Official Rockets (55-27) Season Thread-5th place, HCA

Dirk is suspended tomorrow, too.
laugh.gif

Only like 3 teams during this 16 game winning streak have scored 100+ points.
pimp.gif

And the Rockets are blowing out a lot of these teams.
pimp.gif

A dirk-less Mavs up next, like our chances to get to 17

but what are the chances he appeals to play?

Anyone got the Landry on Diogu poster.. 16 straight.. Unbelievable.. I don't care who it's against.. 7 straight double digit wins... Wow..+

Oh yeah.. How is that Boy Rafer!! Dude is playing extremely well.

A dirk-less Mavs up next, like our chances to get to 17

I thought you said a %%%*-less Mavs, I was like man that's cold!
laugh.gif

Good luck tomorrow guys, I'm not expecting too much but at least we'll be at home, and only 3 losses at home.

we're not doing too bad without Yao.
laugh.gif

probably because we can now officially play half and fullcourt ball.

this stretch comin' up now is the real test: dallas, new orleans, lakers, boston, suns, spurs
pimp.gif

now let's see how the rox will play

Originally Posted by rocketzballa23

we have forgotten what losing feels like

i want to see how this team responds when we do lose b/c we will. i also want us to see in that 5 game in 6 night stretch later this month.

seventeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen...

Rox are lookin' good, and Landry has truly impressed me this year.

And what is up with Skip??
eek.gif
eek.gif
Dude has been killin' folks. I've been a big supporter of his since DayOne, and I'm glad to see him shut the haters up.

Nah, that is kinda funny actually.
laugh.gif

But
eek.gif
@ Gerald Green out of the L.

Another one bites the dust.
smh.gif

P.S.

Make a separate thread saying "Gerald Green Out Of The L", watch how many replies you get.
laugh.gif

bit of bad news for tonight

Rockets sign Rice product Harris, release Green
Forward signed for depth with Landry injured

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle
TOOLS
Email

Get section feed
Print

Subscribe NOW
Comments

Recommend

With surging rookie forward Carl Landy out for tonight's game against the New Orleans Hornets, the Rockets moved quickly to shore up the thinning ranks oftheir frontcourt.

The Rockets signed former Rice forward and fan favorite Mike Harris, who impressed in training camp this season, to a 10-day contract, releasing guard GeraldGreen to make room on the roster for Harris. Landry has developed swelling in his left knee and will be evaluated further. He bruised the knee against Indianaon Wednesday, but played the next night in Dallas with little difficulty.

"We're making this move because of concern about tonight," Rockets vice president of basketball operations Sam Hinkie said. "We'remaking this move because Mike Harris is someone we've always liked. We need live bodies, and he's more than just a live body."

The Rockets also signed center Justin Williams to a 10-day contract on Friday. But without Landry - who has averaged 13.8 points on 68.4 percent shooting sinceYao Ming went out for the season - the Rockets could be very short-handed in frontcourt scoring, with only Luis Scola considered a scoring option at the powerforward or center positions.

"(Harris) is a guy we've liked for a long time," Hinkie said. "We thought played very well for us. He brings a level of energy, toughnessand athleticism and we like his rebounding. Our coaches always liked him and are very positive on him, as well as was the staff on basketball ops side. Wetargeted him, as someone that we if needed help, he'd be on the top of the list."

[email protected]

bruised his knee in the indiana game, wore something on his knee in the mavs game. its a little swollen now so i think they're taking a precautionarymeasure and resting him

Mike Harris is nice. I would watch him kill at the Fonde league games! But releasing Green...I dunno about that move...

This is gonna be the hardest game within the rockets streak...no yao, no landry, and a ragin cp3. I hope the rockets pull a W

Mike Harris can ball.

Landry is out at least 2 games. Hornets are tough with CP3, but no David West for them tonight.

We blew them out by 20 in their own place 2 weeks ago, and I don't see much that has changed. I think the Rockets got this.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom