:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have to hope the Colts are stupid enough to not realize they are the only team interested in Jimmy.

This sucks.

That would be nuts if the Niners/Bucs are really manufacturing a deal to trade for Tom Brady lol.

Would you make the same claim if they traded for Jimmy?

Got me there :rolleyes

Trubisky has 64 career TD passes. 15 of those are against the Lions.

Of those 64 TDs, 15 of them were go ahead TDs. Sounds good, right? Of those 15 go ahead TDs, 9 of them were in the FIRST QUARTER to go up 7-0 or 7-3.

Of those 64 TDs, 15 of them added on to existing double digit leads.

Tell me you don’t watch the games without telling me you don’t watch the games :rofl:g

shrug

I would say that QBR comp % and TD / InT ratio only tell part of the story, and that they're also heavily and conveniently cherry-picking by limiting those stats to 2020/2021

conveniently making sure their sample doesn't include Jimmy G's best statistical season
1647289466383.png

while omitting one of Mitch's worst
1647289488276.png

then there's the playoffs...

1647289194706.png

1647289204997.png

if I had a gun to the head and had to choose one of them to start a playoff game I know who I would pick

BUT I will say I am starting to get nervous

we're past the deadline where I thought we would have an answer to the Jimmy G trade question

and if they can't get someone to bite they're going to have to do something messy like resign and restructure JG

Of those 64 TDs, 15 of them were go ahead TDs. Sounds good, right? Of those 15 go ahead TDs, 9 of them were in the FIRST QUARTER to go up 7-0 or 7-3.

Tell me you don’t watch the games without telling me you don’t watch the games :rofl:g

My point is not that Mitch is better than Jimmy nor even on the same level. But the plain and simple fact is, our fanbase overrated the hell out of Jimmy and his "record."

While Jimmy is better, there are plenty of QBs out there that can be acquired for cheap or even free that are perceived to be not much worse. I'd say this Pitt situation speaks to that.

shrug

I would say that QBR comp % and TD / InT ratio only tell part of the story, and that they're also heavily and conveniently cherry-picking by limiting those stats to 2020/2021

conveniently making sure their sample doesn't include Jimmy G's best statistical season
1647289466383.png

while omitting one of Mitch's worst
1647289488276.png

then there's the playoffs...

1647289194706.png

1647289204997.png

if I had a gun to the head and had to choose one of them to start a playoff game I know who I would pick
It's comical to me that "stats only tell part if the story" yet Jimmy's and Mitch's team playoff success doesn't qualify the same way.

IMO, you can't simply point to the fact that Jimmy is 5-2 (laughable in and of itself considering one of Jimmy's "wins" he took 2 snaps in a 40 point blowouts with New England)....and ignore that he has been downright terrible in the playoffs as a whole.

Wins and losses are team stats.

realistically they were probably never in the running for him, but it woulda been sweet

now to watch some other team grab stephon gilmore :emoji_cry:

All that needed to be said. There’s a better QB that could’ve been had for Pittsburgh and they didn’t go get him. They made the wrong move.
If that is all that needed to be said, they would have chosen the better QB. Obviously there is a lot more that goes into it than simply choosing who they think is better. If thats the case, Jimmy would have been traded by now.

Its not that Jimmy is worse that Mitch. Its that the situations surrounding acquiring and paying the two factor into the decision.

L lightweight champion look at it this way my friend....

What provides more value to teams?

a- Jimmy with a new contract + whatever it would take to get him
b- FA market (Trubisky, Winston, Mariota, etc.) with a cheap contract

A wasnt and isnt a slam dunk decision. I think that should be obvious based on how it has gone so far. Jimmy is better than Mitch. But its about value, not just straight up who is better than who?

L lightweight champion look at it this way my friend....

What provides more value to teams?

a- Jimmy with a new contract + whatever it would take to get him
b- FA market (Trubisky, Winston, Mariota, etc.) with a cheap contract

A wasnt and isnt a slam dunk decision. I think that should be obvious based on how it has gone so far. Jimmy is better than Mitch. But its about value, not just straight up who is better than who?
I’m not just speaking about taking Trubisky over Jimmy. They also took themselves out of the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes with this move. It was wrong on more than one level.

Back
Top Bottom