OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings OFFSEASON POST/EDIT: ARTEST IS GONE, WELCOME B-JAX

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

This team isn't going anywhere. Don't see why Artest would stay with them. No true starting PG, PF, bench, etc.

This comes from a Knicks fan. I could see any other fan talking, but a Knicks fan.
roll.gif
You'll be lucky if you have cap space to re-sign your rookies in the nextfew years. Please!

Yeah, I don't get why Kings fans would be mad that Artest DIDN't opt out. It's basically a win-win situation being that he plays his *@# off, andin turn we have a valuable assest that can command quality players from teams come the trade deadline. Basically, you don't let an asset like Artest walkwithout getting anything in return, and I think Ron and the Kings know this.

What's the source on the Arenas blurb? That would be intriguing as long as we keep Kevin Martin.

Since Artest regrets staying Kings should trade him. Maybe we'll get something valuable in return.

Originally Posted by Beats05

What's the source on the Arenas blurb? That would be intriguing as long as we keep Kevin Martin.

ESPN.com yesterday. Looks as though, all signs point to Arenas staying Washington, especially since we just re-signed Udrih. Looks like that was our bigsplash in the free agent market. Now we just need to rid ourselves of those horrible contracts of SAR and K-9. Trade Artest for a 1st rounder and there yougo. It seems easy enough.

Originally Posted by RBeezy32

Originally Posted by Beats05

ESPN.com yesterday. Looks as though, all signs point to Arenas staying Washington, especially since we just re-signed Udrih. Looks like that was our big splash in the free agent market. Now we just need to rid ourselves of those horrible contracts of SAR and K-9. Trade Artest for a 1st rounder and there you go. It seems easy enough.
When is SAR and K-9's contracts off the books?

I'm very vey excited right now. I can't wait to watch all the young talent develop! With the cancer gone I will now buy more tickets this season!

With 21 mil coming off the books in 2010, and hopefully Salmons and Moore gone, we are looking at almost 32 mil heading into the best FA period in a long time.Here's hoping we come away with one of these (LeBron, Wade, Bosh, McGrady).

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by RBeezy32

Here's hoping we come away with one of these (LeBron, Wade, Bosh, McGrady).

Slim chance to NONE. Actually....no chance.

Money talks, and they are going to have a lot of it to spend. They enticed Webber to stay by giving him a lot of money. Plus they will have tons of youngtalent for any of these superstars to play alongside of.

It's not like the Kings can spend an unlimited amount of money. There is a max they can offer, with the player's original team always able to offermore than any other team. Also, the Kings definitely aren't going to be the only team with money.

Lebron is not going to leave Cleveland for another small market. There will be other teams with enough cap space in bigger and more attractive cities whenthose guys are free agents.

Sacramento is not going to get a top tier superstar through free agency...just not likely.

New arena plans, young up and coming talent, a city that has a great love for its team. Don't be surprised if a superstar comes our way in 2010. And theywill have expiring contracts to improve the team too. They'll be able to absorb some key pieces down the line. Kinda sounds like when they acquired Webber.Don't doubt Petrie, he is one of the best GM's in the business.

Don't forget Chris Webber did not want to go to Sacramento initially...when he was traded from DC he did NOT want to go out there. He warmed up to iteventually but it's still evident that Sacramento is one of those NBA cities that most big time talents don't want to go to. Right up there withMilwaukee and Utah. It doesn't really matter what type of facilities or how much their fans love the team...it's still Sacramento. The average youngsuperstar isn't going to want to play there.

Honestly, they can keep T-Mac and his back. I would love to shoot for a top-tier PG or stronger C during that time. SF's come and go. Obviously I'm notagainst shooting for a Lebron or Melo.

Hey, it'd be nice to get Rubio or Jennings though...

Repost of comment in Artest thread:

The other thing that I keep thinking about is this. Where were we going to find a better deal than the one we got.

There's no way we get a 2009 and a 2011 1st rounder from a playoff team for 2 months worth of Artest.

Looking at possible suitors:

Pistons: They aren't giving up Prince if they are pushing for Championship
Lakers: Sure we get Lamar Odom, but we aren't getting a 1st rounder with that one. Farmar is nice, but is there need there with Singletary, Udrih, andBrown?
Nuggets: Now do you want Klieza and NeNe? Maybe we get a first rounder, but I'd rather have the cap space in 2010.
Mavericks: Bass' deal up this year, Stack's deal up in two seasons, no draft pick = thumbs down.
Miami: Straight up for Marion, nice player, but for one year? UGH

Other than that, I can't really see anyone else who might have interest in him?

Sure playoff hopefuls might come up, but at that point, any 1st rounder you get is going to be a late round anyway.

Not to mention, its not like T-Mac, Yao, and Artest are the most durable guys. What if they get injured throughout the season and our draft pick shoots up.

Yao = Hurt every year
T-Mac = Hurt every year
Artest = Hurt last two years w/ various injuries that seem to always pop us

Houston needs to be very lucky to stay healthy. If they don't, that draft pick will be worth quite a pretty penny in the off-season.

Back
Top Bottom