:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1692499550952.jpeg

Man im glad we got a good 2nd and 3rd qb. That man purdy is the real deal . He made it look soo easy. That man bell the real deal too. Moody scares me. Shanny was dialing it up. Lance got comfy after ino. We need Bosa Bosa signed up. And we look good boyz

Flags are killing Lance. I like how no one mentioned Darnolds int tho
Bell should've caught that pass from Darnold. It was a perfect pass right in his hands, and Bell didn't secure it which led to the ball bouncing off his hands and straight into the defender's lap for a pick

Meanwhile Lance telegraphed tf out of that check down where the defensive lineman was reading Lance's eyes the whole time, which led to the deflection n pick.

Trey did redeem himself by leading the team on the drive that led to the game winning FG and led another scoring drive before that.

I think the battle for the backup QB spot gonna come down to the last preseason game

Last edited:
i agree, i’d like to see Trey get some reps with the starters to see what he can do

I was able to catch the first series of the game and yeah, Brock was out there looking like the veteran QB. Deebo looks so much slimmer and seemed quicker too.

I then woke up from a nap to catch the 4th quarter with Trey and yeah, he needs reps and work. It does look like he's feeling the pressure. He missed a throw to Snead but hesitated. Last TD drive was nice though.

Trey definitely needs reps. Which makes how he was handled his rookie year all the more maddening to me. I don’t blame Trey if he currently feels scared to mess up or make a mistake in the limited action he’s getting because the time where he would’ve had the leeway to make mistakes and learn was his rookie year. And you ultimately learn by playing and from in game action. You’re inevitably going to get much more patience as a rookie qb. The time to make mistakes and learn on the job was 2021.

Jimmy’s always been a poor man’s Joe Flacco with injury issues. He should’ve been on borrowed time the second that trade to move up was made. Appreciate his contributions and being a good team guy who is well liked by his teammates. That’s never been the issue. But he shouldn’t have managed to remain the starting qb as long as he did in 2021. Especially when he wasn’t lighting it up or making any type of compelling case that the 49ers made a mistake drafting his replacement.

Selfishly I hope Trey doesn’t see the field at all this season aside from garbage time. Because that means Purdy is staying healthy and playing well. But if he does get his shot at some point. I hope he’s ready.

Trey definitely needs reps. Which makes how he was handled his rookie year all the more maddening to me. I don’t blame Trey if he currently feels scared to mess up or make a mistake in the limited action he’s getting because the time where he would’ve had the leeway to make mistakes and learn was his rookie year. And you ultimately learn by playing and from in game action. You’re inevitably going to get much more patience as a rookie qb. The time to make mistakes and learn on the job was 2021.

Jimmy’s always been a poor man’s Joe Flacco with injury issues. He should’ve been on borrowed time the second that trade to move up was made. Appreciate his contributions and being a good team guy who is well liked by his teammates. That’s never been the issue. But he shouldn’t have managed to remain the starting qb as long as he did in 2021. Especially when he wasn’t lighting it up or making any type of compelling case that the 49ers made a mistake drafting his replacement.

Selfishly I hope Trey doesn’t see the field at all this season aside from garbage time. Because that means Purdy is staying healthy and playing well. But if he does get his shot at some point. I hope he’s ready.

i feel you on the frustration about the handling of trey’s rookie year. hindsight being 20/20, i wish they had given trey snaps seeing as to how the season ended.

but in some ways, since the roster was still so talented, i could see why shanny decided to go with a veteran yet limited QB over letting a rookie with higher upside, potentially struggle thru his starts.

trey redshirting in ‘21 sucks even more after he got injured the next year. the silver lining is ‘22 showed us that Brock is a ****ing stud.

No reason to not give Trey a chance. The division and conference both suck!!! Start Trey Lance. If he goes 0-3 pull the plug.

If Brock is as great as you guys like to believe then we should still be able to make the playoffs with 14 games left.

i feel you on the frustration about the handling of trey’s rookie year. hindsight being 20/20, i wish they had given trey snaps seeing as to how the season ended.

but in some ways, since the roster was still so talented, i could see why shanny decided to go with a veteran yet limited QB over letting a rookie with higher upside, potentially struggle thru his starts.

trey redshirting in ‘21 sucks even more after he got injured the next year. the silver lining is ‘22 showed us that Brock is a ****ing stud.

Yeah the 2022 injury sucked. Because week 18 Trey would’ve likely been much better than week 1 Trey. But we never got to see that growth. But Brock Purdy was one helluva silver lining. There’s inevitably going to be 7th round picks who play at a high level. There’s going to be late round qb’s who end up being absolute studs. Hopefully this was the 49ers turn to be the lucky team who hit the jackpot on the guy who ends up being that steal of the ages.

As for 2021. They were coming off a bad 2020 season which was largely due to injury. But they were somewhat of an enigma going into the 2021 season. There were legit questions about 2019 and was it a fluke, was 2020 more of who they really were or were they something in-between. Yeah they were a talented team, but there was question marks. I can rationalize going with Jimmy week 1. But at some point when it was visible Jimmy wasn’t elevating them. The switch should’ve been made. Closest comparison I can think of would be Lamar Jackson replacing Joe Flacco midway through the 2018 season.

Maybe they don’t beat the Bengals or win the week 18 game against the Rams with Trey under center. Hell the same could be said about the Dallas and Green Bay playoff games. But at the same time they were winning games largely with defense, running and yards after catch with Jimmy under center. It wasn’t like he was putting the team on his back in those games.

I get that hindsight is 20/20. I just think there was more urgency for Trey to play his rookie year than in most cases because he essentially missed 2020. Even if he didn’t get hurt in 2022. That’s still essentially 3 years without much meaningful in game action.

Back
Top Bottom