Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

I find myself saddened that I'm resorting to fulfilling my needs with brons....hahahah =)

laugh.gif
I'm right with you. But these are nice. Maybe bc they resemble the Dark Knights
grin.gif

i wear my 9s religiously this past week and the insole logo doesnt rub off.

It will only rub off if your feet is warm or hot or you got those socks that be stickin to anythin.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Those black 3Ms will be had when they hit the outlets. Just like the 3x VIIIs 
x2...maybe 3.  Wish I had a third pair of 8's.

Smh if my outlet had more those 3x blacks I would have done the same. The comfort is damn near unfair 
sick.gif
sick.gif

Gotta give those IXs a go on the court this weekend.

i just got my scarface/home pair from eastbay... (jump on em now because by the time they lift the coupon restriction, they'll only have sz 14-15 left)

imagefromurl

they're pretty dope but the shoe seems really flimsy with all this flywire on it. cheap ++% material yet the shoe has a $170 price tag. pretty lame.
also, anyone know why they fit so damn tight?? im already a 13 and i've been a 13 for half my life. im 29 yrs old and my foot is NOT getting bigger!! I DO NOT want to return these and go up to 13.5 (i dont even think i can find a 13.5 in the MN's or CANONS) eastbay says nothing about this in the sizing area. they actually recommend to buy your real size as they say these are a true fit....
indifferent.gif
does anyone whos worn them a few times know if they stretch/open/break in??? because the way im feeling right now, i dont think i would be able to wear these or walk in them (let alone play ball) for a long period of time. smh, i dont know why these feel so rugged inside but the 8's are so damn comfy. i'm a little disappointed to say the least.

^ Yeah I'm a 13 too and when I get the Cannons I'm copping a 13.5, I don't really mind because the shoes don't reall look that huge in person. 

Originally Posted by never wear them

Gave these a run on the court... Pretty sure most of y'all in here don't even care how they perform
laugh.gif
but they def beat the 8s and 7s when it comes to performance. Is that saying much for you guys?

6374051523_06dbd9cb24.jpg

Best colorway IMO.
My favorite retail color so far. I've played in mine a couple of times and really like them once the heel max breaks in. Takes a couple of wearings, which is too bad since the first wearing was a bit painful on my knees...

Originally Posted by rhester

^ Yeah I'm a 13 too and when I get the Cannons I'm copping a 13.5, I don't really mind because the shoes don't reall look that huge in person. 
damn it. i really dont wanna have to go thru the exchange process. the left foot feels pretty nice and comfy but the right foot has my toes pinned up against the front of the shoe.. it feels like my toes are going to pierce through the sneaker. i am hoping they will stretch out/break in. these are performance shoes, after all... they should mold to your foot.

Ok, so I decided that now instead of only copping one colorway (China's), I will copp the 3 dopest colorways (they are in this order), the China's, Scarface (everyone is super sleepin on these) and Miami Nights (I just converted after this weekend! Lol!).  My goodness this shoe is super light but yet so much cushion!  By the way which colorway is considered the "South Beach" of the Lebron 9's?

Originally Posted by THEJISBACK

Ok, so I decided that now instead of only copping one colorway (China's), I will copp the 3 dopest colorways (they are in this order), the China's, Scarface (everyone is super sleepin on these) and Miami Nights (I just converted after this weekend! Lol!).  My goodness this shoe is super light but yet so much cushion!  By the way which colorway is considered the "South Beach" of the Lebron 9's?
I really don't think there's been one true "South Beach" of the 9s so far. The top 3 candidates so far are probably Chinas, Miami Nights, and Cannons though. Those 3 seem to get the most love.

Nice pick up on the Chinas, Kinda regret not copping them after staring for a few days lol, glad someone in here got though

For those still looking, NT chicago had a sz 9 in the MN's on display, I'm sure they probably have more. Saw the OSU's in person and that made me like them a little more, maybe if they are discounted I will cop later down the road

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

dont own one pair yet, but I plan on buying two pairs
I remember reading somewhere that the WTT 9s were limited to 3 pairs total.. not 100% on that though
That's true. Jay-Z, Kanye, and Lebron. That's it.

Wow...misinformation all over the place...Maverick Carter also has a pair...(Jay-Z)1+(Kanye)1+(Lebron)1+(Maverick)1=3
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DFABIX

Gave these a run on the court... Pretty sure most of y'all in here don't even care how they perform
laugh.gif
I'm actually overly concerned about how they perform...
I purchased a pair of Cannons on a whim and peer pressure and wasn't even sure how these will be after playing in kobes for the last 4-6 years....
last brons I had were the 4's, which were awesome, but a bit heavy for my small frame over a period of time...

I'd love to hear a more detailed opinion on how the on court play is with these NWT.

Holla back.

Yo Fam.

Not sure what you really want to know about performance. I'll give it a shot. But I weigh 240 pounds and am a center, so slightly different needs to you
roll.gif

Traction (breds): 5/5 on the hardcourt

Traction (chinas): 3.5/5 on the hardcourt

Lockdown: 5/5. If done up firmly, your heel CANNOT lift.

Cushioning: I'd give it 6/5 if I could! I love the cushioning combo and can play for hours and not be too sore in the knees, even after lots of rebounds etc. Also seems really responsive.

Stability: 4.5/5. The shoe feels really stable (thanks to the awesome lockdown). Only thing is, I would have liked a slightly bigger lateral outrigger to protect the ankle from rolling out.

The only real negative with these shoes is that if I tie them all the way up without ankle guards on, the edge of the tongue kind of digs into my ankle. BUT. I wear ankle guards on both ankles, and so I don't feel it when I play.

Hrmmm. Let me know if you want any more detailed info. 
nerd.gif
eyes.gif
alien.gif

Sacramento Footlocker in Arden still had Miami Nights in a size 11 and Champs only got a size 14.

Originally Posted by si3n4

laugh.gif
but they def beat the 8s and 7s when it comes to performance. Is that saying much for you guys?

6374051523_06dbd9cb24.jpg

Best colorway IMO.
My favorite retail color so far. I've played in mine a couple of times and really like them once the heel max breaks in. Takes a couple of wearings, which is too bad since the first wearing was a bit painful on my knees...

Mini-review: I'm a true 5'11 ; weigh 190 Sz11 ; A shooter/shooting guard... Haven't missed a shot since 1998 (seriously...)

Traction - was nice. The Micro-little holes on the bottom def serves a purpose. I had no complaints what-so-ever... 9/10

Breathability - honestly... i can care less... I wear Elite socks and at times, 2 pairs of cotton socks... so i can't help you guys there. N/A

Movability - I, for one, love ankle freedom. I did feel some-what restricted. I couldn't really get the feel that i get with Kobes. These may not be best for PGs or slash type players. Not as high off the ground as the 8s and 7s. These are a lot to move in bc of that flywire, liking it.   8/10

Low profile - A lot better court feel than the 7s and 8s... I didn't get any use from the air max. Its just something that Nike enforced so that Lebron can eventually go back to "Zoom only" and not have it be looked as a drastic change when he does 
laugh.gif

grin.gif
      8/10

Every time I went in the paint, i def did get my shoe rubbed on. Something I'm not used to. The ankle padding is nice and bulky, which I actually liked.

Lockdown - I never tie up my kicks all the way to the top, but still didn't experience any heel slippage or any of that. Go half size up for sure if you wear thick/elite socks. I'll say 9/10

Cushioning - Gotta love that insole. The padding was nice. The Tongue was padded nicely so i felt protected all around. 10/10

Overall... I give it a 8.5ish-9 outta 10... 
pimp.gif
  (sorry if I was brief)

4 > 2 > 9 performance wise... well, from what i remember. 

some pics. They look good in jeans. They have that casual appeal for sure, better than the 8s for sure. 7s reign tho.  
6379774879_7aee855d33_z.jpg
6379765721_f5992742c1_z.jpg

6379762127_41617f7679_z.jpg

Taking these to the gym one more time.

* bonus... got my 2nd pair for $96 before tax... 
pimp.gif

Later fellas

Originally Posted by jca998

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

I remember reading somewhere that the WTT 9s were limited to 3 pairs total.. not 100% on that though
That's true. Jay-Z, Kanye, and Lebron. That's it.

Wow...misinformation all over the place...Maverick Carter also has a pair...(Jay-Z)1+(Kanye)1+(Lebron)1+(Maverick)1=3
laugh.gif
*shrugs* Guess I'll leave the info sharing to the high and mighty insiders then.......lol

Back
Top Bottom