Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, saw the "Mango" cw and I must say it is a must have! No geometric swoosh on them, but oh well I'll save $135 lol. :pimp:

Don't really need to buy a LeBron X+ for $315.00, that's $135 more than the $179.99 version, especially if all I'm going to be doing is crushing them with some nice jeans and a nice button up. That's just me tho, can't say the same for the actual heads who play real ball in this thread.

But back to the shoes, man this colorway is bananas to say the least. The minimal orange accents contrast nicely with the silver hyperfuse upper and black vents/lining. I have always found colorways like this to be the best; lowkey and toned down, but still have their own highlights when you sit down and take a closer look. It really makes you appreciate the shoe.

The pics that sold me on these:

The next two pics were a cool highlight of the laces we're getting:

You can see from the pics above how the rope laces have the whole "hiking boot" look to them. The flywire loops that come up allowing the laces to thread through also have the same look to them. I think that's a pretty nice detail that goes unnoticed. I personally like the touch of the rope laces. To me it gives your kicks that whole Nike ACG feel that I'm always looking for in the winter. Last year the Mango 9s came out in early March. Maybe this year they'll release sooner because there's no lockout lol :lol: :lol: I dunno, but I do know that when they do release, it'll probably be cold anyway so I don't mind them looking like boots or having that vibe. Like I said before, you'll probably catch me walking around campus with these on and a pair of clean jeans, with a Giants hat to match. not bad. *cue Obama pic*

Also, from the graphic in the rear panel we can see that these will probably have a story behind them.

Looks like a volcano maybe? It even looks like an upside down diamond. That makes a little sense because the inspiration behind the LeBron X is in fact a diamond, (10th shoe = 10 million records sold :rolleyes ) but why would a diamond be ejaculating fire? :lol:

Haha, but my best guess is that it's some type of space craft that is in the process of crash landing. That's probably why we see it upside down and it also explains the fire. Also, those are most likely stars in the background. Who knows? In the end this colorway is still a must cop for me and I can't wait to try out the encapsulated Zoom fibers in the Air Max bag setup. Hopefully it's as comfy as it sounds.

:pimp:

Last edited:
..... that shoe doesn't have the same color blocking as the 10 tho.... :stoneface:
the main thing people are complaining about are the "red triangles" within the shoe on the 10 model. The pic you showed is more of an alternate blackout, as opposed to an alternate Bred.

Thats all that needs to be said about that. Dudes are probably patting each other on the back thinking they just came with some good points and stronger ether.

Colorblocking and shoes are not really all that similar.

guys please stop calling them mangos, they look nothing like the color mango. more like team orange like the cannons

iI hope they release some on feet pics of the other colorways soon. It might change my mind about them.

guys please stop calling them mangos, they look nothing like the color mango. more like team orange like the cannons

Asked if these were this year's Cannons when the pics first posted although it does have a very familiar look to last year's Mangos. But the Mango color last year was like a hot pinkish orange almost in person, this Orange looks like an actual orange. Idk...just want to know what that logo is on the inner heel...

Didn't realize these had the flywire lacing boot system underneath the hyperfuse shell. Must have a nice locked down feel to the shoe, combine that w/ the all-new cushioning setup and we may have a performance beast on our hands.

Let me ask this: with what we know so far, knowing that these have new cushioning, multiple new techs incorporated for the upper, lacing, etc. how do people complain about the $180 tag? You guys do realize you just paid $250 for elite LeBron 9's that were basically a lighter version of the regular 9's with more carbon fiber? Not to mention, those that purchased elite hyperdunks and kobes paid $200 for basically nothing new. I mean, if the tech improves, the price will go up, but don't act like this is some crime on Nike's part when y'all (most of yall, I should say) buy into gimmicks rather than actual improvements.

Asked if these were this year's Cannons when the pics first posted although it does have a very familiar look to last year's Mangos. But the Mango color last year was like a hot pinkish orange almost in person, this Orange looks like an actual orange. Idk...just want to know what that logo is on the inner heel...

Looks to be a diamond. Somebody mentioned that the diamond is supposed to represent the number 10 and coincides with this being his 10th sig shoe.

Didn't realize these had the flywire lacing boot system underneath the hyperfuse shell. Must have a nice locked down feel to the shoe, combine that w/ the all-new cushioning setup and we may have a performance beast on our hands.

Let me ask this: with what we know so far, knowing that these have new cushioning, multiple new techs incorporated for the upper, lacing, etc. how do people complain about the $180 tag? You guys do realize you just paid $250 for elite LeBron 9's that were basically a lighter version of the regular 9's with more carbon fiber? Not to mention, those that purchased elite hyperdunks and kobes paid $200 for basically nothing new. I mean, if the tech improves, the price will go up, but don't act like this is some crime on Nike's part when y'all (most of yall, I should say) buy into gimmicks rather than actual improvements.

all the tech in the world doesnt mean anything if the shoe isnt attractive

There's a reason why bred colorways don't fly off the shelf though. As was said above they're produced in much higher quantities compared to the brighter quickstrike type CW's. Many people realize this and wait to pick them up when they inevitably go on sale. Also when it comes to people on here, most that have been purchasing shoes long enough have more than enough black/red shoes so they're not necessarily jumping through hoops to go grab them on day 1. Just because you can find breds or other GR's at the store months later doesn't mean people don't want them. There's a reason why the same 5 GR colorways drop every year.
I agree with what was said back there that the breds seen today aren't the official first GR. (Similar to the crimson 3's and 4's) I'd assume it would be something similar to the fakes that surfaced last week seeing that they've been relatively accurate thus far.
Right on......... i figured the same, but im hoping we are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom