OFFICIAL RAP BATTLE THREAD: Hitman Holla vs. Aye Verb p.12

another youtube reviewer had some points too about cortez's comments saying the battle rappers don't deserve the extra perks at this time because the performances are lacking

events are setup terribly, footage comes out with some of the more interesting things edited out and the battlers are not finishing rounds and the matchups are weak

does anyone know who said "hit em with a bunch of Ks like ghetto *******" ?.. thought it was magic but can find the line in any of his battles

Started watching URL but I prefer KOTD now. How is it corny? Just cuz they don't rap about guns 99% of the time?

Also Summer Madness should be a two day event , nobody should be on feet in a cramped building for 12 hours that's when people get impatient and Aggy and crowds become dead by the time the main events come up

This is a dope idea, I'm sure it's been brought up before. It's all about money for these guys though, it'll prb cost him more to do things like this.

guys , dont fall for the okey doke

the reason that battles on smack have fallen off is NOT smack , but the BATTLERS . NOME3 battles were trash because the MCs didnt show up . period .

none of the things Cortez listed are of any concern to us as battle rap fans . what the **** do you care what kind of hotel he stays in or if he gets a personalized iPhone case ? at the end of the day i want good battles ; for the top tier guys to stop choking and not preparing 3 rounds of material

Last edited:
Patient waits for free battles no way in hell I'd cop a ppv for smack , kotd, or any other battle league.

We're spoiled now so we expect classics every week and event but when the battles were on smack DVD it literally took forever for the battles to drop and they definitely weren't all classic performances.

guys , dont fall for the okey doke

the reason that battles on smack have fallen off is NOT smack , but the BATTLERS . NOME3 battles were trash because the MCs didnt show up . period .

none of the things Cortez listed are of any concern to us as battle rap fans . what the **** do you care what kind of hotel he stays in or if he gets a personalized iPhone case ? at the end of the day i want good battles ; for the top tier guys to stop choking and not preparing 3 rounds of material

that guy also made it super clear he was bias for the sake of the fans needs which makes no sense

without the rappers there are no events, nome 3 along with every other smack event is trash mainly cause the matchups and if you're there live its trash cause they're unorganized and takes forever

out of all the smack events thrown, all of them missed the bar outside of one battle each event

hollow vs surf is the only battle outta like 3 events that cats didn't heavily boo and it's not just because of the content it's the structure and price of the event

grindtime in its prime was way better than smack and still has most of my all time favorite battles and its also the real reason smack came back, grindtime showed you can really eat off the battle game with real events and sponsors

and kotd is currently better than smack for the same reasons and they def try way more and better matchups than url

there's not many url battles I actually enjoyed total honestly and some were one rounders

1 lottazay vs tone
2 mciddy vs chilla
3 hollow vs big t
4 nuborn vs super writer
5 jon jon vs bill collector
6 arsonal vs hitman
7 surf vs ill
8 lottazay vs ill will
9 jon jon vs hitman
10 qp vs bmagic
11 jon jon vs bmagic

*and jc vs chilla only for jc's rounds, contrary to popular opinion jc 3-0'd that boy

that's literally it outta like 3 years of battles

what the **** do you care what kind of hotel he stays in or if he gets a personalized iPhone case ?
Son, you a funny ***** for this line, but I think more or less, KOTD does exemplify good business tactics by making each artist feel important to the venue, no matter their current tier/rank.

I have been dying to see the demise (no pun intended) of URL though ... just because Smack and them are so selfish. At some point the sled dog's gotta eat too. KOTD has better round 3's than URL if you take a look at every match, and that is because who wants to prepare for a sub-par production. URL is at the top due to default. But KOTD has definitely taken over, plus they put out more battles.

Last edited:
from a production and business perspective -- i do agree that other leagues are putting URL to shame . i do however love the aggressive style of rap found in URL battles and would hate to see that go

Last edited:
from a production and business perspective -- i do agree that other leagues are putting URL to shame . i do however love the aggressive style of rap found in URL battles and would hate to see that go

I do too, love seeing the aggression, but smack has made it a point of profiting off of ignorance, and not allowing the battle rappers to evolve.

To keep it completely 100, it astonishes me why the battle rappers themselves have yet to unionize aginast URL. If there was a complete boycott of URL what would Smack do next? All Smack does is provide a venue, he doesn't provide a product. It kind of reminds me of early hip hop when NOBODY owned their copyright and labels were reaping all the benefits.

I mean, does Smack have a charity? Does he donate? At least feed the streets that help feed you. He has zero sense of business ethics and eventually URL will crumble. I love KOTD style. I tend to lean towards good business. I may be bias in that fashion though.

the whole aggression standpoint isn't even true

i've heard pat stay say harsher things than anyone in the url

caustic and others too on grindtime who are now kotd

most of urls biggest rappers came from grindtime anyway

my issue is with the whole fact that some of these dudes dont even take themselves seriously as a artist, there is a really good head ice blog where he touched on it, alot of these dudes do smack battles off the strenth for 4-8 grand and then realize after footage comes out or those youtube numbers that they got the short end of the stick, back in the day with those blaze battle comp or any scribble jam, you didnt get paid a dollar unless you won, and then that was it, you might of got a contract, but that was the 90's when record lables still wanted actually lyricist. Seriously what kind of platform does it take to have recording camera, mics for clear audio and maybe a small amount of audience(judges) to put the live effect of having a battle. Smack is not doing anything new with the culture all he is doing is putting the rappers who would battle for 500 on street corners and gave them the scribble jam, rap Olympics, blaze battle format. These dudes get time to write lyrics and they " i like to say again get paid to be rap battlers". I stand by my statement for KOTD being the clear premiere league, no one complains that battles in that league, they have a clear champion, they have endorsements from the most popular artist in hip hop and they have PPV for their core audience. Url was good while it lasted but for the culture to continue, the serious battle rappers must find a better source or move with KOTD. Smack ate good for 4 years off these dudes but its a wrap, how you not capitalize off one of the most important stories in hip hop of last year(lux) shows that he is not as cool to work with as he makes it seem.

Im sorry but most of those KOTD battles just aren't my steez or atleast there core battle rappers.. Not saying that i want pure gun bars but all that mortal kombat extensive bars to say ill murder you in a different way isn't exactly better.

Now if smacks rappers were to go over there then i would watch but i could barely sit through a whole battle worth of diszaster and he suppose to be one of the top cats. Actually the 106/URL seems to be the perfect format IMO

Im sorry but most of those KOTD battles just aren't my steez or atleast there core battle rappers.. Not saying that i want pure gun bars but all that mortal kombat extensive bars to say ill murder you in a different way isn't exactly better.

Now if smacks rappers were to go over there then i would watch but i could barely sit through a whole battle worth of diszaster and he suppose to be one of the top cats. Actually the 106/URL seems to be the perfect format IMO
Smack rappers are going over there the trailer I just posted has Aye Verb, Charlie Clips, DNA, Head Ice, Chilla Jones John John da don on the card.

Back
Top Bottom