Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by muzikfrk75

Originally Posted by Rocket

Originally Posted by OneManDeep

I have to admit, out of all the nba players ever to drop a shoe.. lebron has one of the best. He has many Hot colorways, many series, and actual limited releases. I wonder if we will be looking at a real JB like line of shoes. maybe one day we'll be the ones young sneakerheads look at and say "oh he got the OG lebrons"

I was actually thinking the same thing the other day. 
I think so...they could drop the South Beaches on Black Friday 2018 and people would go nuts
The thought of that is hilarious for some reason
roll.gif
! retro lebron SB outsells jordan  retro 16

I think it's obvious that Lebrons will outsell Retro Jordans within under 10 years...

Eventually, they're gonna run out of 1-14 Jordans to drop, and after that, the only hot ones are the 16s, 17s, and 21s...

I think the success of Retro Lebrons 1-6 depends on how they market them and what Retro+ Colorways they do...And if they get the hybrid treatment like Penny.

Originally Posted by BronLe

I think it's obvious that Lebrons will outsell Retro Jordans within under 10 years...

Eventually, they're gonna run out of 1-14 Jordans to drop, and after that, the only hot ones are the 16s, 17s, and 21s...

I think the success of Retro Lebrons 1-6 depends on how they market them and what Retro+ Colorways they do...And if they get the hybrid treatment like Penny.

exactly. thats why i said jordan 16. this year we have the 10s, i think the only number left that hasn't had its own year to shine may be the 8s.. they had 2007 for a little while but thats all really. 

Anyone use their pairs to actually ball? Did you go up half a size or a whole size?

::EDIT::

I wear ankle braces as well, should I go up a whole size?

Originally Posted by thisizdray

Gone for a few days and I miss a restock of the Miami nights, and to top it off on swoosh FML

I'm with you man 
laugh.gif
frown.gif
.  I just can't do $180 on them right now, so that $102 price tag hurt my soul when I saw "out of stock."  Hoping they have a restock, or even a small one, so I can get a pair
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Anyone use their pairs to actually ball? Did you go up half a size or a whole size?

I hoop in my kentuckys and breds all the time. It's all I've hooped in since I got them and I went true to size and I double sock every time. The first few times with my UK's it was really tight with the double socks no ankle braces but now it feels regular. I enjoy them being a tight fitting but it's not a tight uncomftorable feeling. Just feels right with the lockdown feel to me.

Hooped in them once last week for my league game. Didn't get a chance to break them in before the game so these came straight from the box to the gym. These do fit about .25 to .5 size small so I would probably size up if I were you 10 Piece Nuggets.

Finally got the Freegums. I thought it was great when the pics surfaced but they are even better in person.

6671739727_ec1a748495.jpg

6671752453_025014acfb.jpg

@OneManDeep, I don't think you can honestly compare the OG 1 to the AZG.

That's a debate for a whole different thread though.

Nice speckle job. Hilarious to me that if you google Lebron 9 Black history month nothing but your custom pics of your black and gold 9's you made pop up. Good job again on those.

Wonder if your freegum with speckle bubble take off like those.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

thanks. it was dying for more red on them.

u used angelus ? what proportion of paint to acetone did u mix ? also did u use a toothbrush ? if u dont mind sharing your craft...lol 
eyes.gif

Me and my friend were discussing lace changes on the Freegums and it somehow ended up on how it would look with the patterned laces. He sketched them up real quick, and this is how they turned up.

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

Nice speckle job. Hilarious to me that if you google Lebron 9 Black history month nothing but your custom pics of your black and gold 9's you made pop up. Good job again on those.

Thanks again B. Nah I'm just doing it for the community
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Maybe inspire others to spice up their kicks as others have inspired me with their work.

Originally Posted by Fresh Money

u used angelus ? what proportion of paint to acetone did u mix ? also did u use a toothbrush ? if u dont mind sharing your craft...lol 
eyes.gif

Yeah it's Angelus. I used it straight outta the bottle lol Not sure if I'm suppose to mix something else to it, but whatevs. It does peel off after it dries if you pick at it though. Not sure how durable it is. Not really worried about that.
I found a tool in my garage that works better than a toothbrush or small brush that I tried. Still gotta practice some more, it looks like splatter more than speckles that you see on other IXs. Happy with the results tho. Try it out yourself it's almost error proof.

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

Thanks again B. Nah I'm just doing it for the community
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Maybe inspire others to spice up their kicks as others have inspired me with their work.

Originally Posted by Fresh Money

eyes.gif

Yeah it's Angelus. I used it straight outta the bottle lol Not sure if I'm suppose to mix something else to it, but whatevs. It does peel off after it dries if you pick at it though. Not sure how durable it is. Not really worried about that.
I found a tool in my garage that works better than a toothbrush or small brush that I tried. Still gotta practice some more, it looks like splatter more than speckles that you see on other IXs. Happy with the results tho. Try it out yourself it's almost error proof.
thats awesome...mixing it with acetone allows it to be thicker and makes it harder to come off if im not mistaken...ill be doing a speckled red midsole on my pair....exactly what you did but in the black part..... ill post pics once im done....thankss for sharing the photos....i wish i had the special box like you do 
pimp.gif

I got the regular white box
laugh.gif
Yeah the paint is thin. But not a big deal. I can remove it and repaint if it chips. I wanted to try it on the midsole too but it will be a pain if I messed up and need to remove the paint. Air unit is plain so I just went with that. Post pics when ur done.

I got the regular white box
laugh.gif
Yeah the paint is thin. But not a big deal. I can remove it and repaint if it chips. I wanted to try it on the midsole too but it will be a pain if I messed up and need to remove the paint. Air unit is plain so I just went with that. Post pics when ur done.
hahaha looks like special box in the photos, but its the paper...i will deff post pics once my pair and red paint comes in....this will be my first time trying to customize a lebron...lets hope i do a decent job LOL
cool idea to frame the paper....might trace it and then do a white special box.. HAHAH
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

shoot man, if you wear ankle braces you should test fit a pair in store just to get a feel how it would be. i DEF would at least go half a size up. 

Back
Top Bottom