:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As long as this comes with spending a pick for Antonio Brown, I am down for sure.

Astute obersvation, That's part of what it 's built around.

The guys who wrote it said we trade our #2 overall for a haul because our second round pick will already be gone to the Steelers for Antonio Brown.

The same ppl who successfully predicted our last two first round picks: Mike McGlinchey and Solomon Thomas the year before, have us losing the Bosa sweepstakes, and trading down to 10th overall for a haul of picks, leading to us taking Jachai Polite at #10

Who is that?

And there are rumors that Jachai Polite has character red flags.

I just dont want any part of Josh Allen, so trading down from 2 makes me happy. Not that I am some huge college football guy or some expert on draft prospects. I just would rather not spend the #2 overall pick on a edge rusher who everyone seems to agree lacks fundamentals, technique, or pass rushing moves in general.

If you want to put your faith in "grumpy young man" from Reddit, that's on you lol. I thought you were going to link something from Chris Simms(Shanny's BFF) or Matt Maiocco. :stoneface: btw He did pick good players. I'll give him that. Dillard is going earlier; Devin Bush is one of my favorite LBs; David Sills is someone I've had an eye on since last season.

In regards to Jachai Polite, he's a great fit in this defense, but there are 2 factors why he's unlikely to go that early:

-Character red flags reported by Matt Miller from BR. Not only could that hurt his stock, but there's a good chance Niners don't touch him if it's true.
-Dude is tiny. He's listed a 6'2", 242, and it shows on tape, especially in run defense. If those numbers are accurate, that's a big hit to his stock.

As of today, it's Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, or Josh Allen at 2 or trade down for me. But Josh Allen, albeit a tantalizing prospect, also scares the **** out of me.

Last edited:
:nthat:
24g12ed.jpg

I just dont want any part of Josh Allen, so trading down from 2 makes me happy. Not that I am some huge college football guy or some expert on draft prospects. I just would rather not spend the #2 overall pick on a edge rusher who everyone seems to agree lacks fundamentals, technique, or pass rushing moves in general.
He was college footballs most improved player. So I’d imagine out of every draft prospect his ceiling is the highest.

But his floor maybe Manny Lawson.

Similar things were said about Marcus Davenport last year. In games he played he looked really good.

Last edited:
If bosa isn’t there at 2 trade that **** down !!!

And I have a bad feeling Earl Thomas becomes a cowboy
They are one of the teams strapped for Cap room.
Home town deep discount only way it happens and that would be odd considering he was griping about his base salary last year.

He was college footballs most improved player. So I’d imagine out of every draft prospect his ceiling is the highest.

But his floor maybe Manny Lawson.

Similar things were said about Marcus Davenport last year. In games he played he looked really good.
Yeah with the way he improved this year I think he’s got a very high ceiling. Reminds me of a JPP. Player that started playing ball late but excell and aged like wine.

Or on the other side of the spectrum his low ceiling could be of a manny lawson

I thought Davenport was underwhelming. The Saints traded an extra first to get him, and he was ghost in the playoffs. Most of his production came against a backup left tackle vs Minny. I bet if they were given a redo they wouldn't do that trade again.

I'm not going to lie. The first time I watched Josh Allen play he reminded me of Eli Harold lol. And I mean Eli Harold at Virginia, not the one in the NFL.

Last edited:
I thought Davenport was underwhelming. The Saints traded an extra first to get him, and he was ghost in the playoffs. Most of his production came against a backup left tackle vs Minny. I bet if they were given a redo they wouldn't do that trade again.

I'm not going to lie. The first time I watched Josh Allen play he reminded me of Eli Harold lol. And I mean Eli Harold at Virginia, not the one in the NFL.

I really thought when I watched him he was looking like a future star with a bright future. That PFF grade was through 7 weeks I believe.

Back
Top Bottom