Official Reebok Kamikaze II Thread AKA "Reignmans"

They even sent me a 15% off and some free socks

Even better reasoning to keep this extra pair.

its called marketing strategy....nike does it too!
limiting initial release guarantees higher sale on the follow up releases

common man simple business lol

I'm sure that any and everyone who comes to this board is well aware of Nike's strategy of limited releases. I think what the person you quoted is saying is that Reebok had a chance to differentiate themselves from Nike instead of trying to imitate them. The hyper limited quickstrike strategy does work, but it is far from the only possible course that they could have taken. If you have a beloved colorway of a model it makes sense to make it widely available and then to limit production of newer colorways to draw attention to them. This is what Nike does with most of their retros. Most original colorways are relatively easy to get if you're in any way persistent about acquiring them, but some retro+ colorways are surprisingly limited.

What Reebok chose to do is what Nike does with its signature models (Kobe's, KD's, Lebron's). The highly sought after colorways are also the most limited. Granted at this point it's hard to separate limited availability with someone actually liking the sneaker, but I digress. The basic home/away colors of the sigs are widely available, but the especially vivid and loud colorways draw attention to the line overall with their exclusivity.

I think that at this point I'm not sure if Reebok made the right choice of marketing strategies. They could have mass produced this colorway (which people were clearly champing at the bit for). To help bring attention to the new colorways that most people, to be blunt, couldn't give a **** about. The lone exception in their current Kamikaze II lineup that will be released later is the Black/Red. That is one LOUD sneaker. I would have put a full force marketing campaign behind it and released it in highly limited fashion, and then let the rest of the Kamikaze II releases sales ride off of that.

I think Reebok's mistake here might be underestimating just how much nostalgia (and the feigned nostalgia for a time that you weren't born for now popularized by hipsters) can drive the sales of a release like this. I'll use myself as an example of this. I never watched Shawn Kemp play, I'm not from Seattle, and I'm not a Sonics fan. I also never bought Reeboks as a kid; for me it was generally Jordan's or some Shaq's from payless with nothing in between. But this is undoubtedly a ridiculously great looking sneaker. Knowing that this is an OG colorway and being able to see Shawn Kemp on cards and watch videos of him in these, makes me want this colorway specifically. All of the retro+ stuff I can take it or leave it because it's nice, but there's no history there. Ultimately what I'm saying is that Reebok could've easily let history sell large numbers of this sneaker, and put a great marketing and hype campaign behind their new retro+ colorways.

TL;DR

Reebok should've made more of these because those retro+ colors are probably going to sit HARD.

Had to settle with a half size smaller than my true size and surprisingly these fit well and very comfy :pimp:

Wait...so are these confirmed as some sort of limited release? This release really threw me off, took me a little while to find my pair after thinking I can just walk into the store mid day only to find out they sold out in the morning and a lot of other spots didn't even carry them. Definitely felt rare. 

Wait...so are these confirmed as some sort of limited release? This release really threw me off, took me a little while to find my pair after thinking I can just walk into the store mid day only to find out they sold out in the morning and a lot of other spots didn't even carry them. Definitely felt rare. 
Yea i think it was a limited release like when the red toe questions dropped they were limited and as reebok released more colorways they made more quantity of those colors 

amount of red toes < amount of blue toes < amount of gold/black

so hopefully they release many pairs of the other colorways for the kamikazes 

I'm sure that any and everyone who comes to this board is well aware of Nike's strategy of limited releases. I think what the person you quoted is saying is that Reebok had a chance to differentiate themselves from Nike instead of trying to imitate them. The hyper limited quickstrike strategy does work, but it is far from the only possible course that they could have taken. If you have a beloved colorway of a model it makes sense to make it widely available and then to limit production of newer colorways to draw attention to them. This is what Nike does with most of their retros. Most original colorways are relatively easy to get if you're in any way persistent about acquiring them, but some retro+ colorways are surprisingly limited.

What Reebok chose to do is what Nike does with its signature models (Kobe's, KD's, Lebron's). The highly sought after colorways are also the most limited. Granted at this point it's hard to separate limited availability with someone actually liking the sneaker, but I digress. The basic home/away colors of the sigs are widely available, but the especially vivid and loud colorways draw attention to the line overall with their exclusivity.

I think that at this point I'm not sure if Reebok made the right choice of marketing strategies. They could have mass produced this colorway (which people were clearly champing at the bit for). To help bring attention to the new colorways that most people, to be blunt, couldn't give a **** about. The lone exception in their current Kamikaze II lineup that will be released later is the Black/Red. That is one LOUD sneaker. I would have put a full force marketing campaign behind it and released it in highly limited fashion, and then let the rest of the Kamikaze II releases sales ride off of that.

I think Reebok's mistake here might be underestimating just how much nostalgia (and the feigned nostalgia for a time that you weren't born for now popularized by hipsters) can drive the sales of a release like this. I'll use myself as an example of this. I never watched Shawn Kemp play, I'm not from Seattle, and I'm not a Sonics fan. I also never bought Reeboks as a kid; for me it was generally Jordan's or some Shaq's from payless with nothing in between. But this is undoubtedly a ridiculously great looking sneaker. Knowing that this is an OG colorway and being able to see Shawn Kemp on cards and watch videos of him in these, makes me want this colorway specifically. All of the retro+ stuff I can take it or leave it because it's nice, but there's no history there. Ultimately what I'm saying is that Reebok could've easily let history sell large numbers of this sneaker, and put a great marketing and hype campaign behind their new retro+ colorways.

TL;DR

Reebok should've made more of these because those retro+ colors are probably going to sit HARD.
this guy preety much sums what i was trying to point out coz it seems like reebok is going with the same pattern as the questions
Yea i think it was a limited release like when the red toe questions dropped they were limited and as reebok released more colorways they made more quantity of those colors 

amount of red toes < amount of blue toes < amount of gold/black

so hopefully they release many pairs of the other colorways for the kamikazes 

Yo to the ppl who already got their pairs in person, are these comfortable enough to ball in. Might cop the regular black & white cw for balling in if thats the case and theyre not hard to cop which I highly doubt they will be
Hope everyone eventually gets their pairs tho

Yet another CLASSIC that Reebok could have released and made tons of people happy by allowing them to easily get a pair, but no they just couldn't do it. Reebok has to have the worst marketing EVER! Their piss poor releases don't even make me care about their brand anymore and I loved Reebok growing up because THATS ALL I COULD AFFORD! Yet another blunder by Reebok. I called their call center and THEY couldn't even tell me when and where these would release. Reebok is a joke.

u had chances 2 weeks before the release date, pre order with no tax plus free shipping at YCMC, PYS, Culture Kings. plus it sat a few days at YCMC.
Reebok classic provided as info on where the shoes r gonna release,
Reebok aint no joke, Reebok is the ****. lol

Yet another CLASSIC that Reebok could have released and made tons of people happy by allowing them to easily get a pair, but no they just couldn't do it. Reebok has to have the worst marketing EVER! Their piss poor releases don't even make me care about their brand anymore and I loved Reebok growing up because THATS ALL I COULD AFFORD! Yet another blunder by Reebok. I called their call center and THEY couldn't even tell me when and where these would release. Reebok is a joke.

u had chances 2 weeks before the release date, pre order with no tax plus free shipping at YCMC, PYS, Culture Kings. plus it sat a few days at YCMC.
Reebok classic provided as info on where the shoes r gonna release,
Reebok aint no joke, Reebok is the ****. lol

Im so disappointed, I dont even know what to say... 

I would pick these over 90% of my collection. They mean that much to me. 
frown.gif

I didnt get my confirmation email but i callled and they said my order went through and i will receive them, so if you got a order # you should be good
Man such BS got an email from Reebok stating that since i placed my order from overseas they will not fill it and my order number is not eligible even tho i used my NY address and my Chase credit card. Man i am so pissed especially cause ebay is raping people with the prices and i am def not paying $250+ for a $100 shoe. I guess i will have to get the black/white joints if they actually dont sell out like these

Pretty messed up that not a single store in the city were these shoes were made famous (and specifically this color way) got these shoes.

Im so disappointed, I dont even know what to say... 

I would pick these over 90% of my collection. They mean that much to me. 
frown.gif
I feel the same exact way. These are so dope, I'm grateful to luckily grab a pair. Crazy thing is...it's a reebok shoe and only 100 bucks, yet..I like these over many of my other sneaks including Jordans. However, I'm not feeling any of ther other kamikaze colorway. I need that hint of green on there, it really makes it an og feel associated with the seattle sonics, etc. 

So, what is there left to do ?  Take it up the *** on Ebay ? Keep monitoring this thread, hoping that someone re-stocks ?

Got my shipping notification from Rare Breed earlier today.  I had to cop an 11.5 and i'm usually a 12 in most shoes, i'm seeing some mixed opinions on how these fit so i'm just gonna have to see when they get here.  Still waiting on either a confirmation or cancellation email from Reebok.  If the Reebok order goes through i will probably sell one of these pairs for what i got in em.  I'll keep you guys updated if i can help somebody out. 

HotRod... Yea I hear ya, but thank you for even the thought. 

I'm not holding my breath, but if the situation arises where you have a 11.5 to get rid of, I'm definitely your guy...

Thanks again.

Last edited:
HotRod... Yea I hear ya, but thank you for even the thought. 

I'm not holding my breath, but if the situation arises where you have a 11.5 to get rid of, I'm definitely your guy...

Thanks again.
No problem man, as soon as i know whats up i will pass along the info either way. 

Back
Top Bottom