Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nike confirmed price will be $270 for Nike+ version....
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8373804/lebron-x-souped-lebron-x-sneaker-retail-270
Not sure anybody has a clear idea of whats going to happen with this shoe because the article makes it sound like there will be 3 versions.
Regular $180 version
Nike+ Ready $200 version
Nike+ $270 version
Idk....so much confusion.
What they said is the Normal Version will be 180 but the nike+ version will be either 270 or 200 if you opt not to but the "sports pack". So basicaly if you buy one pack you can probably just buy the 200$ version of all the others and interchange the adapters and what not.... Sounds a lot better now that we know all the details instead of the expected 300+ versions that were first rumored.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8373804/lebron-x-souped-lebron-x-sneaker-retail-270

Not sure anybody has a clear idea of whats going to happen with this shoe because the article makes it sound like there will be 3 versions.

Regular $180 version
Nike+ Ready $200 version
Nike+ $270 version

THANK GOD FOR A NIKE+ READY VERSION FOR $200 :pimp:

BUT WAIT....HOW WILL THEY KNOW IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE NIKE+ CHIP AND NOT JUST WANTING TO BUY THE NIKE+ READY VERSION? IF THERE'S NO WAY I'LL JUST BUY THE NIKE+ READY VERSION FOR $200 AND SAY I ALREADY HAVE THE CHIP AND NEVER PAY $270 FOR TECH I DON'T NEED.

Last edited:

Regular $180 version
Nike+ Ready $200 version
Nike+ $270 version

I read this also im guessing the $200 version is just the + version with out the sensors adaptor and charger .
so essential 2 versions cuz im sure it will still be in the same box as the Lebron +
im just hoping the Aways come with PLUS i wanna hoop in those

i guess nike keeps on lowering the price due to bad press.

what im wondering is if the 200 version will have the same colorways as the 270 versions.. like will they make different colorways for all 3 versions of the shoes or will they all be similar but just striped down of technology.

IF THIS IS TRUE, IT SEEMS LIKE NIKE IS ESSENTIALLY GIVING US A CHOICE IF WE WANT THE UPGRADED TECH INSTEAD OF FORCING US TO PURCHASE IT. I'M ASSUMING FOR THOSE WHO BUY THE NIKE+ READY VERSION THERE WILL ALSO BE A CHIP AND CHARGER PACK SOLD SEPERATELY IF THEY CHOOSE TO UPGRADE TO IT IN THE FUTURE.

MAKES SENSE BECAUSE IF THERE IS A HOT SOUTH BEACH COLORWAY, THERE IS NO WAY I'M PLAYING BALL IN THEM SO THE NIKE + READY VERSION WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.

MAKES ME CURIOUS THOUGH AS TO SAY, FOR THE SOUTH BEACH RELEASE, IF THEY HAVE TWO VERSIONS NIKE + READY AND NIKE +, OBVIOUSLY THE READY VERSION WILL SELL OUT FIRST THEN THOSE STILL WAITING WILL HAVE TO PURCHASE THE NIKE + VERSION. LEAVES A MARKET FOR THOSE WHO DON'T WANT THE CHIP TO SELL THE CHIP SET FOR CHEAPER THAN WHAT NIKE WILL PROBABLY SELL THE CHIP SET FOR IN ORDER TO LOWER THE COST OF THEIR PAIR....

I'M JUST RAMBLING...

Last edited:
They aren't budging on the buck eighty though...
laugh.gif

THANK GOD FOR A NIKE+ READY VERSION FOR $200 :pimp:

BUT WAIT....HOW WILL THEY KNOW IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE NIKE+ CHIP AND NOT JUST WANTING TO BUY THE NIKE+ READY VERSION? IF THERE'S NO WAY I'LL JUST BUY THE NIKE+ READY VERSION FOR $200 AND SAY I ALREADY HAVE THE CHIP AND NEVER PAY $270 FOR TECH I DON'T NEED.

Last edited:
I feel a whole lot better about copping some X's now. Still not feeling most the color ways I've seen though.

So where are the people that were bashing others saying " you are paying for the tech, that tech cost money!"? I figured that this just seemed like a bad way to market something that had a higher potential to backfire regardless of colors. Glad to hear about the new info though.

I hope that is true. Even though we have yet to see the Black Diamonds, I know I will like them but I wasn't going to shell out $270+ for it, so $200 will be easier to stomach. >D

Last edited:

Regular $180 version
Nike+ Ready $200 version
Nike+ $270 version

YES!!!!!!!!! I asked for this a while back in the thread. Only makes sense. What would you do with 6 Nike+ sensors just sitting around. Looks like the backlash forced Nike's hand in this one...

"Sources say the majority of the LeBron X shoes that will hit the market on Sept. 29 will retail for $180. But the Nike+ enabled version of the shoe, which allows for technology to be embedded in the mid-sole of the shoe, will be sold with the sensors, the adapter and charger -- together called the Sport Kit -- for $270.

Should consumers already own the kit, the Nike+ enabled LeBron X also will be sold separately for $200."

so they are saying there is going to be a regular USA version for $180?? Personally I dont believe this info totally cause things keep changing. Im not trying to get my hopes from this article. The price drop is meh and im just ready for some solid info from Nike themselves.

So where are the people that were bashing others saying " you are paying for the tech, that tech cost money!"? I figured that this just seemed like a bad way to market something that had a higher potential to backfire regardless of colors. Glad to hear about the new info though.
They are sitting at their cubicles, coming up with another plan for the Kobe thread.

Wait till you see the price for those things....
laugh.gif

I hope that is true. I wasn't going to shell out $270+ for it, so $200 will be easier to stomach. >D

no doubt...was probably gonna shell out for a couple of the LX+ but not for all of em...hope NIKE still releases all the CWs @ the $200

:Dat them not budging on $180...anyone know how the Nike ID Lebron 9s went? they could just make their money back here every year...and save us from that Nike+ ******** that doesnt help any normal person...

"Sources say the majority of the LeBron X shoes that will hit the market on Sept. 29 will retail for $180. But the Nike+ enabled version of the shoe, which allows for technology to be embedded in the mid-sole of the shoe, will be sold with the sensors, the adapter and charger -- together called the Sport Kit -- for $270.
Should consumers already own the kit, the Nike+ enabled LeBron X also will be sold separately for $200."

so they are saying there is going to be a regular USA version for $180?? Personally I dont believe this info totally cause things keep changing. Im not trying to get my hopes from this article. The price drop is meh and im just ready for some solid info from Nike themselves.

The ESPN article says that the info was from "Nike spokesman, Brian Strong..." So I would like to think that this info is *pretty* solid...however much like most of you...I"m curious as to how they are doing this now...which CW's are going to be +, + ready, and standard? That's the important piece of the puzzle at this point. Hopefully we get that info soon cuz that will definitely change the "who's copping" landscape.

@MEMPH...
Highly doubt that anybody would ask for proof of owning the +Sport Pack before buying the +Enabled shoe @ $200, but just my $.02 :D

Im Sure the + Ready and the + will come in the Same colorways as it would only be the difference of did it come with sensor or do u have then already the different colorways i believe would maybe be between the Lebron plus and the Regular Model . that would only be logical other then have 3 types of the same shoes and all 3 have totally different color ways IMO

Im Sure the + Ready and the + will come in the Same colorways as it would only be the difference of did it come with sensor or do u have then already the different colorways i believe would maybe be between the Lebron plus and the Regular Model . that would only be logical other then have 3 types of the same shoes and all 3 have totally different color ways IMO

Logical and most sensible...now let's hope this is correct! :smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom