Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

30t6p3b.gif
at buying Mangos because of the 'limited' moniker. I hope these backfire for resellers like the Sprites. Mangos are a no go for me. The tin foil lining kills the concept. 

unfortunately nothing can ever really "backfire" on a reseller, worst case if they can't sell for profit they can just return them to the store

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Shoutout to the dude who was trying to hook me up with Swingmans for retail. I'm not gonna put him on blast like that but its good to know that there are some truly good people still on this message board.

SMH at all the kids who jumped on the bandwagon after the South Beaches dropped. Where were you when the AZG were being called boots. Where were you when the IVs was the most polarized sneaker at the time in terms of public interest. And when the "Dunkman" colorway used to be exclusive and we salivated over PE pics of them. Sigh, those are the good old days.
Those days are definitely gone 
laugh.gif
 But it is good to see honest dudes still on this board. 

Originally Posted by yankeesking92

I finally saw the big bangs in person, maybe it's just me but I think they're ugly and if it weren't for the hype not many people would like them.
If you do like them though and got them, hey do you. Swingmans are a beauty though!

I couldnt agree more!

i had two promo codes from the day big bangs dropped early on NDC

so i order swingmans with one code then mango's with another code to make sure i get both... then as im falling asleep im like wait i could have just used one. ill call tomorrow.

i called ndc to see if i can consolidate my order into one, they couldnt for obvious reasons. so im like aight w.e hang up.

i see eastbay has swingmans backordered so i ordered a pair, call ndc back and want to cancel my swingman order

they tell me to hold on i guess a manger comes on and says here's what ill do ill give you another code, if you keep both you orders.... Me: DEAL.
pimp.gif

Swingmans and Mangos for 153 shipped each
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Shoutout to the dude who was trying to hook me up with Swingmans for retail. I'm not gonna put him on blast like that but its good to know that there are some truly good people still on this message board.

SMH at all the kids who jumped on the bandwagon after the South Beaches dropped. Where were you when the AZG were being called boots. Where were you when the IVs was the most polarized sneaker at the time in terms of public interest. And when the "Dunkman" colorway used to be exclusive and we salivated over PE pics of them. Sigh, those are the good old days.
Those days are definitely gone 
laugh.gif
 But it is good to see honest dudes still on this board. 

I can run to the store and grab you guys some cookies if you want. Bottom line, the Lebron line wasn't appealing to many, myself included, until around the VII-VIII. I still think the line was trash pre-VII and I'll stand buy that. They've done an excellent job since, by producing great looking models and excellent colorways. The purpose of these brands is to grow, and Nike is doing exactly that.

Originally Posted by Weatherman

The only criticism I'm not understanding about the halo/non-halo Dunkmans is people saying they look "off" without the halo. Hasn't the Dunkman logo always been that way?

I'm under the assumption that it was simply an error on Nike's end. The halo makes sense with the Swingman, because that's the path of the bat. But what's the halo Dunkman supposed to be, some sort of crazy windmill dunk?

LOL, looks off with the halo. People r stupid. The halo was never a part of the Dunkman logo and now people say it looks off. That is comedy to me. The Swingman's deserve the halo cuz of the tribute color etc., but the Dunkman colorway is best without the halo. Check last year's Dunkman, no halo.

Thinking of getting a friend to paint the black swoosh on the DM green and throw in my DM8 laces in these. Hmmmmm

Dunkmans look nice in that last pic with the alternate laces.

Think I'm good with Lebron 9's unless a surprise colorway pops up or we get an MVP/Scoring champ colorway.

Originally Posted by AirNoel2345

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

So what is the general consensus about the dunkmans with/without halos, which do you guys like more? Not that it matters, just curious
looks good with it, but i guess just already use to the regular dunkman... so it gives it that fake vibe. kinda like JB throwin a halo on the jumpman in the next model. But it really doesnt matter to me. Im happy with em even if i cant swap out at another footlocker 
pimp.gif
Without is better IMO
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sneakermane

My homie sent me this pic. Dunkmans with Neon laces.....Done deal!
smokin.gif
As soon as my pair arrives from NDC the black laces will be in
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

F**K! my local spot only had swingmans! all i want is those dunkmans ugh

to ease the pain a bit i finally got home to see these
pimp.gif

Went and saw the Dunkman in person today and I'm just not feeling them. I'm salty because I was looking out to get those ever since the first pictures started popping up. The Mangos did look better in person but I still would pass on those as well.

Originally Posted by brewcrew17

pimp.gif
I called them this morning as well.

I don't know of any place around here that got DM's...

Originally Posted by sho3tym

pimp.gif

dang i only looked at southridge tho.. im assuming you already asked mayfair too? 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by jeff3424

30t6p3b.gif
at buying Mangos because of the 'limited' moniker. I hope these backfire for resellers like the Sprites. Mangos are a no go for me. The tin foil lining kills the concept. 

unfortunately nothing can ever really "backfire" on a reseller, worst case if they can't sell for profit they can just return them to the store
^ That's only true if they return the shoe within 30 days. So yes things can back fire on a reseller.

Screw UPS! Package has arrived in town but won't be delivered until Monday, and I can't go pick it up. I'm all for patience, but c'mon son! Ridiculous.

sneakermane wrote:

I was in disbelief. A local DTLR opened up claiming they had less than 10 pairs. The Hell?!
Employees must of went thru the stock. Plus the line was filled with kids that should of been in school talking bout they only there to flip. We don't care what size we get.
30t6p3b.gif

I could of bought the last pair which was a size 10. But I told the homie behind me that needed a size 11 that he can have that 10 & I bounced.
Did that happen to be DTLR out Columbia Mall? 

Originally Posted by sho3tym

pimp.gif

dang i only looked at southridge tho.. im assuming you already asked mayfair too? 
ohwell.gif

Only place I didn't try was Footaction Mayfair...

Originally Posted by Joulze

30t6p3b.gif

^ That's only true if they return the shoe within 30 days. So yes things can back fire on a reseller.
well if they have half a brain they'd return within 30 days if they can't sell them over retail.....that 30 day window might be true for in-store purchases, but for online buyers Eastbay's return policy is 90 days and I don't even think Nike.com has a specified time frame, as long as the items are still in new condition they'll accept the return (I just returned a pair of golf shoes that I bought last April, got a full refund no questions asked).... It's nice to think that these clowns trying to sell Dunkmans for $300 will end up getting stuck with 25 pairs taking up space in their bedroom for the next year, but the reality is their "investment" (I put that in quotes only because 90% of resellers honestly think they're business savvy entrepreneurs) is pretty much risk-free

Originally Posted by Joulze

well if they have half a brain they'd return within 30 days if they can't sell them over retail.....that 30 day window might be true for in-store purchases, but for online buyers Eastbay's return policy is 90 days and I don't even think Nike.com has a specified time frame, as long as the items are still in new condition they'll accept the return (I just returned a pair of golf shoes that I bought last April, got a full refund no questions asked).... It's nice to think that these clowns trying to sell Dunkmans for $300 will end up getting stuck with 25 pairs taking up space in their bedroom for the next year, but the reality is their "investment" (I put that in quotes only because 90% of resellers honestly think they're business savvy entrepreneurs) is pretty much risk-free
Well that guy a few pages back with the craigslist post is going to need a truck to take back all of those Swingmans, Dunkmans, and Mangos, that are still available at a bunch of spots then
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom