Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha was just about to post that. Glad you beat me to it though considering its your work! :tongue:

This.
If I'm gonna pay $270 + tax for a shoe (damn near $300) it isn't gonna be THAT colorway.
Nike is out of there damn mind hyping this subpar colorway. Even the LB IX Fireberries chillin in stock rooms. Aint nobody care for a gawd damn fireberry, zero ***** :smh:

These fires are my favorite color so far but I have to agree. 270 + limited. Nike isn't making me jump thru hoops to spend that

so after reading the info behind the crown jewel X+ and how it received its "nickname", what does any of it have to with Lebron????  Is it because he is "King" James, and Kings wear a crown??...If so, then why the 'Imperial State Crown', as opposed to any other crown lol?????  I just don't see any actual tie-in to Lebron at all... And all that to justify a $270 pink/purple shoe haha. One things for sure, Nike sure does know how to create quite the story for a CW to generate more hype and it seems people eat that **** up .

Last edited:
I still don't really get why people don't want Lebron south Beach colorways to continue :rolleyes I feel like the South beach colorway is one of those colorways we can anticipate and is also one of the colorways that defines his shoe line just like how Jordan uses the Sky blue/UNC Colorway to represent the time he spent there college or even the cool grey colorway. All theses shoes help to define his signature shoes line so why shouldn't we have a SB colorway or other colorways to define Lebron"s signature line???

I still don't really get why people don't want Lebron south Beach colorways to continue
eyes.gif
I feel like the South beach colorway is one of those colorways we can anticipate and is also one of the colorways that defines his shoe line just like how Jordan uses the Sky blue/UNC Colorway to represent the time he spent there college or even the cool grey colorway. All theses shoes help to define his signature shoes line so why shouldn't we have a SB colorway or other colorways to define Lebron"s signature line???
hmmm, when u put it that way, sb theme should stay. 

I assume this means all consumers of sneakers should wear payless and carry flip phones.

Ignore the newest tech or gadget that they like.

Maybe even drive a hoop because Nice is not anything to want.

Bruh. I grew up booty poor and want good things for my kids.  I give them what I didnt have and because I work hard for my money in all I do.. Dont I get to spend MY money on what I want?

Everyone has a reason for buying a shoe, a car, a phone, a pair of jeans or whatever that is over priced... but lets not be fooled.

The same pair of kicks that cost  $20 bucks to make wholesale by Nike New Balance and Adi is the same those same Companies are selling for $60 $140 and $270 because they can.

If Adi and Payless could sell a $270 shoe..... they would.

I wouldnt... and wont.. but then I dont have to.  but where it does pertain to me.... in a house, a suit, or any luxury item... who's to tell me Im sheep for buying it because I like it.

I still shop at TJ Maxx Ross and Marshall's but can spoil myself with nice crap too and not think twice...

Because I can.   I let the youngins live.. just like they let me live.  Why are so many others concerned with what others do with their chips is crazy to me. lol

Worse than government I tell ya lol

Nikedealer,

dont even waste your time addressing posts like that bro. just let it be.

and as of the nickename and story behind some of the Lebrons which they have now are ok but believe me they will hange , we will go off of what happens this season or when he wears them and what happens . like the Flu Games jordans werent originally the flu games until it happen in the game , how the space jams jordans would have never gotten that nickname have they had not been in that movie etc you guys get what im saying to by the time this retro or are HIGHLY sought after by our kids they will Most likely have a different nickname or meaning behind them

Not feeling the crown jewels or the cornball concept as well. I was a huge fan of the Bron 9's. Mainly because IMO the shoe looked great and was extremely comfortable as well. Just based on the these first colorways we've seen I would say this is starting to shape out to be an easy pass. There's just something about this shoe that doesn't sit right with me. Seems like they took the LB 8 Playoffs turned the swoosh around and amped it up with some steroids. Wasn't a big fan of the Playoff 8's either.

Last edited:
and as of the nickename and story behind some of the Lebrons which they have now are ok but believe me they will hange , we will go off of what happens this season or when he wears them and what happens . like the Flu Games jordans werent originally the flu games until it happen in the game , how the space jams jordans would have never gotten that nickname have they had not been in that movie etc you guys get what im saying to by the time this retro or are HIGHLY sought after by our kids they will Most likely have a different nickname or meaning behind them
The funny thing is tho.... I highly doubt you see lebron wearing these 'crown jewels' in a game or movie ect ect. Most of the released colorways of the Lebrons, Kobes, KDs, are never even worn on the court by them. If they are never worn on court by them how can a memory or a historical moment be created???

When shoes came out back in the day they didn't come with a nickname let alone a crazy story as to how they came up with the nickname. Shoes were given nicknames by us because of the moments and memories that they were apart of and created. Mike wore the 'flu game' 12s, in the playoffs, while obviously with the flu. Nike didn't pre-manufacture that name, us as the consumer created it because of the history it is attached to. Same thing with the 'space jam' 11s. Nowadays, Nike creates a story for colorways to try to generate a buzz and hype surrounding the product to make them more desirable.... I just find it comical at times that Nike throws 15-20 CWs on a these new models, gives em a nickname and a story, and people eat em up. There are some nice colorways and everybody has their own opinion and knows what they like, but a lot of these colorways do seem to sell out instantly based more off hype created then anything else.

Last edited:
Crown Jewel story is cool, nice history lesson, but agreed...what does it have to do with LeBron or the Heat or anything basketball related? The CW is ok, but I have been planning on the USA since I saw the gold medal game in August and this Crown Jewel CW, although maybe a bit different, isn't calling my name for ANOTHER $270 shoe. Like I said before, I think Nike was yankin chains releasing that 3 tier price point statement. Not that it's not true, but the wording was a touch misleading. Anyone else think so? :smh:

Crown Jewel story is cool, nice history lesson, but agreed...what does it have to do with LeBron or the Heat or anything basketball related? The CW is ok, but I have been planning on the USA since I saw the gold medal game in August and this Crown Jewel CW, although maybe a bit different, isn't calling my name for ANOTHER $270 shoe. Like I said before, I think Nike was yankin chains releasing that 3 tier price point statement. Not that it's not true, but the wording was a touch misleading. Anyone else think so?
mean.gif
agreed 100%.

that crown jewel story is not only irrelevant but stupid...........lebron doesnt have anything to do with the royal family

them joints are fireberry X's but nike knows that fireberry series was weak so now they are trying to cope with a unique story that has absolutely no relevance

that crown jewel story is not only irrelevant but stupid...........lebron doesnt have anything to do with the royal family
them joints are fireberry X's but nike knows that fireberry series was weak so now they are trying to cope with a unique story that has absolutely no relevance

I absolutely loved the Fireberry lows. I think the blue and the pink went together very well on the lows. One of my favorite shoes. I like the Fireberry Xs, but it is just too much Fireberry for me. They don't even look like the same color as the IX. I want to see a picture of the gold on the shoe. From the picture we have they are just too plain for me.

The Crown Jewel has relevance to the design inspiration for the entire shoe. LeBron X has a diamond design motif. So it connects up perfectly there. If you really wanted to play this out, you could say what does "Cutting Jade" and "Carbon" and any style have to do with LeBron specifically unless he spits inside the Zoom bag and you've got his DNA embedded in every shoe? What did a World War II fighter plane on the AJV have anything to do with Michael Jordan? What did a lawnmower and an airport on AJXI have to do specifically with MJ? You can go on and on and on. It's the design inspiration for a shoe model and in this particular case it's based on the diamond theme so you're going to see diamond CW stories, which makes sense. How you take the actual color and story after that is of course up to you and that's where you as the consumer can make your move, speak on what you like and dislike. But you can make some of these same arguments against the Air Jordan line and every other shoe in history on how connected are they really to the player if you wanted to pull that thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom