OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings OFFSEASON POST/EDIT: ARTEST IS GONE, WELCOME B-JAX

Hey I was wondering, are you guys expected to make an offer to Beno? And if so, around how much? I really like his game and think that he can fill in for Baron
nerd.gif

Anyone got info on this thompson kid? I don't watch much college b-ball let alone MAC games, so any info on him is appreciated. Also, any news/rumors forus?

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Hey I was wondering, are you guys expected to make an offer to Beno? And if so, around how much? I really like his game and think that he can fill in for Baron
nerd.gif

You're in luck. He's opting out.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

^ Nice!

The Kings aren't going to at least try to sign him though?

They will. He's too solid of a PG to let go. I'm pretty sure he opted out for more money.

I think the kings want to sign him, but contracts obviously have to be worked out. If I remember correctly his agent said in a article "that he should getatleast the full MLE if not more as Beno is a bargain at that starting price" I dunno I like him but not that much if he wants a big contract.

^ Yeah he probably won't get a really big contract. It has to be more than he was earning last season which was below 1 mil.

what are the plans for ewing jr? this is a kid you guys definitely need to get in the games. great bball IQ.

This team isn't going anywhere. Don't see why Artest would stay with them. No true starting PG, PF, bench, etc.

Really disappointed with how the draft went for them. Even more disgusted that after both PG's they were looking at were off the board, they didn'tmake a move to get Mario Chalmers. Well, maybe Singletary pans out, I know he was solid in college, and Ewing looks to be pretty athletic. Just really wish wecould have gotten Bayless.

http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/1051761.html

Numerous sources close to the team said the Kings were prepared to offer Udrih their full midlevel exception (approximately $6 million) in a five-year deal.

The Kings' most ardent competition for Udrih could be the Los Angeles Clippers, who likely will have ample salary-cap room to offer Udrih more than the midlevel and are in desperate need of a point guard. New York also is believed to be interested, and the list most likely grows from there.

^ what do the Knicks have to do with anything, he's just giving his opinion

Yall will LOVE Jason Thompson....he runs the floor extremely well, finishes, can shoot from the outside and has refined post moves. Not a bad passer either.His defense needs a little work but still a good shot blocker and an excellent rebounder.

Yeah, he only played in the MAAC...but he also outplayed Mike beasley and JJ Hickson.

People say his upside is limited...that's only cause they see he was a senior. He hit a big growth spurt late and still is becoming a 'big man'.

PE JR, yall will love is well.

Even though Gilbert Arenas has received contract offers from the Warriors and the Wizards, its being reported from ESPN.com that the Kings front office hascontacted Arenas and told him they will do "whatever it takes, even if it means trading away their entire roster" to get him in Sacramento.

Originally Posted by RBeezy32

Even though Gilbert Arenas has received contract offers from the Warriors and the Wizards, its being reported from ESPN.com that the Kings front office has contacted Arenas and told him they will do "whatever it takes, even if it means trading away their entire roster" to get him in Sacramento.

Are you serious?
frown.gif

Originally Posted by RBeezy32

Really disappointed with how the draft went for them. Even more disgusted that after both PG's they were looking at were off the board, they didn't make a move to get Mario Chalmers. Well, maybe Singletary pans out, I know he was solid in college, and Ewing looks to be pretty athletic. Just really wish we could have gotten Bayless.

Yeah i thought they would pick up a PG instead. We already have alot of big guys.

^I highly doubt we get Arenas.

Anyway, Allen thats good to hear about Thompson. Some people on the Realgm boards are going calling him a bust and etc.
eyes.gif
However, in Petrie I trustbecause he has made great picks over the years like Kevin Martin and Cisco. I don't like the Douby pick but we'll see....Also he seems like the perfectfit for the Princeton offense.

Also I don't really care much about Beno, I would just let him walk. I wish we can resign him, BUT he wants the full MLE. Not to mention his A/T ratiowasn't great.

I watched the kid play quite a bit, (which I bet those people never did) and he'll be anything but a bust. (not a project)

His game is proven...he may never be an All Star...but he'll be solid, night in, night out.

Personally, I was a fan of your draft...3 solid kids on and off the court. Who take responsibility and play the game the right way.

At first I was extremely disappointed with the Thompson pick (I didn't watch any of his games this year). I was hoping we would have picked Brandon Rush orRandolph. But, he does, indeed, seem to be a solid player that is capable of preforming right away. Plus, it's hard to question Petrie's past choicesonce they have had a chance to develop (i.e. Kevin Martin). I see Thompson becoming a good role player, which is exactly what we need to surround Martin with.

Im really glad Ron Ron didnt opt out. I love him as a king. Beno was a nice addition last season, he really proved himself to be a solid pg towards the end ofthe season. I dont wanna see him go, but if we can find a better PG in free agency then ill go with it.

Reggie Theus really impressed me in his first year. 38-44 was not that bad. Its just that the west was really really good this year. haha. Maybe we get achance at the playoffs this year. Hawes played exceptional in the end of the season.

Martin, Garcia, and Salmons really stepped up this year.
pimp.gif

I really like this Jason Thompson guy. We need a low post presence. I cant wait til he puts up 20/10 in the future.
Kinda heated that the Bobcats took Augustine, and then Bayless falls to Indiana. But Ewing Jr, and Singletary are nice

Im already excited about next season.

Udrih remains a King.

The Sacramento Kings found a way to keep their starting point guard, Beno Udrih, despite some fierce competition.
Udrih and the Kings have verbally agreed to a five-year contract for the full mid-level exception, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com. Assuming the full mid-level comes in at $5.5 million this year, Udrih would get a contract worth $33.3 million. The same source said Udrih would have a player option for the fifth year of his contract.

Ehhh...I don't know how i feel about this one, hopefully Beno can continue with the high quality of play that "earned" him this contract and notjust revert back to being a bum
laugh.gif

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/

[h5]July 1, 2008[/h5]http://[h2]Beno Udrih agrees to terms with Kings[/h2]
amick-thumb-48xauto.jpg

Posted by Sam Amick

1:01 PM | Comments (26) | TrackBacks (0) |

Recommend this story at Yahoo! Buzz:
Buzz up!

TrackBack URL: http://www.sacbee.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/457

The Kings' prolonged point guard problem was solved on Monday, when they agreed to terms with Beno Udrih.
According to numerous sources, Udrih received the full five-year deal for the entire midlevel exception (beginning at approximately $6 million in the firstseason with annual eight percent raises). The deal for the fifth-year point guard can officially be signed when the free agency moratorium lifts on July 8.
"It's good for everybody," said his agent, Marc Cornstein by phone from New York City. "They've expressed tremendous interest not juststarting at 12:01 last night New York time but really from the get go.
"They took a chance on Beno when he was really kind of an outcast from San Antonio, and put him in a fantastic position and believed in him and gave him achance to run their team. I think he's great for Sacramento, and I think Sacramento is great for him."
Leading into free agency, the Clippers were always seen as the most likely team to keep Udrih from the Kings. He he met with Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy inNew York City on Monday night and was offered an identical five-year, full midlevel deal that had already been put forth by the Kings. It came down to theKings and the Clippers, with New York, Miami and Cleveland showing strong interest but unwilling to offer a five-year deal.
"I met with Dunleavy and he made a good impression on me," Udrih said by phone. "I really appreciate him coming all the way here to talk to meand tell me how he sees me.
"But I talked to (the Kings) early this morning, like 10 o'clock (Pacific time) and then I talked to them and to my family and my close friends whohave been around the league. Every minute I was leaning to Sacramento."
Yet Udrih's early morning call to Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie left his future uncertain, enough so that the Kings moved down their wish list ofpoint guards in anticipation of Udrih declining. According to the agent for Chris Duhon, Kevin Bradbury, they contacted him just hours before Udrih called backwith his final decision.
"I'd never been in this situation before, so I just had to think about it," Udrih explained. "I didn't want to say anything. I was justquiet and listened and tried to go through everything.
"Then I talked to my family and told them how I think and they all supported me. I called Marc and I was like, 'You know what, I see myself in more inSacramento.' It feels like home, seriously."

Keep checking back for more updates... - Sam Amick

Categories: Sam Amick

Tags: 2008 free agency, Beno Udrih

http://

Originally Posted by Mister916

Udrih remains a King.

The Sacramento Kings found a way to keep their starting point guard, Beno Udrih, despite some fierce competition.
Udrih and the Kings have verbally agreed to a five-year contract for the full mid-level exception, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com. Assuming the full mid-level comes in at $5.5 million this year, Udrih would get a contract worth $33.3 million. The same source said Udrih would have a player option for the fifth year of his contract.

Ahhh crap
frown.gif

Brandon Rush? You mean ANOTHER SG to add to the glut of young SG's we already have? Or Randolph, the unproven "SF" to... add to our glut of SFs.Thompson was a great pick and I'm excited to watch him play/take over Moore's spot. I'm more interested in Singletary though. He's going to bea monster!!! Hopefully.

The Artest situation is interesting. I think its more of him giving back to the Kings organization. He came here with his career in shambles. Two years later,every championship competing team wants a piece of him. I think him being back here made him a valuable trading chip if necessary.

Well at least we used our exception on him. I dunno, maybe he's a stop-gap until Wade is available in 2010. By that time Hawes and Thompson will have hadtime to develop. Now if we can just trade Ron Ron this year and get something for him, now we are talking. I'm not disappointed with the draft pick ofThompson, or the other two. I just felt the Kings had all the tools to do something special this offseason, and really get better. We'll see how everythingpans out. I really like Thompson, and I felt that was the player we really needed to get, just later on in the draft.

Maybe we get a first rounder for Artest, he's a bargain for the right time at 7 mil.

I also don't think we'll be getting Arenas, but hey definitely though it was interesting that his name came up. I was shocked to see that.

Should be a nice building year for the Kings. Maybe .500, but probably not in the playoffs. I say that b/c if Baron Davis ends up in LAC or back in GSW theywill most likely be the playoff bubble teams with us right behind.

Back
Top Bottom