You can then purchase the PS3 slim and receive $100 credit in two months. So basically you will bepaying $199 for a PS3 slim. Same applies for the 80gb Ps3 or more expensive bundles. Minimum purchase to be eligible is $299.

Help me NT, I bought the last bundle pack at walmart yesterday and it was also $299 80gh and MLB the show game plus golden eye the movie all for $299! Should Ikeep it or exchange it for the slim ps3!

Back
Top Bottom