Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by HUSTLIN ON YOU

How are the Lebron 9s for Indoor hooping? Decided to retire my Kobe VI since I sprained my ankle pretty bad last month. I need something with more ankle protection and was going to consider these or Hyperfuse. Thanks in advance

From what I'm reading there are 2 different types of soles one for indoor and one for outside not sure which is which tho

Originally Posted by dgoins1

How are the Lebron 9s for Indoor hooping? Decided to retire my Kobe VI since I sprained my ankle pretty bad last month. I need something with more ankle protection and was going to consider these or Hyperfuse. Thanks in advance

From what I'm reading there are 2 different types of soles one for indoor and one for outside not sure which is which tho

Ive read that the clear soles are  great for outdoors and the solid colored soles are great for indoor

not trying to start a war or anything, but you would have a higher chance in rolling your ankle in the lebron's... they're higher off the ground (that's what really matters, cut of the shoe doesn't) than kobe's or hyperfuse (cause of airmax).
so if you are really worried about your ankles, get the hyperfuse or other shoes that are low to the ground. 

Originally Posted by KenJi714

This dude and his packer gears

I say the same every page I see a pic with that green bday beanie. I hit page down quick as i can to bypass it. We get it... you have MN's and you like packers.
Some one needs to steal that beanie and burn it.

The hell does GB have to do with Lebron?

Might be the first time I use that block feature

just wanted to confirm..we have no pics of the $250 elites yet? thanks. need the dunkman colorway in the 9s but gotta make sure the elites arent a drop off in the looks category

Originally Posted by jst628

Originally Posted by sho3tym

Funny how all these guys are in Milwaukee...but I don't see you in the midwest forum.
i haven't been on here too long, don't really know anything about the midwest forum, mainly just lurk the nike/ss forums...
ohwell.gif
That Mid-west forum gets bumped like 1x every 4 weeks. And usually, you're the one to do it 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

Originally Posted by dgoins1

Ive read that the clear soles are  great for outdoors and the solid colored soles are great for indoor

In my opinion as a player, the Lebron 9s provide excellent ankle support (I wear ankle braces with mine as I've just sprained my ankle too). But even without the braces the Lebron 9s feel alot more stable and supportive than the Kobe VIs.

I know all the arguments about lows vs mids or lows vs highs... But IMHO highs are really the way to go once you've rolled your ankle once. Once you've rolled it there's a much higher chance of rolling it again. Pick up the Lebron 9s and some ankle guards and you will feel stronger and more confident on the court. As a side note, it's interesting that the new Kobe VII's have some "ankle support".

As for the grip, the clear soles (on my chinas) feel slippery indoors, but the normal soles (on my breds) feel great indoors. Lots of grip even though there is no ''squeek''.

Hope that''s been somewhat helpful!

Originally Posted by al3x89

not trying to start a war or anything, but you would have a higher chance in rolling your ankle in the lebron's... they're higher off the ground (that's what really matters, cut of the shoe doesn't) than kobe's or hyperfuse (cause of airmax).
so if you are really worried about your ankles, get the hyperfuse or other shoes that are low to the ground. 

I don't agree with this at all. I tried to buy into the lower to the ground, less chance of rolling your ankle but so far I've rolled my ankle more in Kobes (I, IV and V) then I have with shoes like the Lebron 8. I like the feeling of having some sort of support on my ankle to give me feedback when my ankle is about to roll. I find with low cut Kobes and even the Lebron 7 PS, I didn't get the ankle feedback. Plus I like Lebrons for playing because they have more cushioning. I've played for hours in the Lebron 8 ( 3 versions) and my knees would feel alright while the years before when I would do that in Kobes, my knees would be super sore.

just missed out on the IIIs so i copped the cannons off citysole to ease the pain & make sure i dont miss out on these. to people who own the shoe... is it worth the price?

Originally Posted by Young Street86

Originally Posted by jst628

Originally Posted by sho3tym

Funny how all these guys are in Milwaukee...but I don't see you in the midwest forum.
i haven't been on here too long, don't really know anything about the midwest forum, mainly just lurk the nike/ss forums...
ohwell.gif
That Mid-west forum gets bumped like 1x every 4 weeks. And usually, you're the one to do it 
laugh.gif
true

that packers stuff lol. I saw it with the cannons and I'm like I'm going to let that slide because it has some colors of cannons in it. But damn this one, has nothing to do with those colors and now you just showing that you like packers. He's like i don't care I'm representing my team lol

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by al3x89

I don't agree with this at all. I tried to buy into the lower to the ground, less chance of rolling your ankle but so far I've rolled my ankle more in Kobes (I, IV and V) then I have with shoes like the Lebron 8. I like the feeling of having some sort of support on my ankle to give me feedback when my ankle is about to roll. I find with low cut Kobes and even the Lebron 7 PS, I didn't get the ankle feedback. Plus I like Lebrons for playing because they have more cushioning. I've played for hours in the Lebron 8 ( 3 versions) and my knees would feel alright while the years before when I would do that in Kobes, my knees would be super sore.
Agreed... 
The point is some people have weaker ankles than others and not to say frail.  Just not as strong.  Some shoes having the more profound outriggers really do help from rolling and the ankle rolling is simply from turning the ankle.

You step on someone's foot.. an outrigger hi from the ground or low to the ground aint helping.  You are rolling it.

Not sure if anyone has ever seen dudes land FLAT on their feet and their ankle just turned.  Mine has done that and its from having rolled my ankle alot coming up.  It just happens sometimes.

these washed ashore from ISS user: PKin201NJ via the EAST River

sorry no packers gear
go pack go

Back
Top Bottom