< OFFICIAL PUMA™ THREAD >

EB1812D8-5082-473D-B228-5AB1B834A5A5.jpeg

Fuego

No shoes with this Coogi x Puma drop: just basketball jersey, shorts and slides.
Disappointing cause liked the last collab:

Can't pull off the full sweater, so went with black.

IMG_1763.JPG

i like them too, any classic that gets tech upgrade is always good in my eye, forgot the name but I liked that Jordan 1 performance shoe they released a few years back
36160248_212439442736463_7612723330503671808_n.jpg

35415110_828580147336806_9003178031480569856_n.jpg

Forgot about the Jordan 1 Alpha, I don't remember if it was actually a good performance shoe or not but they were everywhere when they came out.

i remember enjoying playing in them, i wish they'd bring them back but maybe improve further on the tech, full length zoom plus react sounds good

but i digress, those puma and apparently they also have the right to boost tech (they just can't call it boost) and they have a very good possibilities with this venture

These look like the jamming model ....i bought my wife these and she said they feel like a lighter air max. I have not personally tried this cushion setup tho

Puma is making a big splash in the NBA, but the brand has run into a problem with one star rookie because his feet are too big

Puma made its intentions clear ahead of the 2018 NBA draft, signing soon-to-be stars like Deandre Ayton, Marvin Bagley III, and Zhaire Smith to show that the brand was ready to get back into the basketball shoe game and compete with the likes of Nike, Adidas, and Under Armour.

But as the rookies made their NBA Summer League debuts, first overall pick Ayton has been seen on the court wearing Nike's despite the deal. While some fans were confused at first, Ayton's lack of Pumas isn't due to a contract dispute, but rather a simple logistical issue — Puma is yet to make shoes that can adequately handle his size 18 feet.

According to Bleacher Report's Master Tesfatsion, Ayton said that Puma is still working to get his kicks right for the court.

"I wear size 18," Ayton said. "What we're trying to do is make the best shoe possible. They want me to perform well. That's why I'm wearing [Nike] right now."

While the notion might seem absurd — what was Puma thinking signing an athlete it couldn't outfit? — if Puma's footwear isn't there yet for Ayton, it's a far better play to keep him comfortable than risk his ankles on a work in progress.

Still, it's certainly not a great turn of events for a brand that's trying to get back in the game as Ayton is getting double-doubles in Summer League as the top overall pick in the draft, and doing it all in a competitor's shoe. Hopefully, Puma will have worked out its kinks by the time the regular season rolls around.

Anybody copping these today? Ordered in the bred colourway. Not entirely sold on the "Boost" pellets stuck in the foam, but I'm hoping they look better in hand on on feet. Other than that, everything else I dig better than the Adidas POD.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Had them on for a day, the boost pellets in the foam are a bit darker in person due to the surrounding foam colour bleeding through the pellets.

Very comfy shoe; if I had to put a finger on it, I'd say this definitely feels like Boost, but a firmer feel. Feels a LOT like the DRose 6 which in my opinion isn't a bad thing at all.

Rubber outsole all the way along, so none of that foam outsole crap in the middle like I had feared. Upper is very soft and fits very true to size. Wouldn't recommend them for anything else but casual use though; very minimal support ala Ultraboost.

So far, so good; for £110 I got no complaints.

got the electrics and they're nice but i wish there wasn't piping that highlighted the puma logo, that's what made the spectra nice, the puma logo isn't as prominent
thunder electric wht lace1.jpg

switched up the laces to black, i think it looks better but i am still not convinced if its for keeps but if i do keep, i'm gon' need thicker black rope laces
thunder electric blk lace2.jpg
Black laces look great...How do these run, compared to a 10.5 Nike?

i'm usually a 9.5-10 in nikes depending on the model (Jordans like IVs and XIs are usually 9.5, runners like racer and pegasus are usually 10) and got a 10 with a little extra room, 9.5 was a bit snug for my liking but a 9.75 would probably been perfect :lol:

i just wear a 10 with thicker socks for the most part

i'm usually a 9.5-10 in nikes depending on the model (Jordans like IVs and XIs are usually 9.5, runners like racer and pegasus are usually 10) and got a 10 with a little extra room, 9.5 was a bit snug for my liking but a 9.75 would probably been perfect :lol:

i just wear a 10 with thicker socks for the most part
Good enough answer!! HAHA...Much thanks!! Dope shoe!

rrreaallllyyy hope the cactus and sand/peach deserts don't end up being women's exclusives but looks likely going by the electric release

Back
Top Bottom