:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Solly pick was a whiff, but that trade down gave us the Fred Warner pick.

So odd, Lynch and Shanahan basically stuck out on their first two picks but hit absolute moon shots on later rounds with Kittle and Warner.

what I find funny is Lynch pulling cheap ace LBs out of the draft but then whiffing it on the expensive free agents

LBS drafted: fred warner (stud LB), dre greenlaw (limited exposure but could be another stud in the making), reuben foster (great LB, obviously his problems came from off the field)

Free agent LBs acquired: malcolm smith (ton of money for no play), kwon alexander (good player but missed half the season, was dangled as trade-bait this offseason), dee ford (great pass rusher, but missed 6 games and was only on the field for like 30% of defensive snaps)

all things considered i'd probably rather have the durability and cheapness of the all-draft warner, greenlaw, foster starting LB tandem

despite smith, kwon, and dee ford being "better players", they struggle immensely to stay on the field, and suck up tens of millions in contract dough.

moral of the story i guess: don't spend big bucks on free agent running backs or linebackers, pick them MFS in the draft on cheap rookie contracts and churn them out.

Warner is such a damn good tackler. lynch might've whiffed on Solly and Reuben but Fred never whiffs on tackles.

reuben was a whiff as a person tho, not as a player.

he came as promised, and was a very high speed, athletic linebacker, and despite being a **** person IRL I wouldn't be surprised if he plays at a high level for the Skins whenever he's back on the field.

his issues were alcohol, drugs, guns, and various forms of side chick/ baby mama drama

solly a whiff because despite seeming like a great person IRL, he hasn't been able to perform as a player.

Reuben tried to kill on every tackle. Can't play that way against elite athletes. He never learned at Bama when and when not to lay someone out, and by the time he got to the NFL, his body was donezo.

i mean i could see it

coach qb marriages dont last forever

belichick got done with brady, rodgers got done with mccarthy, maybe carrol has been itching to flip ol russel wilson

but i doubt they would have taken mayfield. probably taken squon barkley as the marshawn lynch replacement and coached up whoever carrol saw as the heir apparent

Lmao (ICYMI--Rams unveiled ugly *** new Unis)

first the panthers and falcons, now the niners and rams...im diggin the divisional jersey trolling

the rams jersey is bootsy AF tho. generic *** font looks bland and meh AF. looks like an off brand "murtchell and ness" variant i could get at the flea market

the blue jersey yellow pants combination uniform is almost an okay look for the rams, Basically looks like Fouts era Chargers unis

but damn, they went full ****** on the all blue and all white ones.

left side uniform I could maybe rock with as a fan

but the center and right hand side unis look like high school or college teams.

what annoys me about the NBA is how they do like 14 different jerseys in a season

the marketing and pocket rape is strong

home, away, alternate, "the city", Chinese new year, slate gray, "the town", "the bay", I love the Warriors but like like jeez calm TF down and now the whole league doing the corporate sponsor patches on them too 🤮

my next jersey cop will be the best quality all stitched, "elite", "on field" , or custom if I have to, Staley jersey. #74 in white with the throwback font

Back
Top Bottom