:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
22 seasons with us as a player and coach. 
frown.gif

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Patrick Mahomes A Potential Top-3 Pick?[/h1]
Texas Tech quarterback Patrick Mahomes  should be considered a near-lock to be drafted in the first round of the NFL draft, and could be selected within the top three picks depending on how the Browns, 49ers, and Bears address the quarterback position in free agency and/or via trade, according to Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com. The Texans, who hold the 25th pick, likely represent the floor for Mahomes, per La Canfora.

Mahomes, 21, has been widely viewed as a Day 2 pick, so the suggestion that he could be chosen not only in the first round, but within the first thirty minutes of the draft, is quite surprising, to say the least. On most draft boards, including that of Mel Kiper Jr. of ESPN.com, Mahomes is ranked as the fourth-best quarterback available behind UNC’s Mitch Trubisky, Clemson’s Deshaun Watson, and Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer.

The scouting combine will be significant for Mahomes, says Kiper, while La Canfora agrees Mahomes will be considered a “rising” prospect by the time the draft rolls around. The 2017 quarterback draft class is considered the worst crop of signal-callers since 2013, so it stands to reason that certain QBs will be artificially pushed up boards as the draft approaches. Still, many scout believe Trubisky is the only passer guaranteed to be selected in the top-five.

Mahomes has served as the Red Raiders’ full-time starter for the past two seasons, and has averaged 4,853 yards and 39 touchdowns during that time.

After watching more videos on him the more i want him on the niners. He has proven it throughout the years he is a winner and plays at a high level. My selection wi the #2 is Watson

It really sucks losing Rathman, but Bobby Turner is one of the most prominent running back coaches in the history of the NFL. He is a master at coaching up the outside zone game. He helped the red lobster in denver pump out 1k rusher after 1k rusher, season after season, with a bunch of bums nobody ever heard of.

the Shanahan running scheme is renown for its ability to turn a bum into a 1k rusher.

Back in the early-mid 2000's when Mike Shanahan was in the latter stages of his time in Denver, the joke was that you could put any running back in a Broncos uniform and he would rush for 1,000 yards. Don't believe me? Check out this list:

1999: Olandis Gary (1,159, 7 TDs)
2000: Mike Anderson (1,487 yards, 15 TDs)
2002: Clinton Portis (1,508 yards, 15 TDs)
2003: Clinton Portis (1,591 yards, 14 TDs)
2004: Reuben Droughns (1,240 yards, 6 TDs)
2005: Mike Anderson (1,014 yards, 12 TDs)
2006: Tatum Bell (1,025 yards, 2 TDs)

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sold on any of these college QBs at #2 OVR

Trading down for more and alternatively sourcing a QB may be the best move. 

[h1]Reuben Foster out of combine after shoulder surgery[/h1]
Posted by Josh Alper on February 13, 2017, 11:43 AM EST

504628866-e1487004180654.jpg
Getty Images
Alabama has produced several highly drafted linebackers in recent years and Reuben Foster looks like he’s on track to join the likes of C.J. MosleyReggie Ragland  and Dont’a Hightower  in 2017.

Foster will have to convince teams that he’ll make a full recovery from rotator cuff surgery, however. Adam Caplan of ESPN reports that Foster recently had surgery to repair the injury  to his right shoulder.

Foster will not be taking part in drills  at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis as a result of the surgery, but that he will meet with teams for interviews during the event. Caplan pegs his recovery timeline at four months, which would leave him ready for training camp if not the tail end of the offseason program.

Foster is one of several Alabama players projected as possible first round picks this season.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:
appears that we're transitioning to a 4-3. hopefully its of the hybrid variety that pete the cheat teaches up in the pacific northwest.

rashard robinson is about to eat if they use the same secondary scheme.

Last edited:
eli needs to drop some of that weight he put on. i think he'd be a great fit in seattle's scheme as a LB.

yeah, i think they'll get moved around a lot. one will probably more inside than outside. 

Back
Top Bottom