:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There’s a lot of interchangeable pieces on that list. The focus now turns to keeping the window open for the foreseeable future and to where it’s able to sustain the inevitable roster turnover and losing longtime faces which comes with the salary cap era NFL. They gotta nail this upcoming draft.

As for Kyle Shanahan. I’m trying to veer away from some of the drunken in the moment takes I had last night and look at him objectively. He’s a very good coach. He’s played a big part in transforming the culture within the organization. You can’t deny any of that. If the 49ers have a bad season and they fire him next year. He would be at the top of the list for any team who has a head coaching vacancy.

Some of his late game decision making absolutely deserves scrutiny. He’s gotta wear the label of being the offensive coordinator of 28-3 and the coach of Super Bowl teams who blew late leads until he gets over that hump. That’s the nature of the game. Look how Andy Reid was viewed during his Philly days and even early in KC tenure prior to Mahomes. Kyle needs to wear the scrutiny, a lot of it which is deserved. But ultimately he needs to learn from it and not let it define him.

People see Andy Reid as the guy who was the coach of a team who won 3 super bowls in 5 seasons. No one remembers him as the coach of teams who lost 3 straight NFC championship games, threw away a Super Bowl due to poor clock management and proceeded to lose another NFC championship.

If they get over the hump with Kyle Shanahan as the coach. The narrative changes the very second the clock hits 0 and confetti falls.
While everything you said I 100% agree with, do YOU actually have the confidence that Kyle the narcissist can shed that label and actually win the big one?

Cause I surely don't

Reid and Kyle have two different personalities. Kyle, no matter what anyone says, thinks his xxxx don't stink

Andy Reid acfually had the humility to accept his flaws and CHANGED his ways after he transitioned from McNabb to Alex Smith to Pat Mahomes. He became much better strategically after losing to Belichik and the Patriots in the playoffs before Mahomes became the Mahomes we know now.

Kyle ain't changing xxxx

List is missing the most important player in yesterday’s game: Jauan Jennings.

He’s the only dude who feels like a “must bring back” but niners can’t afford him
JJ was clutch but we gotta do what we did when Bourne walked. Next man up or find a cheap replacement. Gray was been ***, Bell too inconsistent. Draft might be the answer or you never know someone cheap might want a shot at a ring

List is missing the most important player in yesterday’s game: Jauan Jennings.

He’s the only dude who feels like a “must bring back” but niners can’t afford him
I like Jujuan a lot. I think he is an important piece, but how much do you really think he is going to get on the open market? Here are his stats for his 3 years as a pro:

24 catches, 282 yards, 5 TDs
35 catches, 416 yards, 1 TD
19 catches, 265 yards, 1 TD

And he is an incredible blocker. But is this a WR that is going to get a ton of interest on the open market? Throw him $2-3M and call it a day. If some other team offers him more, then he can go.

I like Jujuan a lot. I think he is an important piece, but how much do you really think he is going to get on the open market? Here are his stats for his 3 years as a pro:

24 catches, 282 yards, 5 TDs
35 catches, 416 yards, 1 TD
19 catches, 265 yards, 1 TD

And he is an incredible blocker. But is this a WR that is going to get a ton of interest on the open market? Throw him $2-3M and call it a day. If some other team offers him more, then he can go.

He’s a RFA so assuming he tests the market, niners can only retain him by matching offers. If pats gave bourne 3/$15 million, i could easily see JJ getting $5-7 mill per season given how sure handed he is, his blocking, and how he showed up in the SB/post season. Solid third down receiver and chain mover.

And at the very least if you’re not going to defer, then you really can’t settle for the FG. Not saying they should’ve gone for it on 4th and 4 but you gotta run it on 3rd and 4.

Even if you say CMC was bottled up yesterday, he was averaging 3.6ypc. 3.6 yards on 3rd and 4 is getting us a first down or 4th and inches. I’ll take that every time knowing mahomes is getting the ball back

I’m more mad at him not deferring than I am at him kicking the field goal when it comes to overtime. ****s like baseball with the new overtime format. Let them go first and see what they do and your possession is like the bottom of the 9th where you know exactly what you need to do to counter.

But I’m really more mad at him not going for it on 4th and 2 with a 1 minute and some change left. The goal is to have more points than the Chiefs when the clock hits 0. Not to have more points with a minute left.

The reward, being able to milk the clock down to damn near 0 while making KC use their timeouts and kicking a field goal while all but assuring Mahomes doesn’t get the ball back is well worth the risk of them not converting, and KC drives down the field and kicks a field goal to win it in regulation. Hell KC almost won it in regulation anyway, but down 3 with 2 timeouts and a minute and some change left wasn’t going to deter Mahomes.

So your claim is that on the one drive the 49ers had in Overtime, CMC had 14 touches? Sorry, you are flat out wrong.

16 rushes.

when the chiefs weakness all season is rush defense and you rush 16 times you played yourself

16 rushes.

when the chiefs weakness all season is rush defense and you rush 16 times you played yourself

Were we watching the same game? The Chiefs were stacking the box. CMC didnt have the game you seem to think he did. He had 34 yards and a fumble in the first half. He was averaging 3.3 yards per carry in regulation. I get he is our star RB, but he absolutely was not having a great game.

Were we watching the same game? The Chiefs were stacking the box. CMC didnt have the game you seem to think he did. He had 34 yards and a fumble in the first half. He was averaging 3.3 yards per carry in regulation. I get he is our star RB, but he absolutely was not having a great game.

3.3 yards a carry is bad?
so playing to their defensive strength was the way to go? smart

Kyle is a great play designer, but his in-game decision making stinks. I’m ready for a dedicated OC.
Yup.

Obviously, he isn’t going anywhere, but they need to bring in a person who sole responsibility is decision-making during crunch time.

I don’t even fully blame Kyle on that, it’s just way too much for one person to manage.

Many coaches don’t run the offense or defense. Their sole job is to make those types of decisions.

Took Andy Reid 21 years to finally win one and get the monkey off his back when he was 60 years old. He was 12-14 in the playoffs before Mahomes helped deliver one for him. Now he’s got 3 in the last 5 years. Kyle deserves a lot of criticism and some of the heat is warranted but folks calling for his head already are some whack *** fans. He’s 8-3 in the playoffs and we all know how hard it is to win in the playoffs let alone make it to 4 conference championships and 2 Super Bowls in 5 years. With that bum Jimmy G being carried in half those playoff games to boot. Mahomes is who he is. Basically the Final Boss. Greatness ☹️. Had to play perfect to win but we didn’t and still had the lead at the end of regulation and OT, highest paid defense had two chances to close it out for a Super Bowl win after being trash all post season and they failed to redeem themselves. Gonna rock with Kyle until he wins one, hopeful that BCB is the answer. He played well. Kyle wants to win one for #TheFaithful more than anyone, he bleeds red and gold. Yet, some bum *** fans want us to go back to irrelevance. Erickson/Nolan/Singletary and Tomsula/Kelly days have seemed to have been erased from some fans’ minds.

Anything under 4 yards is considered bad genius.

I wonder why they wanted Purdy to theow? Maybe its because …..

you still here dodging questions…

3.3 yards a carry is basically a first down every 3 plays genius. so logic and simple math eludes you

Box showed up in front of my house today and I was kind of confused.

I must be in so much shock that I forgot about the jersey I ordered for the potential parade. Makes it hurt even more. :smh: :rofl::frown:

IMG_3217.jpeg

you still here dodging questions…

3.3 yards a carry is basically a first down every 3 plays genius. so logic and simple math eludes you
Anything under 4 yards per carry is bad. You cant come up with these silly equations.

The ball was in Brocks hands. Brock did nothing. Shanny trusted him to do something but nothing happened. Chiefs wanted Brock to throw because they know the truth

Box showed up in front of my house today and I was kind of confused.

I must be in so much shock that I forgot about the jersey I ordered for the potential parade. Makes it hurt even more. :smh: :rofl::frown:

IMG_3217.jpeg

Nah that’s fire :pimp:

Edit—this time next year ill see you at the parade with my Trent on as well, shouldnt be hard to find :lol:

beyond not running with cmc, what was infuriating about kyle’s play calling was constantly going empty set and lining up cmc as a wide receiver. If you want to use him as a receiver, why not a wheel route out of the backfield?

With the amount of pressure chiefs were bringing, why leave brock out to dry like that? Juice is an all pro FB for a ****ing reason, he’s an elite blocker and a 6th lineman. Romo said it multiple times, go true I formation and run it, or at least make them think there’s a threat of running.

Shanny is better than a vast majority of nfl coaches and we’re lucky to have him but ****ing god damn it this dude always ****ing out smarts himself

Anything under 4 yards per carry is bad. You cant come up with these silly equations.

The ball was in Brocks hands. Brock did nothing. Shanny trusted him to do something but nothing happened. Chiefs wanted Brock to throw because they know the truth

it’s simple math bro :lol:

Back
Top Bottom