Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by gentry187

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Originally Posted by hoophead21

Exactly how I feel..
Whats more exclusive than designing your own shoe on Nike ID? Some people can't be satisfied.

QFT!

It just doesn't end.  
roll.gif

The 9 is gonna get all my sneaker money just like the 8 did.  Depending on how it plays out, this should be fun. 

Loving the blue on those Chinas, and they will be copped, but HWC will be the first thing ID'd.  Anxious to see the options that will be available. 

I see the bred is gonna be slept on again.

Originally Posted by johngotty

Not sure if this info has been posted. If so, please excuse me but I did read back several pages.

"Available beginning October 1, the LEBRON 9 can be purchased at select retailers in Greater
China. The shoe debuts October 15 in the United States in a limited edition “Cannon

I'm not a huge ID fan.

I have one pair. (Christmas Kobe IV) Having what the player wears is the biggest perk of a signature line to me. Understandably there is some money to made with ID.

WOW Chinas, Cannons, College Colorways, NikeiD! This is what weve been asking for for a few years and finally get it! Can't Wait!!! Home and aways looking good to.

I really like the nikeid option for those that want it.  I would love if a shoe i liked that was coming out was going to hit NikeID

But i hate this shoe....and with the already high price tag i will not pay 200+ for an ided version of the shoe

Only chance i buy a lebron 9 model is if it is a performance beast and hits the outlets in a decent colorway.

So your telling me after YEARS AND YEARS of people begging for Lebrons to be on nike ID, and when they finally do it, people say he shouldn't do it, because it makes the exclusives not wanted?....wow you people...smh

I agree that sig lines shouldn't be on nikeID. Leave the work to the designers to come up with the colorblocking ideas. The 8 sold really well. Stick to the formula that sells, which is great design and excellent comfort and everything just falls into place. I think Nike knows that the design of the IX isn't great so they added it on ID to mask that so everyone will buy. Well at least have a time frame of how long it'll be up not a whole year or longer. If you're gonna have it on ID, might as well release 3 GR colorways (home,away, and ASG) ,none of the limited crap and have the ID up until the X drops. I can see all pink, green, purple, orange, teal, mango colorways here, all over ebay and sometimes nike outlets. Even the Kobe line is dropping so many colorways and it being on ID, that I'm getting turned off by. What's gonna be next down the road with the sig lines, have design contests with winner's design getting produced? Wait...it's already been done. I see a trend with Nike that's gonna be heading that path when Lebron retires.

/rant
*popcorn gif*

I see I'm in the minority but I think these shoes are amazing, from a design and technical aspect. And I've only copped one pair of Nike basketball (non-retro) kicks in the last few years

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

Not sure if this info has been posted. If so, please excuse me but I did read back several pages.

"Available beginning October 1, the LEBRON 9 can be purchased at select retailers in Greater
China. The shoe debuts October 15 in the United States in a limited edition “Cannon

Originally Posted by Gottips3

So your telling me after YEARS AND YEARS of people begging for Lebrons to be on nike ID, and when they finally do it, people say he shouldn't do it, because it makes the exclusives not wanted?....wow you people...smh

That's the resellers, hypebeasts, ppl that likes bright +%@ colorways doing the talking. The real sneaker heads don't fall for that non-sense.

So far the ID option has peaked interest for the non elite version. Hopefully the shoe actually performs cuz what is the point in dropping close to 200 for a glorified show piece.

Thanks bib10 for posting all these info and pics. Just wanted to say your work is much appreciated.

One thing I would've like on the breds is if it had a translucent red sole instead. Either way I'll be getting the breds. From the looks of it GRs are gonna be more exclusive since limited and IDs are gonna be everywhere.
laugh.gif

im not feeling this shoe...not because im a kobe fan but i like the 8's better. the look of the 8 was really good. these look like the hyperfuse to me idk why.

but i think this shoe is more of a better shoe to play with then the 8.

8>9 for the looks

9>8 for performance wise from what is seems

Coming from the 8's, the bar was set high IMO and I initially thought they were cut high. But by end of their run, I'd say they were the best shoe Nike dropped last year.

Furious Stylez wrote:
Nike Id?

worst news I've heard...takes that exclusive feel from it away

Exactly how I feel..

Nike ID...college collorways...a little too late for me. they should've done this with the 7 and 8 because this shoe is GARBAGE. an overpriced cheap material hyperfuse/flywire piece of vomit. enjoy copping these overinflated pieces of sh*t. nike loves taking your money.

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Originally Posted by hoophead21

Originally Posted by Furious Stylez

Nike Id?

worst news I've heard...takes that exclusive feel from it away

Exactly how I feel..

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Gym shoe
elitist? Not at all.  The whole Id move just seems like a cop out by Nike to generate more sales for a shoe that did not gain initial popularity strictly off design like the 8's did.

Here's a suggestion, make Nike Id a three period contest...everyone submits designs three different times out of the year.  A shoe gets picked by Lebron (or his team
eyes.gif
) to be sold.

read the unveiling and that's the most bromance i've read for a shoe interview lol.
pretty interested in seeing these in person and trying them out on court. as for nikeid, i hope the options look good. they're probably going to go for $190-$200 because they can. i just hope nike doesn't do this nikeid like 3 limited runs of and that's it, you know?
china's look alright but i'm eager to see the other limited cw's everyone will hate then eat up later lol.

nike id is a great thing...ask people who id'd the kobe vi how they feel about it. EVERYBODY wanted ID on the 8...now that the 9 has id...people dont want it?
laugh.gif

people complain about the "bland" bred, white/red colorways...ID option is the best way to get what you want as far as colorways and it gives people a chance to make those popular "metro" colorways that are popular these days.

[Kendrick Lamar] Hol' up! [/Kendrick Lamar]

Why the 8 gotta be the bastard child of the series. The 9 will get all the colors we've been wanting, plus ID?
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom