Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Cop a pair of cgs for retail but I didn't want to chance it and underestimate other's buying power and miss out on them. Alot of dead space for most sneakerheads who are passing on the stealths and slhs of which I will cop both of. April 20th or 21st whichever u decide but imo the cgs are very underrated. Must cop

awsome blossomwrote:

Broke downs andgrabbed the swingman's
Still never saw them in person yet

You won't be disappointed
clip_image001.gif

Ijust got mine, and I hate to say it, but I actually am a little disappointed. I’veNEVER seen a shoe look so different in person from photos and videos -- atleast in terms of colour.

Ihadn’t seen them in person until I picked up the pair I ordered. Before Ibought them, I was concerned about the Green Abyss colour because I’m not a fanof teal. So I did my homework: I surveyed all the pics in this thread, andwatched a lot of youtube videos. And at least 90% of them looked royal blue,which is what I wanted. But in person – my pair looks quite greenish.

Don’tget me wrong, it’s still a nice shoe. And I know it’s called GREEN ABYSS! Ialso understand why they made it teal, because of Griffey and the Mariners. Andthere’s already been a royal-coloured IX in the Kentucky. So why make another one? I justwish they looked like the pics, that’s all.

Hasanyone else noticed this? I suppose it’s possible Nike made them in differentshades, depending when and where they were produced. But that’s a long-shot.

I guess there's something about that combination of colour and material that makes them look different in photos and videos than they do in person.

Originally Posted by The Connoisseur

awsome blossomwrote:

Broke downs andgrabbed the swingman's
Still never saw them in person yet

You won't be disappointed
clip_image001.gif

Ijust got mine, and I hate to say it, but I actually am a little disappointed. I’veNEVER seen a shoe look so different in person from photos and videos -- atleast in terms of colour.

Ihadn’t seen them in person until I picked up the pair I ordered. Before Ibought them, I was concerned about the Green Abyss colour because I’m not a fanof teal. So I did my homework: I surveyed all the pics in this thread, andwatched a lot of youtube videos. And at least 90% of them looked royal blue,which is what I wanted. But in person – my pair looks quite greenish.

Don’tget me wrong, it’s still a nice shoe. And I know it’s called GREEN ABYSS! Ialso understand why they made it teal, because of Griffey and the Mariners. Andthere’s already been a royal-coloured IX in the Kentucky. So why make another one? I justwish they looked like the pics, that’s all.

Hasanyone else noticed this? I suppose it’s possible Nike made them in differentshades, depending when and where they were produced. But that’s a long-shot.

I guess there's something about that combination of colour and material that makes them look different in photos and videos than they do in person.

But they did look teal in some pictures, and you gave a whole bunch of reasoning exactly why they shouldn't have been a royal blue, which clearly wasn't what they were going for in the first place. People in video reviews also said that the color changed a bit depending on the lighting, which is why some people liked them in the first place. If you wanted royal blue, just get Kentuckys or ID a pair. For the amount of research that you said you did, I don't know why you expected a royal blue shoe.
nike-lebron-9-swingman.jpg

Nike-LeBron-9-Swingman-Detailed-Look-7-600x600.jpeg

nike-lebron-ix-9-swingman-03_1.jpg

The LBJ 9 has quickly become one of my favorite sneakers I wish I still felt that way about JB but oh well life goes on I suppose.
I was bored and wanted to know how Freegums would look like with black laces they're ok but I'll stick with the whites what do you guys think?

Originally Posted by Uptempo81

The LBJ 9 has quickly become one of my favorite sneakers I wish I still felt that way about JB but oh well life goes on I suppose.
I was bored and wanted to know how Freegums would look like with black laces they're ok but I'll stick with the whites what do you guys think?

White laces look better for me.

http://wayne141.niketalk.yuku.com/

Wayne 141 Wrote:

But they did lookteal in some pictures, and you gave a whole bunch of reasoning exactly why theyshouldn't have been a royal blue, which clearly wasn't what they were going forin the first place. People in video reviews also said that the color changed abit depending on the lighting, which is why some people liked them in the firstplace. If you wanted royal blue, just get Kentuckys or ID a pair. For the amount ofresearch that you said you did, I don't know why you expected a royal blue shoe.

Of course I saw afew teal pics, and heard the occasional person say they look lighter in person. But like I say, the majority of buyers, pics and videos suggestedthey were darker. So I went with the majority. If you feel like it, go aheadand scroll through the pics on this board, and watch a bunch of youtube videos,you’ll see what I mean. And the photos you posted are studio shots, whichusually aren’t the best indication of what a shoe really looks like. At leastthey're not usually as accurate as amateur shots.

Just because Iunderstand the reasons for the colour teal, doesn’t mean I have to embrace them.I’m trying to give you my opinion IN SPITE of the reasons.

And it wouldn’thave hurt to have another royal pair. Just look at how many grey-based Lebron IXsthere are. If the Swings looked like they do in most pics, I think they wouldbe hands-down the best IX. As it stands, they still look very good and I considerthem among the top five.

More thananything, as a person who follows the shoe game, I find it interesting that sucha colour discrepancy exists.

And I also wantedto make it clear to people who are still interested in the Swings, and haven’tseen them yet, what they really look like in person. I don’t think there’s anyharm in that.

Originally Posted by TheLostMan

Originally Posted by mrlongong

Originally Posted by Magic1978

No it won't, because anyway you cut it, he went to Miami.

Does anyone think more of the Kobe kicks he won rings with?

Mike is the only one who has playoffs, last shots...every other sneaker line has been a clone. Mike has memories attached to his sneakers. He didn't have to release a playoff line. You knew in June what he was going to do, June was his. With Lebron, you hope. Everything Mike did was authentic and natural, because he was the original. Everything after has been a clone, a copy.

The only ones who would say Lebron's or Kobe's lines would come anywhere close or mean as much as Jordan's are people not old enough to remember the impact Jordan had on the entire basketball and sneaker culture. Jordan was Rakim, Lebron's A$ap Rocky.
that whole post >>>
but that last line though is quoted for truth.
I agree. Plus I feel like it gives us less to connect to when they release so many colorways of each shoe. These special colorways makes it harder for us to appreciate the kicks he actually wears from game to game
roll.gif
@ Rakim/ASAP Rocky comparison

ah dios mio....
roll.gif

^Wayne's post made sense. Yours just looks like you're upset over not receiving a pair that has endlessly been discussed as having different hues depending on the light source. (If you looked through this thread, you'd know.) You even stated it yourself, studio shots indicated a different shade. What did you expect? Simply put. You gave too much reasoning to contradict why you thought they'd be blue at all times. There is no color discrepancy. The only discrepancy is why you bought a pair thinking it would be a particular color all while having unlimited resources that indicate otherwise...

I bought my pairs fully knowing they looked different in certain settings and that is probably why they are my favorite IX...

The concept of the SLH is nice, but at the end of the day, I couldn't pull them off in any event, so I'll pass; I only buy what I'll wear.

Originally Posted by sniper

SLHs, both low and mid, still look really femme' to me...
As do South Beach 8s in all honesty... Oh well, to each their own.  I personally dig the SLH low more than the high, but I may just grab both.  To me , SLH 9 >>> SLH 8.

edit: guess it is slh low. Pass on all lows for me. waiting on my swingmans and I should be done with the 9 unless I find freegums in the outlets.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Originally Posted by sniper

SLHs, both low and mid, still look really femme' to me...
As do South Beach 8s in all honesty... Oh well, to each their own.  I personally dig the SLH low more than the high, but I may just grab both.  To me , SLH 9 >>> SLH 8.
I can somewhat agree with that, but the addition of black accents can completely change a shoe. If the midsole of the SLH low was black, I'd probably consider a pair. As for now, you guys can gladly scoop those up as I'll be passing...
To me, SLH 6 > SLH 8 > SLH 7 > SLH 9

I can see old people with jogging suits wearing the lebron 9 lows. And to the person who posted something about it is what lebron do while wearing the shoes, you are thinking too much into the Jordan brand. Lebron doesn't have to do anything but play in them to make we want to get them. Some people buy Jordan shoes just because he accomplished something while wearing that shoe. Thats cool and all

Sniper wrote:

Yours just looks like you're upset over notreceiving a pair that has endlessly been discussed as having different huesdepending on the light source. (If you looked through this thread, you'd know.)You even stated it yourself, studio shots indicated a different shade. What didyou expect? Simply put. You gave too much reasoning to contradict why youthought they'd be blue at all times. There is no color discrepancy. The onlydiscrepancy is why you bought a pair thinking it would be a particular color allwhile having unlimited resources that indicate otherwise...

So if you polledten people on a particular issue and seven told you one thing, you’d make yourdecision based on what the other three said? I was just playing a numbers game,that’s all.

No one’s upset……Ionly said I was A BIT disappointed. I have the right to feel that way, don’t I?I certainly don’t think my post was *****y or whiny.

And I only acknowledgedthe arguments for teal to show that I understand them. Recognizing something,and believing something else, doesn’t mean I’m contradicting myself. It only meansI understand a different point of view. There doesn’t have to be a right andwrong….. or black and white…….there are usually shades of grey in between…..oreven shades of blue and teal! But sometimes those are hard to recognize forthose of us with impaired vision!
tongue.gif

To the dude who thought the Swingman's might be royal. I don't know what u were looking at bcuz they clearly didnt look royal. Navy? I can see that, but royal, not a chance. Anyway, if a shoe is described as green abyss, I would lean towards that as being the color. Many people described the shoe, along with endless pix. So, when I received mine I wasn't surprised at the green tint.

Sniper wrote:

Yours just looks like you're upset over notreceiving a pair that has endlessly been discussed as having different huesdepending on the light source. (If you looked through this thread, you'd know.)You even stated it yourself, studio shots indicated a different shade. What didyou expect? Simply put. You gave too much reasoning to contradict why youthought they'd be blue at all times. There is no color discrepancy. The onlydiscrepancy is why you bought a pair thinking it would be a particular color allwhile having unlimited resources that indicate otherwise...

So if you polledten people on a particular issue and seven told you one thing, you’d make yourdecision based on what the other three said? I was just playing a numbers game,that’s all.

No one’s upset……Ionly said I was A BIT disappointed. I have the right to feel that way, don’t I?I certainly don’t think my post was *****y or whiny.

And I only acknowledgedthe arguments for teal to show that I understand them. Recognizing something,and believing something else, doesn’t mean I’m contradicting myself. It only meansI understand a different point of view. There doesn’t have to be a right andwrong….. or black and white…….there are usually shades of grey in between…..oreven shades of blue and teal! But sometimes those are hard to recognize forthose of us with impaired vision!
tongue.gif

If 70% said these were blue at all times, you'd have a case. However, that's not what I got from having an overview of this thread...
You can feel however you want to feel, but understand you had plenty of resources to know what you were purchasing and by your reasoning, how could you not know what you were receiving? Be disappointed in yourself. Not what you assumed from others...

Please refer to a dictionary or thesaurus as you certainly are contradicting yourself. [con·tra·dict: Assert the opposite of a statement made by (someone).] You admittedly recognized and visually saw different variations of the Swingman colorway yet you bought a pair believing they'd be blue at all times. We can either stick with this being a contradiction or you as delusional. Your choice...

As for impaired vision, that's a case-by-case basis further making your point invalid. Why would you then take advice from this and consciously order a pair if you understand this circumstance? 

Wayne 141 Wrote:

But they did lookteal in some pictures, and you gave a whole bunch of reasoning exactly why theyshouldn't have been a royal blue, which clearly wasn't what they were going forin the first place. People in video reviews also said that the color changed abit depending on the lighting, which is why some people liked them in the firstplace. If you wanted royal blue, just get Kentuckys or ID a pair. For the amount ofresearch that you said you did, I don't know why you expected a royal blue shoe.

Of course I saw afew teal pics, and heard the occasional person say they look lighter in person. But like I say, the majority of buyers, pics and videos suggestedthey were darker. So I went with the majority. If you feel like it, go aheadand scroll through the pics on this board, and watch a bunch of youtube videos,you’ll see what I mean. And the photos you posted are studio shots, whichusually aren’t the best indication of what a shoe really looks like. At leastthey're not usually as accurate as amateur shots.

Just because Iunderstand the reasons for the colour teal, doesn’t mean I have to embrace them.I’m trying to give you my opinion IN SPITE of the reasons.

And it wouldn’thave hurt to have another royal pair. Just look at how many grey-based Lebron IXsthere are. If the Swings looked like they do in most pics, I think they wouldbe hands-down the best IX. As it stands, they still look very good and I considerthem among the top five.

More thananything, as a person who follows the shoe game, I find it interesting that sucha colour discrepancy exists.

And I also wantedto make it clear to people who are still interested in the Swings, and haven’tseen them yet, what they really look like in person. I don’t think there’s anyharm in that.

I appreciate your concern for others spending but maybe you should just return your pair and cop UK's or something. Seems your research was all for not.

Back
Top Bottom