Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crown Jewel has relevance to the design inspiration for the entire shoe. LeBron X has a diamond design motif. So it connects up perfectly there. If you really wanted to play this out, you could say what does "Cutting Jade" and "Carbon" and any style have to do with LeBron specifically unless he spits inside the Zoom bag and you've got his DNA embedded in every shoe? What did a World War II fighter plane on the AJV have anything to do with Michael Jordan? What did a lawnmower and an airport on AJXI have to do specifically with MJ? You can go on and on and on. It's the design inspiration for a shoe model and in this particular case it's based on the diamond theme so you're going to see diamond CW stories, which makes sense. How you take the actual color and story after that is of course up to you and that's where you as the consumer can make your move, speak on what you like and dislike. But you can make some of these same arguments against the Air Jordan line and every other shoe in history on how connected are they really to the player if you wanted to pull that thread...

Dude, I just typed up a similar response using the Mustang fighter as an example of external inspiration, but you beat me to it! Seriously!

But you're right......inspiration can come from anywhere. It doesn't have to come from the athlete himself. 

Clearly Nike is pushing the jewel/diamond theme because of the tenth anniversary of the LBJ line, a dude who glosses himself the King and has always liked royal imagery. So I think it fits.

But they'll have to release some better colours if they want me to buy any of the X's at regular price!

Saw these on citysole, these are GS
bredz.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Now think of these with a jeweled swoosh and patent leather almost like material 
smile.gif

Dude, I just typed up a similar response using the Mustang fighter as an example of external inspiration, but you beat me to it! Seriously!
But you're right......inspiration can come from anywhere. It doesn't have to come from the athlete himself. 
Clearly Nike is pushing the jewel/diamond theme because of the tenth anniversary of the LBJ line, a dude who glosses himself the King and has always liked royal imagery. So I think it fits.
But they'll have to release some better colours if they want me to buy any of the X's at regular price!

Ha, no doubt.

Colorways, pricing and what you all want to see in the marketplace, that's up to you to push or vote with your wallet. We're not a retailer so we have no stake in that, not looking to push a style one way or the other outside of personal preference, and I personally don't care if a shoe blows out or tanks. That's not directly material to us. I just don't want to see people getting carried away here especially with an obvious example like the WW2 Mustang fighter everyone knows about on MJ's Air Jordan V and we could extend down that line of thought forever. As long as you have the full and accurate info, how you take it from there is your call.

I am going to be pissed if the gold medals are HOH and Nike towns only.

They are probably going to be. I called a lot of stores about the KD GM and the only place that said they were getting them is HOH. I called like 5 Champs, 5 Footlockers, a couple footactions, a couple Jimmy Jazz and Finishline. Not one place said they were getting the KDs. I would assume they aren't getting the LeBrons either.

QFT.
THE STORIES BEHIND THE SHOES ARE EXTRA CORNY.
JUST MAKE A HOT COLORWAY AND LET IT SPEAK FOR ITSELF.
LET US CUSTOMERS DUB THE SHOES OURSELVES.

The Crown Jewel has relevance to the design inspiration for the entire shoe. LeBron X has a diamond design motif. So it connects up perfectly there. If you really wanted to play this out, you could say what does "Cutting Jade" and "Carbon" and any style have to do with LeBron specifically unless he spits inside the Zoom bag and you've got his DNA embedded in every shoe? What did a World War II fighter plane on the AJV have anything to do with Michael Jordan? What did a lawnmower and an airport on AJXI have to do specifically with MJ? You can go on and on and on. It's the design inspiration for a shoe model and in this particular case it's based on the diamond theme so you're going to see diamond CW stories, which makes sense. How you take the actual color and story after that is of course up to you and that's where you as the consumer can make your move, speak on what you like and dislike. But you can make some of these same arguments against the Air Jordan line and every other shoe in history on how connected are they really to the player if you wanted to pull that thread...

Ok let me clarify a bit..I don't have a problem per se with the actual story that Nike has cooked up, or "true inspiration " if you will..but I think it's a little over the top to connect invisible dots.

The fighter plane as inspiration for the AJV? Yes definitely true...but Nike or MJ didn't have whole back story cooked up in order to push the shoe or a "limited" tag either. Just that a WWII fighter plane was inspiration for the midsole "sharktooth " design, I'm cool with that. Plus any other design cue that the Jordan line took from somewhere, be it his cars or dress shoes or whatever. I just don't think that they were ever marketed to that extent. A brief mention, then moving right along...

The 9 had "inspiration" stories as well, but I think they made more sense. Cannon was based on the training camp location, Miami Nights could be said to mirror Biscayne Bay like the Fly Wade 2EV and the MIami U...well self explanatory. Even the China had the "blue flame" thing going on with some Chinese dragon imagery on the tongue, but it was never pushed to that extent. No real problem with stories, but don't use that SOLEY to push the shoe...the shoe should do that itself.

The "Crown Jewel" is SUPER LIMITED and will have special packaging??? Does it really need all that? Probably not, I agree with MEMPH, let the shoe speak for itself, and I think the X has enough put into it that it can stand alone without "mystical pomp and circumstance" lol. :tongue:

Last edited:
and as of the nickename and story behind some of the Lebrons which they have now are ok but believe me they will hange , we will go off of what happens this season or when he wears them and what happens . like the Flu Games jordans werent originally the flu games until it happen in the game , how the space jams jordans would have never gotten that nickname have they had not been in that movie etc you guys get what im saying to by the time this retro or are HIGHLY sought after by our kids they will Most likely have a different nickname or meaning behind them
The funny thing is tho.... I highly doubt you see lebron wearing these 'crown jewels' in a game or movie ect ect. Most of the released colorways of the Lebrons, Kobes, KDs, are never even worn on the court by them. If they are never worn on court by them how can a memory or a historical moment be created???

When shoes came out back in the day they didn't come with a nickname let alone a crazy story as to how they came up with the nickname. Shoes were given nicknames by us because of the moments and memories that they were apart of and created. Mike wore the 'flu game' 12s, in the playoffs, while obviously with the flu. Nike didn't pre-manufacture that name, us as the consumer created it because of the history it is attached to. Same thing with the 'space jam' 11s. Nowadays, Nike creates a story for colorways to try to generate a buzz and hype surrounding the product to make them more desirable.... I just find it comical at times that Nike throws 15-20 CWs on a these new models, gives em a nickname and a story, and people eat em up. There are some nice colorways and everybody has their own opinion and knows what they like, but a lot of these colorways do seem to sell out instantly based more off hype created then anything else.

I agree with you about nike creating crazy names already for this kick before they even drop but also some of it is just rumors ppl come up with . lol Nowadays EVERY SHOE HAS TO HAVE A NICKNAME .so either Nike will do it or when ppl see it they will come up with it themselfs lol but the story behind the fireberries AKA Crown Jewel i believe is stupid and has nothing at all to do with lebron or his Shoe line at all :smh:

Those galaxy's would be sick if they dropped ... beasts are droolin' and rubbin their hands together .... dope looking shoe for real.

Nike new gimmickdats dat ish i dont like!!!! M prolly gona start collecting some of the x when the lebro xi drops..
Bought way more pairs than needed....

those Galaxy Xs with the black midsole were to drop i would copp they aere beautiful imagine them with lacelock and jewel swoosh :smokin :smokin :smokin

Im sitting this one out. LBJ 10 isnt for me.
Not feeling the shoes, colors and especially not feeling these prices.

I know exactly what you guys mean on everything being nicknamed and storied up these days but that's honestly how the market and industry evolved and you need to do those types of things now or else you're missing out on the marketing and storytelling opportunity which is free to do, so why not? I think the term "bred" is beyond stupid for years but I've even come to take that for what it is. Kids aren't sitting around saying "you got those black/varsity red-white Jordans?" In a mobile phone and twitter world, the shorthand becomes even more important. That's what people search for, reference to their friends, ask stores about. It's not only smart but it's just the logical progression of how the market has taken shape, both internal and external factors. Companies are stupid not to take advantage of that. This isn't going back to the 1980s or even 90s where there's only four or five colors released total in a shoe. You're grasping at the past when the entire market moved right past you. I do agree the real legit and long lasting authentic stories are told on court in true performance. You can't plan that, it just happens. You can't hang your hat on that as a company either. You can parse how artificial you feel a colorway story is, that's fair, it's your money. But I don't think this is ever going to go back to where you guys think you want it to be decades ago where everything was plain vanilla and you customized the entire story in your head. We're past that stage. Adapt to the new environment...

JUST GOT REAL

An employee at ESPN headquarters in Bristol, Conn., notified local police the same day and they linked the posting to Yee's home in Santa Clarita in northern Los Angeles County. Sheriff's investigators said they were contacted Sunday and began surveillance on the home where Yee, 21, lives with his parents until a search warrant was obtained.

Experts said the bail amount was very high for a person suspected of making terrorist threats.

"To put it in perspective, $1 million is the presumptive bail for murder," said Hanni Fakhoury, an attorney for the Electronic Frontier Foundation and a former federal public defender who is not involved in the case.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...an-accused-making-threats-152742600--nba.html

Last edited:
so es teh rsvp for the crown jewels and usa's today? 

Check your local HOH/Nike store spots. On Crown Jewel, only three reported doors so far this weekend. You have to RSVP those on Twitter today to get them @NikeNYC, @NikeLA, @NikeLasVegas

Foot Locker just confirmed only FIVE total House of Hoops locations will be receiving the "Crown Jewel" Xs this weekend:

Harlem
268 W 125th St
Manhattan, NY 10027

34th Street
11 W 34th St
Manhattan, NY 10001

North Riverside Park Mall
7501 W Cermak Rd
North Riverside, IL 60546

Beverly Center Mall
8500 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048

Dadeland Mall
7265 N Kendall Dr
Miami, FL 33156

RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The Harlem, 34th St, North Riverside and Beverly Center locations will hold ticket sweepstakes TODAY for the chance to purchase the shoe this weekend. Customers can go down to one of these four participating stores today, Thursday, September 20th from NOON (local time) to close to pick up a ticket. In order to receive a ticket you must show a valid photo ID. Limit one per customer. Winners will then be notified by telephone on Friday, September 21st and will be given instructions on when they’ll be able to purchase and pick up the shoe.

**For information regarding the release policy at Dadeland Mall in Miami please contact the store directly.

The LeBron X designs Nike have managed to cook up as of right aren't that hot. It's really just that simple. They can cook up all the diamond crown stories they want to. The shoes color ways just aren't blowing people away right now period. Nike should stop making up stories/nicknames and try to focus on better shoe design.

I know exactly what you guys mean on everything being nicknamed and storied up these days but that's honestly how the market and industry evolved and you need to do those types of things now or else you're missing out on the marketing and storytelling opportunity which is free to do, so why not? I think the term "bred" is beyond stupid for years but I've even come to take that for what it is. Kids aren't sitting around saying "you got those black/varsity red-white Jordans?" In a mobile phone and twitter world, the shorthand becomes even more important. That's what people search for, reference to their friends, ask stores about. It's not only smart but it's just the logical progression of how the market has taken shape, both internal and external factors. Companies are stupid not to take advantage of that. This isn't going back to the 1980s or even 90s where there's only four or five colors released total in a shoe. You're grasping at the past when the entire market moved right past you. I do agree the real legit and long lasting authentic stories are told on court in true performance. You can't plan that, it just happens. You can't hang your hat on that as a company either. You can parse how artificial you feel a colorway story is, that's fair, it's your money. But I don't think this is ever going to go back to where you guys think you want it to be decades ago where everything was plain vanilla and you customized the entire story in your head. We're past that stage. Adapt to the new environment...

agreed . " You got those black/varsity red-white jordans "? :lol: imagine if the South beaches didnt have a nickname ?:x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom